• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

The guard examined the sword for a few moments, before his eyes widened beneath his helm. It was... authentic. He'd seen many of Cornelius' "work" before, but... those were mere replicas, mass-produced garbage. This was the true, genuine article... a rapier forged by the man himself.

"By the sun..." The guard whispered to himself, before shaking his head and grunting a bit.

"Only an agent of the church would have this, so you seem to be legit... But I still don't have the authority to let you meet with her excellency directly. She is legitimately very busy." The guard explained, "However, while I cannot bring you to her personally, I can relay messages for you that will be passed up the chain of command as fast as possible. What do you need?"

Siglos said nothing for a moment...before gingerly breathing out.

"...We have engaged the g-group of assassins plague t-the city...and found a secret underground corridor, which housed a l-large number of teleportation circles." Siglos explained. He slipped the sword back into his bag, continuing to speak.

"...We...c-collapsed the corridor, destroying their means of teleportation and...f-forced the survivors to flee. Archbishop Velen has r-received this information, and has sent an airship to retrieve us. This l-last part is uh...r-really important. Please don't shoot it down..." Siglos finished.

The guard froze for a moment, trying to process all the information that he had been given. After what seemed like an eternity of thinking and processing... he spoke.

"I'll relay this information to the court right away." The guard said, "I don't uh... know how they'd respond to that last part, but chances are they won't shoot it down. I mean, that'd be like basically declaring war on the Goddess herself... who'd be dumb enough to do that?"

Siglos chuckled awkwardly, a wave of relief spreading across his body.

"Y-yeah...imagine that..." Siglos muttered. Gingerly, he moved his hood, which he had pulled down to speak to the man, back onto his head, before taking a step backward.

"...A-anyway. Thank you. W-we'll be on our way then." He said, glancing over at Sylvia.

"Good. Hopefully her excellency will respond to you posthaste... Godspeed to you." The guard nodded swiftly, before seeing Siglos off. Sylvia glanced at his from afar, recognizing the conversation had gone well and sighing in relief.

"Good. Hopefully her excellency will respond to you posthaste... Godspeed to you." The guard nodded swiftly, before seeing Siglos off. Sylvia glanced at his from afar, recognizing the conversation had gone well and sighing in relief.
Giving the guard a polite wave, he shifted his attention to Sylvia, letting out his own sigh of relief.

"...O-one of the guards is...going to inform her. She is.. apparently too busy for us to m-meet with." He said softly. Gingerly, he raised his hand up to her own, letting her grab onto it if she chose.

Giving the guard a polite wave, he shifted his attention to Sylvia, letting out his own sigh of relief.

"...O-one of the guards is...going to inform her. She is.. apparently too busy for us to m-meet with." He said softly. Gingerly, he raised his hand up to her own, letting her grab onto it if she chose.
Sylvia glanced down at Siglos, letting out a sigh. She did not grab his hand.

"I... guess that's as good as we can ask for." She muttered, "At this point, the best we can do is wait... maybe make a few preparations to leave, if there's anything that you need to do before they snatch us up..."

Siglos…awkwardly lowered his hand, shifting uncomfortably where he stood.

“Y-yeah. I suppose so. I’ll…uh…go back to the inn, then. Jeanne and Cain w-will…need to be informed if they have not already.” He muttered. Slowly, he began to walk ahead, moving in the direction in which they came.

"Cain probably heard us." Sylvia said, "If she's still awake, that is... Rakshashin can hear far, but we can't hear shit in our sleep. And Cain sleeps like a Boulder..."

"Cain probably heard us." Sylvia said, "If she's still awake, that is... Rakshashin can hear far, but we can't hear shit in our sleep. And Cain sleeps like a Boulder..."
"...I...think she told m-me she was going to sleep a-after we talked. She and Jeanne did train all night." Siglos said softly.

"W-wouldn't expect her t-to be eavesdropping o-on every little conversation we have e-either...I...hope not, anyway." The Everian muttered.

"I guess..." Sylvia shrugged once more, noticing Kargath and the idiot duo[Duine and Shalor] in the distance as they approached. Though, she could see them from however far away, she just hadn't been paying attention.

Back