• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calculations should be put on the pages of everyone who scales to them

So, I recently found some actual valid criticism (for once) of our website on Reddit. Don't let the title mislead you, it's not just ******** on us for disagreeing with the poster's personal opinions on the stats of anime/comic characters or whatever, it's actual criticism (Even if they aren't exactly tactful about it).

Long story short, the poster is annoyed that you need to click on sometimes upwards of five separate pages to find the origin of a character's stats. As such, I think we should put the calculation that the character scales to on the profile itself (As said in the title). We could make it something like "Better than/Equal to/Almost as strong as than X, who (upscales from/downscales from/is equal to characters who) can do this ("This" containing the link to the calc that the character scales from).

This wouldn't be easy by any stretch of the imagination, but it would make it easier for people to find the stats of characters without needing to click on several separate profiles and generally improve quality of life for casual users of this wiki.

I think this would be too impractical to implement.

As much a fan as I am of making scaling and values clear, I don't think adding the calculations to every single page would be the best solution.

A better solution, IMO, is to expand the power sections of Verse pages to explain what characters are scaling to, or to have detailing scaling breakdowns in a blog post or something similar that can be linked to on the verse page.

I feel the same as King Tempest it is gonna be a mountain of work but is a great idea on a smaller scale
For example Character A scales to B instead of just saying that we elaborate in said justifications character B did X thing.

Or elaborate on the powers section of verse pages with quick scaling notes showing who scales to what.

Last edited:
Yeah, people shouldn't need to open 5 or 10 tabs just to find the one calculation where the feat comes from; it should be listed in the verse page obviously as well as the person who did the feat. Though, there are often times where it's a massive scaling chain; A > B > C > D > E > F > G who did the feat. Which is going to make character A's justification looks quite lengthy and redundant. Though, I did make an official scaling chain blog for Dragon Ball to fix problems like that. I do not think we should make a project, but I personally think it could be a, as you notice you may include the calculation feat that each character ultimately scales from.

Wouldn’t making an entire section in the verse page for all the calculations alleviate this problem?
Not in of itself most verses I know of show all their Calcs on the main page and people are still annoyed by this kind of thing

To truly fix it I think you would need some short Scaling notes probably like

“Low 6-B’s scale to this
Character B is stated 100x stronger than the low 6-B feat(insert scan) so he is High 6-B”
With exceptions getting more in detail explanations in justifications

TBH I support the premise of the OP.
Having to look over a chain of several pages just to find the proper thing X scales to in some way is impractical.
That being said, listing the calc directly isn't plausible to do so consistnetly as it's just too late to do that on a good chunk of the site, but the issue can be reduced by listing scaling on the verse page or so.

Wouldn’t making an entire section in the verse page for all the calculations alleviate this problem?
We already do that. But I can see that random visitors probably don't know that verse pages list those calcs and don't bother to check them. They only go with what's in the character's profile in most cases.

Why is this not already a thing? Every profile's justification should link to the original profile with the source calc of the rating

I partially disagree, this would make many profiles a complete mess, especially when the rating is given via a long scaling chain.

You can do it when the chain involves 1, at most 2 characters, but that's the limit, imho.

To make it easier the calculation should be listed on the verse page, possibly split in main and secondary, but that's it.

A blog to explain scaling and relationships can be useful but it still has to be optional.

"Defeated Dave, who destroyed a mountain", and with that put the links
How does it make a complete mess?
"Kept up with (character) who kept up with (character) who kept up with (character) who is stronger than (character) who is comparable to (character)... who did (feat)"

Probably just say "Scales to (character) who scales to (feat)" and explain who that other character scales to and why in his own page. That way you can reference as many pages in a loop while also showing the main feat in each page.

Last edited:
Probably just say "Scales to (character) who scales to (feat)" and explain why that other character scales in his own page. That way you can reference as many pages in a loop while also showing the main feat in each page.
It can work sometimes, but in some occasions it would just connect a character to a feat done by someone who is unrelated to them and make the overall description not that good.

Trying to shorten the scaling chain as much as possible is good, but if the one who made the feat is, like, sixth on the chain and mostly unrelated to the first or even second, it shouldn't be included in the description, imho.

As much as I strongly agree with the premise of this, and agree that this shouldve already well been a thing, I too think its too impractical to pull off. At best, the calculations should be added to the verse page itself.

And maybe write a note in editing rules, scaling rules, or some page detailing our standards for character profiles that the verse page should be looked at for tier justifications?

Randos who just come here for stats aren't going to read those.
Maybe, but the bigger issue not taken into account however is that our site isnt just for random people either. Its for everyone. Visitors and actual members, so we'd have to do this in a way that benefits both parities for the whole site. Whatevers actually manageable.

And honestly, its not our problem if randoms who just come for 5 seconds to glance at stats wont do their part to try and see where we write our standards at. It goes both ways.

I agree also, I once entered one one piece profile where's stated that "x" character scales to "y" character then I go to "y" character and it says that "y" character scales to "z" characters and that through many pages.

Sometimes it even went circulary when I saw "x" scales to "y", "y" scales to "z" and then "z" scales "x".

It's so confusing so I'm pretty much agree.

I don’t like how we do “scales to x, who is stronger than y, who beat z, who did this feat”

Like doing all that for a character page 3 jumps away from the person that had the feat everyone is scaling to makes no sense because at the end of the day it’s still unquantifiably higher. For detailed verse explanations I get that it makes 100% good sense but practically it’s useless, I’d just say all profiles involved are x amount of degrees stronger than the originator of the scaling chain.

Back