• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bullet Hell Protags Have a Duel (Reimu vs. Suguri)

Touhou Project is a slow-paced vertical-scrolling fantasy shmup with an emphasis on focusing to slow down and weave through denser bullet patterns. SUGURI is a fast-paced side-scrolling sci-fi shmup with an emphasis on dashing to bypass the denser bullet patterns. In both cases, sci-fi and fantasy can be at conflict.

Battle is in the Border Space of Makai with no prep, speed equalized. Suguri is at 5-B, Reimu is in PC-98 form at 4-A riding on top of Genjii. The reason I use Suguri's first key is so I can save the second one for a potential rematch just in case.

During the long summer... Makai citizens were popping up everywhere. Some didn't end up in Gensokyo, but instead found their way to the outside world, a world that abandoned faith a long time ago in favor for a sky world of science and warfare. High in the skies above a grassy field, the world's defender dashed by magic bullets, tearing apart bakebake and fairies with ease...

Suguri: "What's with all these supernatural creatures coming here? I need to get to the bottom of this... I hope it's not another invasion."

Altered Defender of the World Suguri

She eventually came across a large black rift in the sky that fairies and phantoms were spilling out of. Her surroundings darkened as she proceeded...

Magical Space ~ Border Space

As she crossed the border to Makai, she was bombarded with what appeared to be violet magical fragments, which she easily locked onto and blasted away with her Beam Rifle. Several phantom-like enemies approached and launched some basic danmaku patterns, which she dashed through, quickly to slice the enemies with Sword Break.

???: "Hey you!"

Suguri: ?

Reimu: "I see you followed me through that portal. Can't help but notice you're using outsider weaponry."

Eternal Shrine Maiden Reimu

Suguri: "I... didn't follow you. Are you the one behind all these strange "magic" creatures invading the world?"

Reimu: "No!! Of course not!! I came here to put a stop to it and seal some demons!! What else do you think a shrine maiden would do at a time like this?!"

Suguri: "Move aside. I was altered to defend the world, and I won't just let someone else take my responsibility. And you're a shrine maiden? I can't believe you still believe in such things, it was all debunked by science millennia ago. I won't let some dated conspiracy theorist get in my way. Now please, I don't want to have to hurt you..."

Genjii: "Might I suggest you two just work together on this?"

Old Turtle of Wisdom Genjii

Reimu: "Shut up you senile old turtle! You'll see what happens when random heretics don't believe in Shintoism. You'll believe when you come face-to-face with my divine power, shorty!"

Suguri: "Shorty?! You're one to talk! And if you claim you're so powerful, then why do you rely on an altered turtle to fly?"

Reimu: "I'm still mastering my Hakurei powers!! I focused more on my danmaku rather than learning to fly! And what's your deal?! Some fancy weapons that rely only on science, a primitive force where energy and mass cannot be created nor destroyed?"

Suguri: "I've kept our planet safe for tens of thousands of years, longer than your very bloodline, thank you very much! These dangerous, high-output weapons have protected you from alien invasions! Now, I suggest you stay out of this, I don't want some random lunatic getting caught in the crossfire."

Reimu: "These Makai citizens are invading Gensokyo more than the outside world, so I have just as much responsibility to take action as you do!"

Suguri: "What's Gensokyo? An entire land full of people who actually believe in magic?"

Genjii: "You shouldn't have told her that, Mistress..."

Reimu: "Dangit. Not to mention all the ways to cross the border from Makai to there... I can't let you proceed! Last time some science freak heretic invaded Gensokyo, she threatened to take me as a specimen and destroy the planet with her 4th-Dimensional Positron Bomb. If you're so hellbent on protecting the planet, then why didn't you notice this event?"

Suguri: "I don't know... I've never been there. But it seems like a place that just doesn't fit in, I need to see it and its cultist inhabitants."

Reimu: "Oh no you don't, I can't take any risks. And misunderstanding outsiders aren't very welcome in the first place, especially if they're heretics. I set out to seal Makai, but now I have to face a much worse threat, and I have to stop it before it gets worse... I can't believe I'm also sort of defending Makai as well."

Reimu Hakurei: 0

Suguri: 0

Inconclusive Border of Science and Faith: 0

Reimu Hakurei PC98
Suguri

While time stop may work, the durabiity negation doesn´t seem to be a good enought wincon, as once the time stop is gone... she´s dead.

No, it´s not that it doesn´t work, but rather that the damage itself won´t really be reliable at all.

Back