• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can retired Calc Group Members evaluate calculations?

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Nothing much, was just curious. Obviously when a CGM retires their evaluations remain valid, and I think I've seen retired ones still officially approve calculations on occasions but I don't quite remember for sure. It'd make sense, it's not like they forget how to do math, and I've seen ex-staff's opinions still be valued.

So uh, as per title.

Last edited:
Honorary CGMs who have yet to take the title can evaluate them too (Like moi). It's no secret that even retired CGMs would be able to do so. Just ask DontTalk.

Technically it is no longer their obligation as they are retired, but due to their prior recognition their evaluation is still very much taken into account. That's my POV.

If they're evaluating calcs, they're not retired.
... Yes they are? If a guy retires and five months later he chooses to say OK to a calc they don't immediately get the role back.

Then should they be saying "OK" to the calc in the first place?

No because when I want out of this hellhole, I want out

Obviously calcs shouldn't retroactively become unusable because the evaluator retired but nah

On general principle I don't get why someone would retire just to turn around and do calc evaluations but yeah

I think it's a frequency thing, if you retire you're no longer interested in actively doing evaluations or be consulted but that doesn't mean you won't do it every once in a while, maybe for verses you're interested in yourself.

Back