• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Butters Brackets: Round 6 Po vs Brain of Cthulhu

I never claimed one shot Blue stop pulling stuff out of nowhere.The brain upscales to to the point that he still 2-3 shots. With his eyes, he will functionally one-two shot anyway since their is a ton of them and they will do massive damage to Po.

00potato said:
I never claimed one shot Blue stop pulling stuff out of nowhere.The brain upscales to to the point that he still 2-3 shots. With his eyes, he will functionally one-two shot anyway since their is a ton of them and they will do massive damage to Po.
plus he can shoot him if po contrain one debufs and this is expert mode he is 1.5 stronger

00potato said:
And 2-3 shots won't happen since he can Incap the eyes and is experienced/mobile enough to dodge most attacks

He doesn't 2 or 3 shot. Pos massive upscaling puts him way out of that choice. Even with a low ball of saying his strength doubled makes the AP advantage under 2.5 times difference. And considering Brain Upscaling some. At absolute best we could assume a 3-4 Times AP difference. Which isn't not at all two or three shotting. Regardless, If Brain gets that much stronger. He would be actually be eliminated. He breaks the rules

He is significantly less mobile through, the brain flies and teleports and he will have to incap while a giant brain is attacking him, dealing massive damage to him. That is unlikely at best.

Buttersamuri said:
He doesn't 2 or 3 shot. Pos massive upscaling puts him way out of that choice. Regardless,
If Brain gets that much stronger. He would be actually be eliminated. He breaks the rules
he also has a massive upscaling

he also has a massive upscaling

He does not massively upscale. He just upscales some. But not nearly enough to put them into two or three shot area.

He does massively upscale from the feat. The feat comes from the weakest boss moving. It goes 1.814 tons<<<Slime< EoC<BoC That isn't the longest scaling chain but it is still quite big.

1. Even if we assume they both massively upscales the same amount. Which I really don't agree with. He still doesn't two or three shot. Where they stand at is not close enough to one, two. Three. Or four shot. I'm not saying Po wins or loses. But he does not get 2 or 3 shot. Not close enough.

2. This round is over then via Disqualification. Brain should pass the AP limit by far if they massively upscales

Yes I have. 7.5 is a one shot area. Being 4.5 times stronger is hardly two to 3 shots. Your wrong here. That's downplaying the numbers. 5 times stronger doesnt even justify 3 shotting.

Buttersamuri said:
1. Even if we assume they both massively upscales the same amount. Which I really don't agree with. He still doesn't two or three shot. Where they stand at is not close enough to one, two. Three. Or four shot. I'm not saying Po wins or loses. But he does not get 2 or 3 shot. Not close enough.
2. This round is over then via Disqualification. Brain should pass the AP limit by far if they massively upscales
hes super high end 8C+

No. He still is disqualified. Massively upscaling from 1.8 Tons of tnt would put him past the limit of 2 Tons of tnt. Which is the limit

We can still keep this debate around right? This definitely decisive but not a stomp. How many votes were their for each?

00potato said:
Flight, a decent AP advantage, spamming smaller enemies that have only slightly weaker AP, and Illusions
Po spars daily with a flight user who actually has more than just melee range, and has fought several other flight users before (hell, one of his main antagonists abuses flight).

An AP gap of minimum 4.65x is a lot, yeah, but KFP2 Po's scaling chain is superior to BoC from what I can tell, considering that the 0.39 tons feat was done by a Tigress from before the (new) Furious Five even came to be, and Po regularly deals with enemies who can solo the entire Furious Five + Shifu. Still, scaling chains probably don't matter so much, I'd say a 4x gap is reasonable.

Is there any specific proof that these smaller enemies have only slightly weaker AP? I'm sure they're capable of damaging the Terrarian, but most fodder can do that in gameplay, whereas outside of gameplay they're nowhere near.

Po has dealt with illusions before, and for similar feats he's fought enemies with pseudo-duplication and beaten enemies while blind. But these will still work on him, naturally.

They are a part of the boss fight, so it wouldn't make sense if they weren't able to actually affect you when you fight the boss, both in gameplay and story.

Just because you have dealt with something before, doesn't mean that it can't be a factor in a fight if you don't counter or resist it, especially combined with the AP advantage and large swarm of tiny guys.

Also he can still teleport onto him and body him with the AP advantage+little guys.

Yeah Hero Chi Po Destroys pretty easily, but the Terrarian may be a decent fight after the revision. Though I would wait till after the revision, the feat isn't in contest, but we should just wait for the revision to conclude anyways.

The Brain of Cthulhu would be baseline.

"They are a part of the boss fight, so it wouldn't make sense if they weren't able to actually affect you when you fight the boss, both in gameplay and story."

A lot of bosses summon in fodder as part of the fight, doesn't make them anything more than fodder.

"Just because you have dealt with something before, doesn't mean that it can't be a factor in a fight if you don't counter or resist it, especially combined with the AP advantage and large swarm of tiny guys."

I acknowledged this, but it does help to have had already come up with strategies for these types of things.

The eyes aren't fodder, the Eye of Cthulu and king slime summon fodder enemies in their fights and they are vastly weaker and aren't required to kill the boss. Meanwhile the eyes around the Brain of Cthulhu can survive many of your attacks and make up 80% of the boss fight; there is no reason they shouldn't scale to the Brain because they're its main method of attacking.

I mean I'll probably lean towards Po winning because he could just take it slow and destroy it eye by eye with his superior skill, but he doesn't just plow through the eyes like nothing.

Back