• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calling it quits now, baby I'm a wreck

Crimson_Azoth

VS Battles
Retired
is this the correct procedure? ****** if i know

I don't think anyone will have seen this coming. Some of you perceptive lads that have noticed my disappearances from around here for days at a time becoming more and more frequent may have, but yeah.

If you haven't guessed already, this is it. I'm resigning.

Why am I doing this? A lot of reasons, but primary among them is work. I'm entering year 2 of the IB Diploma Program, and it is a bitch and three quarters. I am barely sleeping as it is, and I quite simply do not have time for this incredible website anymore. Real life is getting in the way.

God I'm getting freaking emotional writing this. I know that it is for my own good that I leave, but I've made such wonderful memories here. And you guys have taught me so much. My life was a mess when I stepped into here, but now everything has straightened out. Last year, I was slowly and inexorably failing at all facets of school, and was alone, fat and friendless, and on the verge of suicide. This year, I came top of my year in mathematics, scored 1480 in the SAT, actually pulled myself off the couch and exercised, and met some incredible friends and a wonderful girlfriend (who is a user here).

It's all thanks to you guys. Every person that I have interacted with here has just been so kind and genuine. To discuss your favourite verses with some of you is an honest pleasure as you are so passionate and care so much.

I want to personally thank each and every one of you, but then this post would go on for days and I've already been writing for ages. But there is one person who deserves to be called out.

Apies. God, where do I start, mate? You were the nicest person to me, period, for the longest time. You've introduced me to some excellent horror (The Thing, The White Vault, to name but a few) and you may be proud to hear that The Thing was the first movie I ever watched with the girl who would become my girlfriend. I can't fit everything I want to say to you hear, but just, dude, thank you so much. For everything.

For the record, this may not be the last time I grace these waters. I may be back. Who the hell knows? Certainly not this idiot. But I sincerely hope I do.

601 days and just over 7000 edits. It's been real. I love you guys.

Crimson Azoth, signing off for the last time.

E noho r─ü.

I deeply apologize that you're going through all of this. I can relate to all these levels of anxiety, stress, and depression quite well. And therefore, you have my sympathy. However, I do hope there comes a day where your life is turned around. You were a joy to have around and it is saddening to see you go.

I am also very sad to see you leave. You have been a very nice and valuable staff member. I will miss having you around, and appreciate your support, both to the community and me personally. You are always welcome back to your old positions in the wiki if you should change your mind later, but I am glad that things are working out better for you IRL, and I hope the best for your future.

I want to personally thank you for the time you put into helping with what few of the Dark Tower revisions we managed to get done. You made a point to contribute a lot whenever you could do so, and you have my respect for that.

I don't know you. We never really talked. Because of that, I don't have anything else to say that wouldn't be said better by someone else who paid more attention to you. But I hope you achieve whatever it is you're setting your mind to. You strike me as a bright person, and going by what I've witnessed from you, I think you have a lot of educational potential that you've barely scratched the surface of. Live your best, study your hardest and do yourself proud.

No, I'm not here right now. What makes you think I am?

calls himself an idiot, gets >1400 on the SAT

Honestly... that's kinda relatable. I have A.P instead of I.B, so I can't truly empathize with the hassle your class is, but still. How any of you manage to keep up with this while having a job and/or school is beyond me. As long as you've exited a person, of any sort, who has changed for the better. I'm happy for you, man.

GokuGoodbye
Just do me a favor... Don't forget us

Oh, my. This frankly came out of nowhere for me. I'm really sad at this.

Crim, I've known you for a while since you came on the site, as you were one of a select group of people who would participate often in debates with less popular characters and verses on the site, such as Five Nights At Freddy's, and you were a very consistent face in any of my off-the-wall debates, along with people such as Apies or Jacky. And watching you grow from true blue member to Calc Group to eventually Discussion Mod was a real pleasure, especially with my own growth in status on the wiki as well.

It's been a ride, my dude. Know that we all appreciate your company here, and you will always be welcome in this community. You've always been outstanding in whatever you do, and I'm sure this'll carry on in whatever is to come for you. For now, until your hopeful return, so long, and thanks for everything!

Oh. Wow.

OH HELL NOW I HAVE LESS PEOPLE TO DEFLECT THE CALCLESS MASSES OH LORD OH FORK

.... Jokes aside though, this actually brings me back. We were both recruited at the same time.

One good thing about FANDOM forcing us to use a highlights thread? Records are easy.

We've both been on the job for a long while, I've gotten in trouble like several times over, but in irony, it's the other that'll actually lay off now.

I'm not much for sentimental speaking unless there are very specific and personal conditions, so I don't have much more genuine stuff to say. I'll wrap it up

You've earned rest man. A lot of people go through alot beyond this wiki of ours, and I should probably test myself to pick up more slack, figure out more methods to calc, think harder, learn more, and generally make up for the stuff people get conniptions about me over.

All the best to ya dude. I'm happy your life has taken a swing upwards, and I can only wish for it to get even better for you. I am on the other hand remorseful we weren't able to chat much more, aside from some general requests and meme shit dotted about. You seemed like a cool dude and I sincerely think this community is losing one of it's best members. I too hope you can return here again.

Also, you are the only son I regard with any sort of goodwill.

Yup, Kaltias, DarkAnine, AssaltWaffle, Reppuzan, Azathoth, Mr King, several more on the list, and now Crimson Azoth. Lots of great staff members are leaving, but at least we also have good staff members coming as well to balance that. Still would have been great if everyone could have all stayed though.

Back