• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Butters Brackets: Round 6 Po vs Brain of Cthulhu

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Livinmeme said:
Livinmeme said:
plus every boss should has madness
Unless it's passive it's not needed. Plus madness hax (unless it's type 3) is mind hax which Po resists
number one is possible and even is aded number two the madnes is tecnacly 5B posibly 4B
I don't get what youa re saying
sorry that he has not madnes (rigth now) and if he has madness the madness is 5-B Possibly 4-B

actually it looks like a tie right now

A tie? What do you mean? Did I miss a vote or something. Your the only ones I saw who officially voted

okay the brain has more hax things like intangibility invocation and ilusion AP and he can not be damaged untill every invocation has die who every one is comparable to PO and are like 50 of them

Livinmeme said:
okay the brain has more hax things like intangibility invocation and ilusion AP and he can not be damaged untill every invocation has die who every one is comparable to PO and are like 50 of them
1. Non Physical interaction

2. Po takes it out before it can chant

3. What I see of it's illusions is something po has learned to deal with before

4. More skilled, experienced, vertasile and the gap isn't even that big

5. Incap can work

Whiteoak019 said:
blind.........it doesn't have eyes
The Creepers are literally floating eyeballs. It's implied that the reason for the change from phase 1 to phase 2 is that, after you take out all 20-30 of them, BoC can no longer see without those eyeballs. That's when it decides to open itself up to expose the internal eyeball on the heart so it could see again. However, apparently this causes it to become tangible, a risk the brain apparently took so it could see again, and now's your chance to attack after exposing its heart and eye.

1. Non Physical interaction

2. Po takes it out before it can chant

3. What I see of it's illusions is something po has learned to deal with before

4. More skilled, experienced, vertasile and the gap isn't even that big

5. Incap can work

What type of NPI does Po have and where does it come from?

He can hit Ke Pa's intangible demons
Be more specific. What type of intang is this? Is it because they're ghost like? Or because they're rooted in another dimension? Or what?

WeeklyBattles said:
They're ghost like
Then Po cannot counter BoC's intang. The protagonist of Terraria has roughly the same type of NPI that Po has, being able to kill ghosts, phantoms, etc... However, there are bosses in the game such as BoC (in its first phase) that somehow cannot be damaged at all by the player, so they're considered intangible, despite the Terrarian having the NPI to damage ghost like enemies. How I interpret this is that these bosses have a "higher level" of intang that does not work the same as and is superior to ghost like intang, and so the Terrarian's NPI that normally counters ghost like enemies still cannot hurt these bosses. And like I said, Po apparently has roughly that same type of NPI as the Terrarian, so just like the Terrarian, his attacks cannot harm the Brain during the first phase.

I would put my vote on BoC for a number of reasons I can soon get into, but... There's an issue with how this thread is set up. OP did not specify a location, so it's off to Central Park for them. Therefore BoC just despawns the moment the battle begins, making the match unfair. It needs to be fought in an area called the "Crimson", otherwise it just won't work. Using the bloody spine item to summon the Brain will only work if the player is in the Crimson. The other method to summon it is breaking the Crimson hearts, which (canonically) can only be found within the Crimson's caves. If the player is within the Crimson and summons it through either of these canon methods, the player must stay in the Crimson if they actually wish to defeat it; if they lure the Brain to the edge of the Crimson, the moment they step out of the Crimson and the game recognizes them to be standing in another biome, the Brain despawns.

Maybe this is the part where I give a bit of lore and context. While in terms of gameplay, the Crimson is recognized as a "biome" in that, if you're nearby enough crimson blocks, the background and the background music changes, and you will begin to encounter Crimson-themed mobs. However, the real word definition of biome is "a large naturally occurring community of flora and fauna occupying a major habitat, e.g. forest or tundra". Story wise, the Crimson doesn't seem to be a biome... It's a parasite. To summarize, it's a giant organism latched onto the planet. When you set foot here, the soil underneath your feet... It's flesh. The crimstone caves... are orifices, though the dome like entrances seems like pimples on your world map. The trees drip with blood and the grass has eyeballs attached to it. And it consumes. Like the Corruption, it slowly spreads over your world. While they do roughly the same thing, these two demonic locations have a different context; the Corruption is a virus that slowly infects your world while the Crimson is a parasite that slowly eats your world. And the freakish enemies you encounter here? While they are able to roam around on their own and they're not connected to the ground, they're still "part" of the Crimson. All the living organisms that are consumed by the Crimson are simply part of a hive mind that serves to feed the parasitic land in which they now live. The Brain of Cthulhu seems to be the "queen" of this hive mind.

Crimson map
When you venture down the crimstone caves, the winding path makes the cave seem like some sort of blood vessel or tract of sorts. As you descend, you notice the strange white protrusions on the ceiling and floor. You realize they're spines or maybe other types bones. In that case, is the crimstone akin to some skeletal structure of the Crimson? When you make it to the bottom, the crimstone cave opens up into a large cavity that might be a cranium of sorts. It has several branching pathways. At the end of each one is a Crimson heart. Assuming these are the organs that support the life of the Crimson, you foolish smash some. After just three, you anger the hive mind and the Brain awakens to defend the body in which it lives.

Brain of cthulhu
The Brain of Cthulhu inside an underground cavity at the bottom of the crimstone caves

For a normal Terraria playthrough, for the gear you should have by the time you're ready to take on the Brain, it would be considered too difficult to flee back up the cave to the surface since it's a tight corridor where you'd have to tank the attacks to progress. However, if you do have the means to break through the crimstone (which you should if you're able to destroy the Crimson hearts), you can prepare a vertical tunnel ahead of time to lure the Brain (it is mobile) to the surface, or it can just be spawned on the surface in the first place if you use a bloody spine instead. In that case, it seems the Brain doesn't actually need to stay in the crimstone cavity, it can still survive at the surface or any location within the Crimson.

Brain of cthulhu 2
The Brain of Cthulhu above the surface of the Crimso

My point in explaining all of this is that this fight needs to be within the Crimson. While the Brain will technically be just fine anywhere within the Crimson, it seems implied that it normally resides within the cavities at the bottom of the crimstone caves, while that is where most players face it when they're finally ready to face it for the first time within their world. The fact that the Brain despawns the moment you leave the Crimson seems to imply that it cannot leave for some reason, that reason likely being that it needs to stay in the Crimson to survive. After all, it is a vital organ of the Crimson, and the Brain needs the Crimson to live (vice versa does not apply; the Crimson can continue to thrive even after you've broken all the hearts and killed the Brain several times).

All that being said, the Brain cannot fight in Central Park, New York City, unless the area is covered in enough Crimson, otherwise it will just despawn (or die) the moment the combatants are teleported there. The setting makes this unfair.

Bottom line, I cannot place my vote until OP changes the location to be anywhere in the Crimson, preferably in the crimstone caves.

Psychomaster35 said:
This is SBA, so this is in a NY Central Park at default.
Exactly. We can't have that here if we want a proper fight. If you want a summary, BoC cannot fight in NY Central Park, which would lead to an unfair stomp without Po even having to do anything. The OP needs to change the setting for this to be a more fair matchup.

BoC outside the Crimson is essentially a fish out of water.

Dude that doesn't really apply here.

BoC should still be able to fight. We don't consider that a weakness in his profile and it's likely just mechanics

^^^^^

Same reason Bill can fight without being restricted to gravity falls too. Doesn't have to happen there. So I'll take that vote for Brain since you specified you would vote for him if that wasn't an issue. Which it isn't

I'm voting for brain as well, by the way. I don't think Po has the equipment nor the experience nor the know how with how to fight the brain and if anything the sheer appearance of the brain will freak him out

I know. The last few matches got ziltch. Mostly cause they were clear cut. But Po vs A Brain is apparently debatable.

Flight, a decent AP advantage, spamming smaller enemies that have only slightly weaker AP, and Illusions

00potato said:
Flight, a decent AP advantage, spamming smaller enemies that have only slightly weaker AP, and Illusions
with decent is like 5 times and expert mode multiplcik that for 1.5 times

00potato said:
It is less then that since zoo scales a fair bit above his feat.
and he scales far above eye of chutullu who is far above king slime who can produce that energy with only moving

Back