• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Broly vs Goku (Remastered Version V2)

ÔÇïÔÇïSuper Saiyan Broly (Full Power) vs Son Goku (Mastered Ultra Instinct)

Speed Unequalized

"Come on! Broly!": (8) ProudLearner, Thespeedforce21, Ionliosite, JackJoyce, Zamasu Cha, Quibster, WarriorofMite, JooCipher

"Ka Ka Kachi Daze": (1) RagingInsomniac

Inconclusive:

Broly legendary ssj by andrewdragonball dctctj9-pre
Goku Ultra Instinct
ÔÇïÔÇïÔÇïÔÇï
ÔÇïÔÇïÔÇïÔÇïÔÇï

Note: I deleted the previous thread of Broly vs Goku, because that was a probably a stomp in favor of Broly via AP, ridiculous Reactive Power Level and because he beat Golden Frieza for a one hour, and this Frieza defeat Goku (3rd UI -S-) in another thread because of his far greater durability and probably higher AP.

I think Broly should take this even in FPSSJ form. Broly fought a fusion of Post-TOP Goku and Vegeta who both had zenkais and a month full of training. MUI Goku won't last long it will just prolong the inevitable defeat of MUI Goku. Look what happen to Jiren. He got pissed and unlock his hidden potential and was able to overpower MUI Goku for a short period. Broly potential can surpassed that even more; therefore, he should be able to defeat him.

My vote for Broly.

I'm going to have to go with Broly, MUI Goku can definately cause some trouble, but Broly is very well known to evolve as he fights - he went from being bested by God Vegeta to forcing both Goku and Vegeta to fuse within such a short of amount of time - which I'd say is a massive gap, and I think that he can hold him off long enough. Once that happens, UI will wear off of Goku and will give Broly a, well, far much easier time defeating him.

TL;DR - Broly wins.

I'd say MUI Goku takes this. While Broly is capable of pretty decent adaptability, that's only when he was given the chance to because the only reason Broly went from "meh he's fodder" to "yeah fusion is our only option" is because Vegeta was playing around too much by letting him adapt to SSJ and further more God Mode so by the time they went Blue, all Broly had to do was wait just a bit more and he'd adapt to them. MUI Goku isn't going to give Broly the same leniency to adapt to any of his attacks as seen by the fact that he consistently tries to beat Jiren as quick as possible. Furthermore, I don't see Broly as even coming close to as much of a threat as Jiren since Broly only handled Blue Vegeta and Blue Goku where as Jiren handled KK×20Blue Goku and EvolvedBlue Vegeta. Sure this is post ToP, I'm still not sure how long after though, and even then that'd be even more reason for Goku and Vegeta to use their evolved states of Super Saiyan Blue rather than just use Blue and then decide "Fusion is our only chance". Regardless, Broly's adaptability is irrelevant to someone who won't let him adapt at all, and MUI grants Goku essentially the ability to just know what to do with his body before even bothering to think about it, so Broly's attacks aren't hitting anytime soon and MUI Goku Kamehameha's Broly to death.

SSB Gogeta >> Broly (FPSS) > SSJ gogeta / MUI Goku / Jiren (Limit Breaker) / SSJ Broly > base gogeta > SSB Goku (post ToP zenkai + ? amount of training) / 3rd UI omen Goku

post ToP SSB goku is probably as strong as a 3rd UI omen Goku. The zenkai Goku received after he recovered from his first bout with Jiren allowed him to fight toe to toe with him later on (who was on par with UI omen goku) as a super saiyan blue, showing how big of a boost a zenkai is.

Paradisum said:
SSB Gogeta >> Broly (FPSS) > SSJ gogeta / MUI Goku / Jiren (Limit Breaker) / SSJ Broly > base gogeta > SSB Goku (post ToP zenkai + ? amount of training) / 3rd UI omen Goku

post ToP SSB goku is probably as strong as a 3rd UI omen Goku. The zenkai Goku received after he recovered from his first bout with Jiren allowed him to fight toe to toe with him later on (who was on par with UI omen goku) as a super saiyan blue, showing how big of a boost a zenkai is.
That's just speculation. He might be as strong as TOP SSB KKx20 at best. Also a casual Jiren was stomping SSB Goku. He had to use IT to avoid getting hit.

There's nothing to compare Jiren or MUI to Broly. Except we can assume SSB Gogeta is the strongest of the lot and he took 9 minutes to finish Broly. So MUI should take much longer (if he don't run out of the form). So Broly wins

That being said MUI also has Reactive power level (Goku was getting stronger and faster while fighting Jiren), can nullify energy attacks added with the instinctive reaction. It's the most OP thing in DB. There's a reason why Goku hasn't mastered it yet. He will win all fights on his own. It's likely reserved for some ridiculously powerful enemy in future

That 9 minutes is just cinematic timing. I doubt that fight was any longer than a minute in-universe, considering how 1 episode in ToP was sometimes 30-60 seconds long.

Given 129 said there was 1 minute and 30 seconds left and 130 said there was 30 seconds left means UI lasts for 1 minute (I know Goku didn't last untill the end of the episode transformed, but he also tapped into the form in the previous episode, so I think 1 minute sounds reasonable).

Yeah Broly destroys Goku. Goku has claimed that he was reaching his peak _until_ he met Broly. So it's possible that Goku believes Broly was even stronger than he was in the TOP.

With peak, he didn't mean UI tho.

I'm pretty sure that when he said that, he was talking about believing his base couldn't be stronger (and it clearly can) instead of believing Broly is stronger than him (despite he likely is).

AKM sama said:
With peak, he didn't mean UI tho.
Exactly. If Goku is naturally reaching his peak then that means he's gotten way stronger than he was in the ToP, and saying until he met Broly implies that Broly is the strongest person he's met, which would mean that Broly is stronger than ToP UI. I think a Broly saga UI would slap though but that doesn't exist.

That's really not what he means. Goku was just saying that he was motivated to see a saiyan like him who is that powerful. That doesn't mean Broly > UI in the ToP. It just means Broly is stronger than Goku's current maximum level of power.

Broly was able to take hits from SSB Gogeta. In MUI Goku's case, Broly probably wouldn't take as much damage. Also knowing how ridiculously tanky the LSSJ Form is in Super, Goku would probably get Krillin'd after trying to hit him.

Also, doesn't MUI have a limit? Not to mention the consequences that come with using this technique after a certain period of time?

To me, I think it's a race against time. Once MUI is used up, Goku is gonna get man-handled. Does Goku have knowledge of the effects that MUI has after a certain period?

Back