• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chat Moderator and Images Helper pages (Staff only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skalt711

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
Chat Moderator and Images Helper pages don't exist and it will be nice to have them because they are the pages who take a detailed look at how these roles work. Also, a minimal base of their responsibilities, benefits and appointment conditions would be nice to be built, like how it appears in other role pages. So, why exactly we need to create the suggested pages? Well, they shape a basic characteristic of their respective roles. They can also help the members to be acquainted of the roles' work, their promotion requirements, benefits and responsibilities in case of if users target to carry the roles.

I'm preparing the rough drafts for the pages, it'll take a time to finish them. Is anybody fine with my suggestion? I want to hear opinions.

Note: This is a staff only thread.

We can't make chat mod pages because that may force us to actually be responsible with our power

The most important part of the job as far as I know is identifying trolls and sockpuppets, keeping discussions in check is something that rarely needs to happen, to tell the truth, tho I guess you can't ignore this part of the job either.

Overall I would say there are only three really important requirements for a chat mod

• Being familiar with the chat rules
  • Being active on chat
  • Being able to identify sockpuppets and trolls

Well, I obviously do not always make sense, but thanks anyway.

Tbh I didn't feel that needed to be said on top of the "should be familiar with chat rules" requirement.

This can be emphasised if you want in the actual page.

I dont see a need for a chat mod page to be honest. The job is self explanatory. Neutral on image helper page. Im not familiar with how that section work, Skalt and Peter should weigh more in on that themself.

I technically also think that the two positions are mostly self-explanatory, but I suppose that it wouldn't do any harm.

Hm... About the chat moderator page, let's wait for more opinions. For the images helper page, it seems that Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff agrees with my suggestion.

As I said, it would be nice to build a base of these positions' responsibilities, benefits and appointment conditions, so that we can semi-objectively say about them, who deserves the role and who can be demoted for really heavily breaking responsibilities.

I have upcoming exams tomorrow and on Friday, so the drafts won't be ready tomorrow.

I've updated my draft by tweaking it a bit.

So, for how much time does the member need to be active in order to be a Chat Moderator candidature? I've chosen 1 month, but it can be extended to 2, 3 or 4 months. Is anybody agreed with my appointment regulations?

And about the time for what member need to be inactive in order to be demoted. Three months are likely a way too long time length that I chose, so it may be possible to shorten it to just a month. Is anybody agreed with my demotion regulations?

Skalt711 said:
I've updated my draft by tweaking it a bit.

So, for how much time does the member need to be active in order to be a Chat Moderator candidature? I've chosen 1 month, but it can be extended to 2, 3 or 4 months. Is anybody agreed with my appointment regulations?

And about the time for what member need to be inactive in order to be demoted. Three months are likely a way too long time length that I chose, so it may be possible to shorten it to just a month. Is anybody agreed with my demotion regulations?
From the Content Moderators and Discussion Moderators page, I think it should be the same lenght for all staffs positions.

• Member should be active for at least 6 months, with at least 3 months of frequent activity.

Makes sense. Some of the members are an exception though as Sayo Yasuda didn't hit 6 months.

Alright, let's setup your suggestion. Any thoughts about demotion regulations?

Routly the same as from the Discussion Moderators, Calculation Group, and Content Moderators:

Removal
The XXXX Moderator position may be revoked under any of the following conditions:

• Violation of wiki rules.
  • Bad-mouthing wiki policies.
    • Personally disagreeing with policies is an entirely separate issue.
      • In case of such a disagreement, it is recommended that the issue be resolved with a private conversation, instead of exploding publicly.
  • Direct disobedience of an administrator or bureaucrat in case of a site policy.
    • Personally disagreeing with a policy is an entirely separate issue.
      • In case of such a disagreement, it is recommended that the matter be handled via personal messages.
    • Publicly disagreeing about a page's content (such as a character's statistics, or the profile image) is, of course, permitted, as long as done within the confines of the site's rules.
      • Public argument is prohibited in cases of site policies only. In such instances, it is strongly recommended that the matter be handled via private messages.
  • Inactivity of a prolonged period of time:
    • Complete inactivity for a period of three months or more.
  • Misuse of powers to modify statistics of administrator-locked pages, to insert false and unmotivated ratings.

Anybody else is willing to contribute to my Chat Moderator draft page?

I guess I would change "The VS Battles wiki's chat is the place where users can talk to each other in real time" to "The VS Battles wiki chat is a place for users to talk to each other in real time" and use other terms than "flame wars" and "bullying" if possible.

That's just my take on it tho

Not atm, I am also fine with keeping the words if there aren't better alternatives.

Thank you. Should I create the page then?

@Antvasima

Alright, Andytrenom did his edit and the page is ready to be created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back