• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Christopher Tolkien passes away at age 95

Christopher Tolkien was J.R.R Tolkien's editor and he spent years composing and assembling the huge mythology that Tolkien created. He composed the Silmarillion, Beren and Luthien, the Fall of Gondolin and many others. He is the main reason we have such an expansive knowledge of Tolkien's world and characters.

I think we should all pay our respects to a man who helped the Legendarium so much.

Haven't read any of the Tolkienverse, even though it's been on my to-do list. This is quite a sad development, though we should be happy about how long the man lived and how many contributions he's given. A truly long life, spent shaping our perception of modern fantasy.

Unfortunate. Although i haven't interacted much with his work, it influenced a entire genre in fiction. He'll be missed for sure.

As an aspiring author myself, I can tell you that creating a world such as the one that Tolkien did was a marvel in and of itself. And being tasked with taking this world and expanding upon it, especially one that was not especially yours, I can appreciate the hard work Christopher must have put into crafting these books based on the world of Lord of the Rings, and expanding the world into what it is today.

God bless you, Christopher Tolkien. You did the world good.

I also dont know who he is but rest in peace and may your family be able to bear through this and we will not forget the contribution you did with fantasy novels

Damn

So dies another mighty pen of the Tolkienverse.

He will be missed. May he rest in eternal peace.

Damn... it's hard to point to many people who have had a bigger impact on the fantasy genre as it is. And as an aspiring fantasy writer myself, it's the examples set by people like him that I, and many other people follow.

He will surely be missed.

This is saddening news, I have been a huge fan of the Lord of the Rings franchise even though I know little about the books nowadays. I've always been a huge fan of the movies however, and I know the books were far more expansive regarding the lore. So to see the creator of such a phenomenal franchise pass away is heart shattering, and now his son is passing. He was the one who drew the maps for the LotR books, and has helped his father a great deal.

May he rest in peace alongside his family.

He was a true legend. I never personally read the books, but the movies based off of them (and video games based off of those) were an enormous part of my childhood,and his work will always be fondly remembered.

May he rest in peace.

Back