• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Charizard Vs Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega forms are Large mountain level. If it's base then use mountain level+

Lucario has precognition and likely superior skill.

Charizard resists lucario's STAB moves, can hit it with super effective fire type attacks, and has better mobility.

I'd say Charizard in a close match.

A fire/flying type vs a fighting/steel type. This is pretty clear cut, Charizard FRA.

Charizard: 7 (Dusty Raider, Modernmyrmidon, Starter Pack, Ionliosite, GyroNutz, CalebTB12, Xanxussama1010)

Lucario: 0

Inconclusive: 0

We're at 7 votes. It's now in grace.

Starter Pack said:
Charizard: 7 (Dusty Raider, Modernmyrmidon, Starter Pack, Ionliosite, GyroNutz, CalebTB12, Xanxussama1010)

Lucario: 0

Inconclusive: 0

We're at 7 votes. It's now in grace.
Whoops. I miscounted. Guess we've been in grace for 3 hours then.

What can Lucario even do exactly? It's not very close when both types of Charizard are good against Lucario's both types in a way.

Charizard melts ez pz

Charizard FRA

sorry I know I'm ridiculously late but

why are people voting Charizard? only because of super effective hits and flight? cuz that's pretty much all he has going for him

Lucario counters super effective moves with Endure and stat amps plus Life Dew for OP recovery (4 uses minimum for completely full health), can counter flight with multiple range moves and better speed via Extreme speed (which has been shown in the anime to be used for mobility as well), has a multitude of steroids via swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Work Up, Calm Mind (which makes Charizard's special fire moves less and less effective every time), and Laser Focus (free crits), plus he has a couple of really good debuffs via Screech and Metal Sound. Add the fact that Lucario is far smarter and outskills means that he can keep in the fight long enough to get the boosts he needs, PLUS due to Solar Power Charizard is constantly killing himself as the fight goes on

the only thing Charizard has going for him is Super Effective Moves (which I addressed above), Smokescreen (which Lucario counters via blasting him with boosted Aura Spheres, which hit hard despite being resisted plus it can be enhanced with Laser Focus crits). and Scary Face (which Lucario can counter with Extreme Speed). Other than that he has nothing else going for him

And if anyone tried to argue that Charizard has somethin else up his sleeve, Lucario can just yoink it with Copycat

So all in all, despite this being necro, Lucario should win mid diff

It has been two years, and the character profiles are outdated to the time match was made. So, I will close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back