• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UchihaSlayer96

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator

Hello everyone!

The goal of this thread is to propose some major changes to, and/or explain, how the Top tiers of the Naruto-Verse should be scaled. In this thread specifically, there were two especially controvertial topics that came up in regards to Juubito scaling. Those were "Should Juubito actually scale to or above the Ten-Tails physically?" and "Should BSM Naruto and Senjutsu Susano'o EMS Sasuke scale to Juubito?". In this thread, I hope to put both issues to rest as well.

Juubito Scaling:

• Obito absorbed the Ten-Tails into himself when he became the Ten-Tail's Jinchūriki, including both its body mass and chakra.
  • Upon gaining the transformation, Obito immediately broke Hashirama's Deity Gates and the Hokage's 4-Crimson Ray Formation Barrier, that previously withstood a TBB from the Juubi without much issue, with his chakra arms. In both instances, he was noted to have done something the Ten-Tails itself could not do, even with its TBB.
  • Why should his physical strength scale to his chakra arms? Because there's absolutely no indication that their physical limbs, which are already coated in the same Bijū chakra, shouldn't be just as strong. In fact, we've been told that these Bijū chakra limbs are merely extensions of the user's limbs. The only time these chakra limbs have been shown to be stronger are when Kaguya used her Vacuum Fists and SPSM Naruto countered with his own giant chakra fists, but these are very different variations. Kaguya's Vacuum Fists is a special attack that is noted to be her most powerful offensive Jutsu, and even has elements of the Gentle Fist incorporated into it as well, but on a much higher scale, which empowers it even more. In Naruto's case, he'd already learned to conjure some of Kurama's limbs at will, such as Kurama's arms, head, and tails, which is explicitly different from the standard chakra arms he used in KCM and the ones Obito used. The giant limbs are more akin to partial tranformations, instead of the supplementary chakra arms, and as such it makes sense as to why they're more powerful.
  • Additonally, in his altercation with BSM Naruto and BM Minato, Obito tried to block their combined Giant Rasengan using his Chakra limbs, but they were completely obliterated, yet his TSB shield held up and withstood the attack. And guess who was carrying that shield? Yes, Obito himself, with his regular limbs. If his limbs were weaker than the chakra arms, they would've shattered under the force that Naruto and Minato were applying. Even if you say this should only apply to the TSB's AP, I'll explain why Juubi Jins should somewhat scale to their TSBs anyway in the durability section later. I should also mention that I'm not necessarily advocating for Naruto and Minato to scale here, but rather pointing out the portrayal of his chakra arms.
  • So in conclusion, not only is the notion that the chakra limbs are stronger than Obito's regular limbs unfounded headcanon, but it's also heavily contradicted by the source material. As such, Juubito should physically scale to the Juubi, if not higher, via his feats.
  • As for the Deity Gates feat, the Deity Gates have many nuances that need to be taken into consideration. A) They can change their size and form to match the opponent they're meant to bind, so there's your explanation for why they were smaller against humanoid targets. B) The regular Gates that were used to bind the Juubi's body, limbs, and tails are normal binds that physically constricted his movements. C) The "Seal Head" is different from the aforementioned Gates, in that they pour Senjustu chakra into their target and literally seal away their will to resist the binding. This is important to note because Obito already has Resistance to Willpower Manipulation for resisting and breaking the seal, but this feat is still relevant because Obito didn't just shatter the Seal Head, but all of the Gates that Hashirama used to bind him, including the other Tori that restricted the Ten-Tails. This is notable because when he performed the feat, both Tobirama and Hiruzen treated it as a feat of strength when they noted "The Sage Art Seal that had even suppressed Ten-Tails" and "such power" respectively. This is a straightforward raw power feat, and not treating it as such is simply disingenuous.
  • He was repeatedly stated to have the Ten-Tails' power under his control in a more focused form. He was stated verbatim to have the same power as the Ten-Tails, if not more, but just in a more focused form, which is precisely the purpose of Jinchūriki in the first place. They actively control and focus the power of a Tailed-Beast, so while they're not "stronger" per say, they are able to bring out a Bijū's full potential, which is what Gyūki was talking about here.
  • He can use the Ten-Tails' TBBs, up to 4 at a time, and he can also charge them.
  • All of the feats and statements above were mostly about Uncontrolled Juubito, who had little control over his thoughts or body, and was actively fighting the Juubi for control. Once he took full control, he obviously became much stronger and had perfect control over the Ten-Tails' power.

• Since I've already established that his striking strength is easily on par with the Ten-Tails itself, then it stands to reason that his durability would as well. Why, you ask? Oh, I don't know, physics? Newton's 3rd law? Any of that ring a bell? The fact that I have to argue or even mention such basics is honestly kind of embarrassing, yet here we are.......Numerous characters on the wiki are scaled this way, and I personally see nothing wrong with it, since it's perfectly logical. If characters' durability were much lower than their striking strength, they would literally hurt themselves simply by throwing punches.
  • Additionally, it should be mentioned that Ten-Tails Jins are physically comparable to their own TSBs. This is explicitly shown when 8 Gates Gai attacks Madara with his Sekizo. The attack sends Madara flying through his own TSB shield, shattering it in the process, but he remains relatively unharmed (Yes, the attack hurt him a bit, but he clearly withstood it as Gai even points out). The exact same sequence of events also took place when BSM Naruto sent TCM Toneri flying through his TSB shield during their fight, so this concept is clearly consistent.
  • This is relevant because, as I said above, this scales them at the very least to their chakra limbs physically. It's also relevant for their durability, since it clearly scales as well. These TSB shields have also been explicitly shown to tank multiple charged TBBs exploding simultaneously. (up to 4 at once)
  • Obito can also create a barrier using his chakra (since we know these Crimson Ray Formation barriers are created and maintained using the user's chakra). This barrier also withstood the 4 TBBs exploding simultaneously.

BSM Naruto and EMS Sasuke Scaling:

In this section, I hope to resolve the ever-present scaling conundrum of BSM Naruto and EMS Sasuke (With Kyubi and Senjutsu enhancements) scaling to Juubito. Without further adieu, here we go.

• I'll begin by highlighting the most prevalent and apparent ideas that support this notion:
    • Sage Mode Naruto's Rasengan was capable of affecting, and clearly harming, Juubito. If this were a purely AP related exhange, it'd be impossible to deny the obvious inconsistency since Sage Mode Naruto has absolutely no business being even in the same realm of power as Juubito. Base Rinnegan Obito was casually manhandling KCM Naruto, and withstanding his Rasengans, even when caught off-guard. So a weaker form like Sage Mode has no logical reason to be capable of even scratching Obito after he absorbed the Ten-Tails. This is simply undeniable. The argument of him being caught off-guard does not work either, since being caught off-guard should not lower his durability by literally thousands of times. In addition, as stated above, a weaker form of Obito was already caught off-guard by stronger forms of Naruto, TWICE, and didn't suffer nearly as much damage. Another example of this is when Minato, another extremely intelligent character with experience against Juubi Jins, thought he could actually affect Madara with his Sage Enhanced Rasengan, and Gaara echoed that same sentiment. This is the same situation as with Naruto, especially because Biju Mode Minato was already proven to be weaker than Juubito, and we know his Biju Mode is superior to his Sage Mode in terms of raw power.
    • So why is this not simply a minor inconsistency or PIS moment? Well, that's because the story makes a point out of explaining exactly why this occurred, as it was an extremely important plot development when the protagonists discovered the invincible Ten-Tails' host's weakness. Yes, weakness:
    • Now, surely if the numerous feats lead to them scaling then we can't just ignore it, right? That is correct; however, I also think that many of their "feats" are highly questionable and dubious in nature. Let's go through them:
      • Firstly, BSM Naruto and BM Minato attack Obito with a combined Chou Odama Rasengan, powered by both of them + Senjustu. They destroy his chakra arms, and he then blocks their assault with a TSB shield. They clash, and then are sent flying in the other direction, but not before slightly cracking the TSB shield. This feat doesn't really work because it's illogical for Obito's chakra arms to get ran through like butter, but then for his TSB shield to hold up that well against their assault. The TSB shield is slightly more durable, yes, but as I've proven in the previous scaling section, the difference really is negligible, and Obito scales somewhat to his TSBs and chakra arms physically. The more likely explanation, in my opinion, is that Obito simply underestimated their initial assault, and didn't put as much power into his initial defense with the chakra arms, which is why they got destroyed, but the TSB shield did not. Either that, or the chakra arms are just impossibly inferior to Obito's physical strength, which doesn't really make much sense, and still wouldn't result in Naruto and Minato scaling anyway. As we go along, it should become abundantly clear that Obito truly was holding back here.
      • This part will hopefully put the nail in the coffin, as I'll attempt to showcase why Naruto and Sasuke's feats are also highly questionable:
      • Throughout this entire portion of the fight, it has been made abundantly clear that Obito's main objective in this clash was to break Naruto's, and everyone else's, resolve and reaffirm his own; as he was beginning to show clear doubts. Kakashi even mentions that Obito has realized there's a chance he may have been wrong, causing his own resolve and conviction to begin to waver. So in an attempt to reaffirm his beliefs and regain confidence in his plan, he kept pushing Naruto, over and over again, in order to reaffirm that with enough death, betrayal, and hatred, anyone can break and despair as he once did. In short, he was never even trying to kill Naruto. Instead he wanted to break him mentally in order to confirm his own beliefs. This fact alone puts every feat into question, but it doesn't stop there. As Naruto kept getting back up, refusing to give up, and even inspiring everyone else to bet everything on him, Obito's mental state and resolve began to break which highly compromised him.
      • To further prove that Naruto and Sasuke shouldn't scale, here they both attack Obito's shield, but they don't do any damage beyond a few small chunks flying off of it. They didn't even manage to send Obito back, even though he was suspended in mid-air.
      • Here they both attack him with with their TBB and Susano'o arrow respectively, but once again to no avail. They once again only managed to do minor damage to his shield.
      • Here he causally blocks their attacks, and then proceeds to grab them and throw them aside, which sends them flying and destroys their Kurama Avatar and Susano'o respectively. This clearly shows that he was just playing around previously, given the casual nature with which he overpowered them.
      • After this, Sasuke unlocks his Perfect Susano'o, and creates a Majestic Attire with Susano'o with Naruto. It's a minor point, but the Majestic Attire is far above the sum of its parts, as we've seen previously with Madara. By combining his Susano'o with the Kyubi, he was able to somewhat contend with Sage Mode Hashirama's strongest technique, and we know that Sage Mode is certainly far above a mere 2x increase. This means that Naruto and Sasuke at this point likely far surpass their individual strength by a large margin, so even if they had any grounds for scaling from this point forward, it would simply not scale to their individual power at all.
      • In any case, they definitely do not scale from this point forward because this was truly the end for Obito. Once he pulled out his Sword of Nonuboku, a blade that represents his soul and emotions, he was going in a full-blown ideological clash with Naruto, in a literal sense. His shield was literally broken by the Kyuubi-enhanced Konoha 11 (Do I really need to point out the issue with this?), and then once Naruto's chakra made contact with his sword, he was already defeated. He started seeing actual visions of his doubts, broken dreams, and false hopes. His own self doubt materialized in the form of "What could have been?". Once his resolve completely broke, the sword broke, and the Bijuu were almost pulled out of him in one fell swoop. Everything that happens after this point is literally just Naruto doing what he does best and Talk no Justu'ing his way to the victory over the already mentally broken Obito, so it clearly has no bearing on scaling.

In conclusion, I believe I have illustrated that Naruto and Sasuke should not scale to Juubito reliably due to:

A) Senjustu being blatantly treated as weakness, and MUCH weaker characters being able to harm Juubi Jins simply thanks to Senjutsu.

B) The unreliable and dubious nature of the feats performed against Juubito.

How The Top Tiers Will Scale:

PS has a 991 Gigatons feat calc that should replace their current High 6-A. Madara also makes a statement about his PS being comparable to the Bijuu. I believe he is referring to the power of Kurama due to him having fought with him in the past.

If this scaling is accepted it would make 100% Kurama High 6-C+ (991 Gigatons), BM Naruto and Minato would scale to half of this value since they only have access to 50% of Kurama.

Hashirama's base Mokuton should be High 6-C+ as well for being comparable to Madara's PS and Prime Kurama, with his SM Mokuton being 10x that value, which would put it at 6-B (9.91 Teratons). This would also scale to Madara's Majestic Attire: Susano'o for being able to contend with and destroy Hashirama's Shinsu Senju's arms with its Evil Disturbance Waltz. It's durability also scales for being able to take hundreds of hits from the Shinsu Senju before its armor is chipped and cracked.

Since the 10x SM multiplier has been accepted here, BSM Naruto will scale to 10x his BM self which is 495.5 Gigatons, which will make him 4.9 Teratons (Small Country+) for AP and since his durability scales to 21 Teratons from this feat, his durability will be 210 Teratons (High 6-B).

Sasuke's Senjutsu Susano'o and Perfect Susano'o respectively should be on par with Bijuu Sage Mode Naruto for being able to keep up with him, and having equal portrayal. If for whatever reason this is not accepted for Sasuke, then he can just be rated as 10x his EMS Susano'o due to Juugo's Curse Mark amp.

If I missed anything in the OP, feel free to bring it up in the comments so we can discuss it.

Last edited:
I mean though BSM/ SM Susano has clashed evenly with Juubito and nothing got melted in the process

it’s pretty much that if they use any Senjutsu related chakra is when the weakness happens but either that, physically they can close to Juubito

This thread lacks Madara and Hashirama wank, let me fix this.

I believe both Madara and SM Hashirama should scale to Juubi, but still scale below Juubito. Hashirama was kind of unimpressed by Juubi, in Sage Mode his Deity Gates could tank Giant TBB from Juubi just fine. But most importantly, Hashirama and previous Kage that know Hashi's power never said anything about Juubi's power being too strong.
But they all together admitted that Juubito>Hashirama. And that was the only time Hashi made a serious face and was actually concerned about his opponent.
I believe it's safe to assume that Hashi>=Juubi.

And for Madara there's this statement. Implying he is relative to Juubito in power, BUT, throughout the fight Madara was battling Hashi and trying to get his Sage Mode, and talking about trump card, some might think it's referring to RInne Rebirth, but no, he mentioned it when Obito was JJ, at that point he couldn't control him and considering his statement of "weakening" Obito, I believe he planned to weaken Juubito through force with Hashi's Sage Mode. So, Madara with SM should be relative to Juubito but still weaker in raw power, you can be weaker than your opponent and still beat them.

But this isn't the most ridiculous thing, even after absorbing Hashi's Sage Mode Hashirama himself stated that Madara was only regaining his true power after reviving himself.
Now you might be thinking, this is crazy, how does Prime Madara comparable to characters who could fight Juubi and Juubito.

I believe all is because of Kurama and Gyuki. Juubi didn't have Kurama's and Gyuki's powers, it was revived with tiny portions of Kinkaku and Ginkaku's reserves of Kurama's chakra and a little bit of Gyuki's chakra. And we know how much stronger Kurama is relative to other Bijuus even at 50%, some tiny chakra from K&G is insignificant to actual Kurama, the same can be said about Gyuki.
50% Kurama on its own could rival BB of 4 other Bijuus combined and fight 5 of them.

Hashirama and Madara on the other hand fought 100% Kurama, which you might think is only 2x above 50%, I beg to differ. Just the sheer difference in size tells us how much weaker Kurama became after Minato sealed 50% of its chakra.
This is 100% Kurama's paw print, relative to 50% Kurama's size. From the battle against Hashirama we know 100% Kurama was relative to Mountains in the past.

If we go by this scaling, Edo Madara with Sage Mode is a threat to Juubito through Madara's statement, mind you, Madara saw Juubito fight and he knew his power. Alive Madara with Sage Mode who was stated to be only regaining his true power is even stronger than Edo SM Madara, but still no proof of him being completely equal to Juubito, but as Hashi said Madara was only regaining his power, and him fighting Alive SM Hashi and 100% Kurama in the past says a lot.
We already know how much stronger Alive versions are.

So I believe not having Kurama and Gyuki makes Juubi significantly weaker and allows characters who fought 100% Kurama to scale and the backscaling from Edo due to Hashi's statement also helps.
Juubito>SM Hashirama=>Prime Madara>=100% Kurama.
I believe it works like this.

Sage Mode Hashirama and Edo Madara are roughly equal in power and relative to Juubi, while I believe Sage Mode Madara is relative to Juubito in power but still weaker due to plot I guess and the lack of actual fight, only statements.

P.S: Some links have multiple images, don't forget to scroll.
Edit: BTW this isn't scaling of physical strength, just their strongest Ninjutsu, aka Susanoo and SM Wood Release.

Last edited:
And for Madara there's this statement. Implying he is relative to Juubito in power, BUT, throughout the fight Madara was battling Hashi and trying to get his Sage Mode, and talking about trump card, some might think it's referring to RInne Rebirth, but no, he mentioned it when Obito was JJ, at that point he couldn't control him and considering his statement of "weakening" Obito, I believe he planned to weaken Juubito through force with Hashi's Sage Mode. So, Madara with SM should be relative to Juubito but still weaker in raw power, you can be weaker than your opponent and still beat them.

This wouldn't be valid for the same reason why Sage Mode Naruto isn't scaling to Juubito.

I agree. Sage Mode Madara probably was going to weaken Juubito with senjutsu-based attacks. His raw power can't compare with Juubito.

I believe both Madara and SM Hashirama should scale to Juubi, but still scale below Juubito. Hashirama was kind of unimpressed by Juubi, in Sage Mode his Deity Gates could tank Giant TBB from Juubi just fine. But most importantly, Hashirama and previous Kage that know Hashi's power never said anything about Juubi's power being too strong.
But they all together admitted that Juubito>Hashirama. And that was the only time Hashi made a serious face and was actually concerned about his opponent.
I believe it's safe to assume that Hashi>=Juubi.
I'll start by addressing this, because it's the main issue I have. Everything else can be argued to be true, but I'm not really sure about the Deity Gates scaling to Hashirama's Ninjutsu.

It's not like Hashirama actually creates them with his chakra, like he does with his Mokuton. He just kind of summons them, and they fall out of the sky. They're honestly more akin to Summoning Jutsu, if anything, so I don't see why or how they can scale to his Ninjutsu or Mokuton.
If you can prove that they do scale to his regular Ninjutsu in SM, then I feel like everything else could be argued more effectively.

I personally dont actually mind much either way but I do think that logically Juubito and the Juubi should scale separately to everyone else. Soo basically you guys can carry on and whoever "wins" gets my support.

I'll start by addressing this, because it's the main issue I have. Everything else can be argued to be true, but I'm not really sure about the Deity Gates scaling to Hashirama's Ninjutsu.

It's not like Hashirama actually creates them with his chakra, like he does with his Mokuton. He just kind of summons them, and they fall out of the sky. They're honestly more akin to Summoning Jutsu, if anything, so I don't see why or how they can scale to his Ninjutsu or Mokuton.
If you can prove that they do scale to his regular Ninjutsu in SM, then I feel like everything else could be argued more effectively.
No, Deity Gates is Sage Art, not Summoning. So he creates those with SM, they fall from the sky to pin the target down with the force.

I don't have to prove those scale to his other stronger Sage Mode Mokuton, you have to prove it doesn't.
This wouldn't be valid for the same reason why Sage Mode Naruto isn't scaling to Juubito.
That would be fair but Naruto even in BSM with the help of Sasuke couldn't deal with Juubito and both were using Sage Mode. Now, you can't say Rasengan from SM Naruto>BSM+Sasuke CM Susanoo.
I don't believe that using that one instance to downplay Juubito is valid when he has greater feats.

I don't have to prove those scale to his other stronger Sage Mode Mokuton, you have to prove it doesn't.
You kinda do though. I didn't make any claims, you did.
You said they scale to his Jutsu in SM, and in this post you said they scale to his other "stronger Sage Mode Mokuton".
My questions are:
A) How do you know they scale?
B) Why do you say his other Mokuton Jutsu are stronger?

Another thing is, just because it's Sage Art, doesn't necessarily mean anything. Sage Art covers all branches of Jutsu, including Genjutsu and Fuinjutsu (which the Deity Gates actually are, now that I've looked.)
Fuinjutsu, or Sealing Jutsu, don't necessarily always scale to a character's stats or regular Jutsu unless proven otherwise. The best examples I can think of are things like the Reaper Death Seal or Kushina's Adamantine Chains.

Another thing to note that is that those individual gates don't necessarily scale to the full yield of the Juubi's Biju Bomb. The bomb detonates hundreds of meters away from them, and while they are quite large they're relatively small compared to the whole area of the Biju Bomb explodes in.

In theory you could probably calculate the durability of each one individually.

But even then, they don't necessarily scale to Hashirama's own AP / Durability.

You kinda do though. I didn't make any claims, you did.
You said they scale to his Jutsu in SM, and in this post you said they scale to his other "stronger Sage Mode Mok
Please, let's not play this game, we scale Techniques like this all the time, open a random profile and look. You have to prove that his Sage Art Ninjutsu doesn't scale to other Sage Art Ninjutsu. Deity Gates is classified as Ninjusu and Senjutsu in Databook, not summoning jutsu.
B) Why do you say his other Mokuton Jutsu are stronger?
I said other stronger Mokuton, aka Shinsuusenju and Buddha with Sage Mode.
Another thing is, just because it's Sage Art, doesn't necessarily mean anything. Sage Art covers all branches of Jutsu, including Genjutsu and Fuinjutsu (which the Deity Gates actually are, now that I've looked.)
Except Sage Art isn't a Summoning, it doesn't Summon already created structure, he creates those with Sage Mode.
If it was a Summoning jutsu it would've said so like it always does in Naruto Databook, or in the manga itself.
Fuinjutsu, or Sealing Jutsu, don't necessarily always scale to a character's stats or regular Jutsu unless proven otherwise. The best examples I can think of are things like the Reaper Death Seal or Kushina's Adamantine Chains.
False Equivalence, Death Reaper doesn't have anything in common with Adamant Chains and Deity Gates. aside from both being "Sealing". But we all know there are different types of sealing jutsus.
Death Reaper Seal is an actual sealing technique where you seal someone's power into something else, Deity Gates and Adamant Chains are restraining techniques that have physical form and Durability and AP (Karin destroying Zetsu).
And so happens that Deity Gates are destructible, you just need to apply enough force.
Another thing to note that is that those individual gates don't necessarily scale to the full yield of the Juubi's Biju Bomb. The bomb detonates hundreds of meters away from them, and while they are quite large they're relatively small compared to the whole area of the Biju Bomb explodes in.
The explosion happened in a confined space.
But even then, they don't necessarily scale to Hashirama's own AP / Durability.
I am not talking about his physical durability or strength, you'll have to prove Deity Gates don't scale his other Sage Art techniques.

Last edited:
Following this to see where it goes but I am confused. SM Hashirama and Edo/EMS Madara are clearly superior to BSM Naruto and EMS Sasuke (CM), so where they stand after all of this?

Following this to see where it goes but I am confused. SM Hashirama and Edo/EMS Madara are clearly superior to BSM Naruto and EMS Sasuke (CM), so where they stand after all of this?
I proposed a scaling for both Hashi and Madara, everything is canon and backed by scans.
Check a little higher, its a semi big wall.

Please, let's not play this game
Well, we have to play this game because you can't expect me to prove a negative. You made the claims, so the burden of proof falls upon you.
, we scale Techniques like this all the time, open a random profile and look.
Oh, so you mean the profiles we're in the middle of revising and overhauling due to their poor quality and scaling inconsistencies? Surely, we can't use those as any sort of evidence.
You have to prove that his Sage Art Ninjutsu doesn't scale to other Sage Art Ninjutsu.
No, you have to prove that, given that you're the one claiming that it definitely does.
It's also classified as a Sealing Jutsu, so why didn't you mention that? As I said before, Sealing Jutsu are somewhat different than regular Jutsu, and in many cases don't scale to the user's regular Jutsu arsenal. Examples of this being Kushina's chains and the Reaper Death seal. Are they the exact same? Of course not, but I'm saying that there's precedence for Fuinjutsu not scaling directly to Ninjutsu.
I said other stronger Mokuton, aka Shinsuusenju and Buddha with Sage Mode.
Yeah, and I'm asking you to prove that they are actually stronger than the Deity Gates. If his regular Mokuton attacks in SM were this strong, then why didn't he just restrain the Juubi with it instead of the Deity Gates?
Except Sage Art isn't a Summoning, it doesn't Summon already created structure, he creates those with Sage Mode.
If it was a Summoning jutsu it would've said so like it always does in Naruto Databook, or in the manga itself.
I didn't say it was a Summoning Jutsu, I said it was "akin to a Summoning Jutsu" in the sense that he just summons it out of the sky, in contrast with all of his other Jutsu that spawn out of his body or out of the ground.
Is it actually confirmed that he creates them though? I don't recall any such statement.
False Equivalence, Death Reaper doesn't have anything in common with Adamant Chains and Deity Gates. aside from both being "Sealing". But we all know there are different types of sealing jutsus.
Never said they operated in the same way, I just pointed out two techniques within the Sealing category that did not apply to their respective user's AP and Jutsu's AP. That is all.
Death Reaper Seal is an actual sealing technique where you seal someone's power into something else, Deity Gates and Adamant Chains are restraining techniques that have physical form and Durability and AP (Karin destroying Zetsu).
And like I said, neither should inherently scale to their regular Jutsu's AP without sufficient proof, which is why they do not scale to AP at all, and I have yet to see why the Deity Gates are any different.
And so happens that Deity Gates are destructible, you just need to apply enough force.
I never said they weren't. I'm not even against the idea of giving the Gates an AP and Durability rating, but all I'm saying is that I don't see any reason to scale them to his Mokuton.
I am not talking about his physical durability or strength, you'll have to prove Deity Gates don't scale his other Sage Art techniques.
No, once again, that burden lies with you.

Also just logically speaking, this doesn't really make any level of sense because Kurama's non-exploding TBBs are capable of contending with and breaking apart his Shinsu Senju's arms, while the Deity Gates are capable of no-selling a Juubi TBB without much issue. You do know that this would make Madara, Kurama, and Hashirama all stronger than the Juubi, right? I don't see how that makes sense tbh.

Oh, so you mean the profiles we're in the middle of revising and overhauling due to their poor quality and scaling inconsistencies? Surely, we can't use those as any sort of evidence.
No, like how we scale a random X element jutsu of a certain character to another random Y element jutsu of the same character.
An example, Sasuke has the same AP for all his Ninjutsu, be it Katon, or Raiton. JJ's have the same AP for all of their jutsus.
No, you have to prove that, given that you're the one claiming that it definitely does.
Ok, then we will have to assign different tier to all Sage Art techniques and other techniques of characters.
It's also classified as a Sealing Jutsu, so why didn't you mention that? As I said before, Sealing Jutsu are somewhat different than regular Jutsu, and in many cases don't scale to the user's regular Jutsu arsenal. Examples of this being Kushina's chains and the Reaper Death seal. Are they the exact same? Of course not, but I'm saying that there's precedence for Fuinjutsu not scaling directly to Ninjutsu.
You didn't bring anything new to the table to debunk my statement. It being called a "Sealing Jutsu" doesn't help you in the slightest, it's a restraining jutsu that has a physical form, durability and AP and it tanked Juubi's BB just fine.
This still stands:

Yeah, and I'm asking you to prove that they are actually stronger than the Deity Gates. If his regular Mokuton attacks in SM were this strong, then why didn't he just restrain the Juubi with it instead of the Deity Gates?
I dunno, he seem to put more effort in fighting Madara than restraining Juubi. And he was breathing heavily after Shinsuusenju while he was casual with Deity Gates.
He didn't use regular wood because Deity Gates reduces the will of opponents after restraining them physically. It's a Sealing Jutsu for a reason.
If you don't agree with Shinsuusenju scaling above Deity Gates, fine, but you'll still have to scale them to being comparable to the Gates.
I didn't say it was a Summoning Jutsu, I said it was "akin to a Summoning Jutsu" in the sense that he just summons it out of the sky, in contrast with all of his other Jutsu that spawn out of his body or out of the ground.
Is it actually confirmed that he creates them though? I don't recall any such statement.
It's not akin to summoning jutsu, it's literally a jutsu that's manifested in the sky to pin down an enemy with the force when it falls.
It doesn't need to be confirmed, all non Summoning Jutsus are created, you have to prove it's Summoned.
Never said they operated in the same way, I just pointed out two techniques within the Sealing category that did not apply to their respective user's AP and Jutsu's AP. That is all.
And you brought in Reaper Seal as proof which is false equivalency. Sealing Techniques =/= Restraining Techniques that have physical form and durability along with AP.
It's just so happens that any binding technique in Naruto is called Sealing Technique.
Also just logically speaking, this doesn't really make any level of sense because Kurama's non-exploding TBBs are capable of contending with and breaking apart his Shinsu Senju's arms,
Madara's Susanoo Swords did that, and it was 100% Kurama.
while the Deity Gates are capable of no-selling a Juubi TBB without much issue. You do know that this would make Madara, Kurama, and Hashirama all stronger than the Juubi, right? I don't see how that makes sense tbh.
I made an explanation for this.
Hashirama in SM would scale to Juubi, just like Edo Madara, Sage Mode Madara will scale above his Edo Self. And we have Hashirama stating that SM Madara after revival only began regaining his true power as in the past.
But this isn't the most ridiculous thing, even after absorbing Hashi's Sage Mode Hashirama himself stated that Madara was only regaining his true power after reviving himself.
Now you might be thinking, this is crazy, how does Prime Madara comparable to characters who could fight Juubi and Juubito.

I believe all is because of Kurama and Gyuki. Juubi didn't have Kurama's and Gyuki's powers, it was revived with tiny portions of Kinkaku and Ginkaku's reserves of Kurama's chakra and a little bit of Gyuki's chakra. And we know how much stronger Kurama is relative to other Bijuus even at 50%, some tiny chakra from K&G is insignificant to actual Kurama, the same can be said about Gyuki.
50% Kurama on its own could rival BB of 4 other Bijuus combined and fight 5 of them.

Hashirama and Madara on the other hand fought 100% Kurama, which you might think is only 2x above 50%, I beg to differ. Just the sheer difference in size tells us how much weaker Kurama became after Minato sealed 50% of its chakra.
This is 100% Kurama's paw print, relative to 50% Kurama's size. From the battle against Hashirama we know 100% Kurama was relative to Mountains in the past.
Again, your argument stands on "Prove Deity Gates scale to other Sage Art Techniques" which is tbh nonsense, we can as well do the whole Narutoverse overhaul and separate all techniques. And this scene already proves it, Shinsuusenju makes him breath heavily.
You can't ignore Madara's statement about weakening Juubito, or throw away the fact that Hashirama wasn't even concerned about Juubi while he admitted that Juubito is stronger than himself, the only time he rated someone higher than himself in power. Or how the barrier Kage's created was strong enough to withstand multiple BBs from Juubi, while Hashi being stronger than all other Kage's combined.
He has enough proof of scaling to Juubi.

He has enough proof of scaling to Juubi.

Hashirama should not be scaling to the Juubi at all... He admitted that Obito with the Juubi inside him is stronger than him, and with Tobirama acknowleding that Hashirama is no match for him even if he cancelled all of his clones.

Juubito's raw power is not significantly higher than the Juubi's, just more focused.

Which means all of that power, which belongs to the Juubi, would still be beyond Hashirama as well.

Last edited:
Hashirama should not be scaling to the Juubi at all... He admitted that Obito with the Juubi inside him is stronger than him, and with Tobirama acknowleding that Hashirama is no match for him even if he cancelled all of his clones.
Why didn't Hashirama and Kages say the same thing when they saw Juubi? Why did Hashirama take Juubi casually while he took Juubito seriously and admitted his inferiority?
Juubito's raw power is not significantly higher than the Juubi's, just more focused.
Yes, Juubito focusing his power is what makes it stronger.
Which means all of that power, which belongs to the Juubi, would still be beyond Hashirama as well.
Logically speaking, Juubito didn't become stronger as in, he didn't gain more raw power, that's true, but him focusing his power what makes him stronger as a result.
Hashirama would scale to the output of Juubi, not the output of controlled Juubi in the form of Juubito.

Why didn't Hashirama and Kages say the same thing when they saw Juubi? Why did Hashirama take Juubi casually while he took Juubito seriously and admitted his inferiority?

Because they weren't fighting the Juubi directly at that moment. They were containing it.

It was only when they had to step up and directly confront Juubito that he admitted inferiority.

Hashirama would scale to the output of Juubi, not the output of controlled Juubi in the form of Juubito.

Even though he had zero direct interactions with the Juubi? The only action he took when the Juubi itself was active was to help set up the barrier with the other three Hokage, and to pin it in place with a willpower-controlling seal.

Seriously disagree with OP's stance on BSM Naruto and CM Susanoo.

For starters, saying that the Chakra Arms and TSB are somewhat relative to each other thus BSM Naruto's feats against them should be discounted is nonsensical imo. The entire argument is an appeal to incredulity.

We're talking about a New Form's only feats which are highly consistent. Juubito showed dominance against BSM Naruto and Sasuke physically when he slammed both of them out of their Forms when irritated. We know that all Top/God Tiers are physically stronger than their TSB (With the Exception of Maybe Kaguya with ETSB) via Madara/Toneri.

The premise of Top Tiers Scaling to Juubito is false. They don't. They scale from the TSB which Juubito and all persons with Six Paths Chakra who produced them are shown to be phsically superior to.

There is 0 evidence showing how much the Juubi Jins scale over their technique here. There is an unquantifiable Gap so saying BSM Naruto and CSM Susanoo wouldn't scale is essentially saying:

"We don't scale them because they logically shouldn't be near Juubito who is unquantifiable superior to the TSB that they consistently damaged/destroyed."

That is nonsense. BM Minato Scales to BM Naruto who is already established. Thus we know the majority of the AP for their attack is supplied by BSM Naruto. BSM Naruto and CSM Susanoo they partially Shatter TSB and we know CSM Susanoo is relative to BSM due to equally having Sasuke/Juugo survive the Slam from Juubito.

Thirdly we have BSM Naruto via his own power shatter the TSB completely BEFORE Obito waivers. Majestic Attire Susanoo doesn't amplify the chakra of Kurama or BM Naruto or Sasuke. The DB clearly outlines that is just a Suit of Armor and thus acts a Suit of Armor does for normal person. The Physical AP of Kurama and Susanoo are combined, not multiplied. The increases gained are logical and purely physical so Naruto Shattering the TSB via his own power can't be attributed to MA. That is baseless and there are no antifeats here.

Edit: Just to reiterate for a Tl;dr: Juubito is shown having Physical and Easy Dominance over BSM Naruto/CSM Susanoo. This means he has easy physical power surpassing the TSB. BSM Naruto's and CSM Susanoo are consistent in their feats with 0 anti-feats. MA Susanoo doesn't amplify Chakra and Top Tiers don't scale to Juubito, they scale from TSB which Juubito is established as easily being superior than.

Last edited:
The increases gained are logical and purely physical

Not so. Sage Mode is involved, which the OP has argued is a weakness of the Juubi Jins.

Not so. Sage Mode is involved, which the OP has argued is a weakness of the Juubi Jins.
SM only is a weakness to them physically. It doesn't weaken their chakra. Furthermore it expressly stated that the TSB only can't nullify or erase Jutsu with NE. NE doesn't weaken the TSB.

Iirc, there was a scene in the manga where BSM/SM Susano clashed with Juubito yet nothing happened

so literally, anything utilizing Senjutsu chakra is what cause the weakness to activate

Disagree with the whole OP hehehehe
I agree with most of the OP except this portion. It doesn't discredit the striking since you have other reasons, I just have an issue with the justification
  • Why should his physical strength scale to his chakra arms? Because there's absolutely no indication that their physical limbs, which are already coated in the same Bijū chakra, shouldn't be just as strong. In fact, we've been told that these Bijū chakra limbs are merely extensions of the user's limbs.
It said that it "feels like" an extension, which is a simile, which is figurative language, which shouldn't be taken seriously.
Bee said that it's a combo of your chakra and the Bijuu's chakra, so Idk if that would work as the same thing as "an extension of your limbs" when they aren't your own limbs.
  • The only time these chakra limbs have been shown to be stronger are when Kaguya used her Vacuum Fists and SPSM Naruto countered with his own giant chakra fists
Killer B could get knocked around by Ay but his Chakra arm could grab him with no issues. Could even block his punch.
They're also faster to, as Naruto as a kid could get reacted to by Sasuke, but long range he still gets blitzed. He even says that he can anticipate Naruto but not the chakra arms.

Everything else is fine, it doesn't hinder the striking as a whole, I just don't agree with this example.

Disagree with the whole OP hehehehe
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
I agree with most of the OP except this portion. It doesn't discredit the striking since you have other reasons, I just have an issue with the justification
Fair, fair. I'll try to address your concerns here as best I can.
It said that it "feels like" an extension, which is a simile, which is figurative language, which shouldn't be taken seriously.
Or......Bee means exactly what he says? It feels like an extension of your limbs while you're in Bijuu Chakra Modes/V2/Bijuu Mode/etc.
Bee said that it's a combo of your chakra and the Bijuu's chakra, so Idk if that would work as the same thing as "an extension of your limbs" when they aren't your own limbs.
Remember, their actual limbs are also coated in this exact same Bijuu chakra, so the chakra limbs are simply extensions of those limbs in those forms. I never said they're extensions of their regular limbs in their base forms, by example.
At the end of the day, these limbs have only ever been used for extra maneuverability, supplementary tools for attack or defense, or utility limbs. They've never been shown or stated to be stronger than their physical limbs except for the few examples I covered in the OP.
Killer B could get knocked around by Ay but his Chakra arm could grab him with no issues. Could even block his punch.
Base B loses to Raiton Armor A, then his Partial Transformation somewhat contends with A. What's the issue here? Obviously his partial transofrmation/Bijuu chakra forms are far above his base form. The same applies for any Bijuu chakra users; their Bijuu chakra forms are naturally superior to their base forms in strength. That doesn't mean that their chakra extremities are stronger than their chakra cloaked limbs though.
They're also faster to, as Naruto as a kid could get reacted to by Sasuke, but long range he still gets blitzed. He even says that he can anticipate Naruto but not the chakra arms.
You're forgetting a very crucial detail here. Naruto was significantly faster than Sasuke here, but once Sasuke awakened his 3rd Tomoe and began predicting Naruto's movements, he was able to keep up with him. It was noted that he can't predict the chakra arms' movements, which is why the already existing speed difference came back into play. KN1 Naruto was always faster, but Sasuke's precog evened the odds...........until it didn't.
Everything else is fine, it doesn't hinder the striking as a whole, I just don't agree with this example.
Great to know, and glad to have your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back