• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
0346-017.png

here ulquiorra states ichigo's getsuga tenshou is similar to an arrancars cero oscuras, and we know that a getsuga tenshou is a technique that amps power
0211-005.png
0211-015.png

here we see grimmjow casually catching ichigos sword with one hand
but when ichigo fires a getsuga grimmjow puts more effort into blocking it but fails and gets heavily wounded and leaves a permanent scar, supporting the idea that it amplifies ichigos powers
0346-012.png

here ulquiorra also confirms it by saying "thats when you are at your most lethal" and going as far as calling it "your ultimate technique"
now keep in mind the word technique
unknown.png

after ulquiorra says his getsuga is similar to a arrancars cero ichigo says not to compare it to something like that
in a manner that seems like he is looking down on the ceros and thinks his getsuga is superior a counter argument could be that ulquiorra was talking about their color however the way ichigo spoke disagrees with this and i already proved how it amps the users power and
0347-009.png
0347-010.png

when ulquiorra talks about appearance he only refers to ichigos physical looks "your appearance"
and he was talking about power when he talked about the getsuga being similar to the cero oscuras as here right after ulquiorra showed cero oscuras he trash talks ichigo and says no matter how similar his techniques are the difference between them is like heaven and hell and that its understandable for soul reapers to copy hollows for power further backing up the fact that he was talking about power
unknown.png

another counter argument could be that ichigo was in denial that he was using a hollow technique thus saying dont compare it to a cero
however in the first encounter with grimmjow he had acknowledged the fact that its his hollows technique so that cant be the case plus he was already using his hollow mask in the fight with ulquiorra

something else i want to bring up is that ichigo had already seen the gran rey cero and we know that from ulquiorras statement espada 1-4 can accidentally destroy las noches by just transforming, while other espadas can perform the same exact feat accidentally with a gran rey cero but cant with resurrection meaning gran rey cero > resurrection
so based on that and ichigos statement in terms of multipliers these would compare like this
resurrection(x5 multiplier as accepted)<gran rey cero<black getsuga tensho=<cero oscuras
and as cero oscuras increases the power by an order of magnitude that would be x10 so ichigos getsuga tensho should be at least x5 (superior to a gran rey cero which is above a resurrection thats at least x5) if not x10 as ulquiorra says they are similar

conclusion: It should be at least a x5 amp

Are u suggesting that because GT has been likened to a Cero Oscuras,it should receive a 5x multiplier?
not exactly
cero oscuras increases by an order of magnitude so it should be a x10
but i lowballed to x5 to be safe and scaled it above a gran rey cero instead as to why it can scale to at least x5 and superior to a gran rey cero i explained above

not exactly
cero oscuras increases by an order of magnitude so it should be a x10
but i lowballed to x5 to be safe and scaled it above a gran rey cero instead as to why it can scale to at least x5 and superior to a gran rey cero i explained above
I guess x5 multiplier seems fine.

I don't agree with applying a multiplier for this. I don't see how you can lowball a 10x multiplier for a different technique to a 5x multiplier for Ichigo's technique just because the Getsuga Tensho has been stated to be like a Cero.

Also, the increase in power for Ichigo's black Getsuga Tensho should already be covered by his Hollowfication mutliplier.

Hollowfication + Bankai = Black Getsuga Tensho

So this doesn't need to be a new multiplier.

Except when Ichigo uses the Black Getsuga it's even when he's just in Bankai and the Hollowfication increases that much further

I personally don't really have a problem with the x5

but I would advocate at least a "Higher" with Black Getsuga tenso as safer assumption.

either way.

But we already rate Ichigo's profile based on his strongest attacks normally, I would assume. So if anything this would be backscaling to find the value for weaker attacks from him.

I am 100% with Damage here, I don't think Getsuga Tensho being compared to a Cero Oscuras means that the attack has a multiplier, I always thought that Ulquiorra was just referring to both being black energy attacks powered by a hollow's power

Besides, Getsuga Tensho is Ichigo's Signature Attack and his go to move in every scenario, so it should be the thing we refer to with his Attack Potency Rating, I mean I always assumed we scale to the strongest power of a form, we don't scale characters to their suppressed or casual power in a form itself

I don't agree with applying a multiplier for this. I don't see how you can lowball a 10x multiplier for a different technique to a 5x multiplier for Ichigo's technique just because the Getsuga Tensho has been stated to be like a Cero.

Also, the increase in power for Ichigo's black Getsuga Tensho should already be covered by his Hollowfication mutliplier.

Hollowfication + Bankai = Black Getsuga Tensho

So this doesn't need to be a new multiplier.
sorry for replying late i was busy
so the reason i scaled it to at least x5 i thought it was obvious
it is due to how ichigo looked down on ceros and though his getsuga was superior and he had previously seen a gran rey cero and after his trash talk ulquiorra showed him his cero oscuras and replied with "so you havent seen it" due to ichigos trash talk meaning in that convo they were talking about ceros in general all included not just the normal ceros

to address ur second point of it being covered by his hollowfication
0342-010.png

this should make it clear

I am 100% with Damage here, I don't think Getsuga Tensho being compared to a Cero Oscuras means that the attack has a multiplier, I always thought that Ulquiorra was just referring to both being black energy attacks powered by a hollow's power

Besides, Getsuga Tensho is Ichigo's Signature Attack and his go to move in every scenario, so it should be the thing we refer to with his Attack Potency Rating, I mean I always assumed we scale to the strongest power of a form, we don't scale characters to their suppressed or casual power in a form itself
@DemonGodMitchAubin
unknown.png

i have proven above how it cant be due to the hollow nature as the way ichigo spoke with "dont compare it to something like that" disagrees with that interpretation and ichigo had previously acknowledged that fact that it is his hollows technique

But we already rate Ichigo's profile based on his strongest attacks normally, I would assume. So if anything this would be backscaling to find the value for weaker attacks from him.
i am not arguing to change the ratings if that is the case
just the at least x5 to get accepted

@Zoro21043; that doesn't necessarily disagree with it. Ichigo hasn't seen a Black Cero before.
yes but he has seen a gran rey cero
which is why i didnt scale to x10 and lowballed to x5
edit: oh you are implying that they were talking about the color?
i disagree ichigo wouldnt reply with "dont compare it to something like that" and trash talk if the case was color

You can't just assume multipliers... You have to have a lot of evidence and IIRC Gran Ray Cero isn't a 5x Amp

You can't just assume multipliers... You have to have a lot of evidence and IIRC Gran Ray Cero isn't a 5x Amp
@DemonGodMitchAubin
i am not assuming
resurrection is accepted as x5
espada 1-4 can accidentally destroy las noches by transforming
while espada 5-10 cant
however every espada can accidentally destroy las noches with a gran rey cero
so gran rey cero>resurrection

"espada 1-4 can accidentally destroy las noches by transforming"

Doesn't that just mean that the bare minimum power of Espada 1-4 who are just transforming are weaker than a Gran Rey Cero, wouldn't the Full Power of a Resurrected Espada be far stronger than the mere transformation itself

"espada 1-4 can accidentally destroy las noches by transforming"

Doesn't that just mean that the bare minimum power of Espada 1-4 who are just transforming are weaker than a Gran Rey Cero,
resurrection for 1-4 we wouldnt know if its weaker than a gran rey by lower espada as that is the same feat
wouldn't the Full Power of a Resurrected Espada be far stronger than the mere transformation itself
yes

The whole idea of "Espada 1 - 4 can destroy Las Noches by releasing" doesn't make any sense since Yammy, who is stronger than them, can release inside Las Noches without causing any damage at all.

The whole idea of "Espada 1 - 4 can destroy Las Noches by releasing" doesn't make any sense since Yammy, who is stronger than them, can release inside Las Noches without causing any damage at all.
i found that weird too
i guess its for the plot lol

It's possible that it isn't the release itself that he's referring to, but the Espada's in their released state are powerful enough to destroy Las Noches.

One of the weakest finishing moves in the history of manga and anime. People didn't even bother to dodge it.

If that were the case he could have released below the canopy and could have fought above it.
And yet his release above the canopy caused zero damage to his surroundings, and Yammy's release caused no damage inside the canopy.

Plus we see the release all the other top 3 Espada too, and their releases don't cause any environmental damage.

And yet his release above the canopy caused zero damage to his surroundings, and Yammy's release caused no damage inside the canopy.

Plus we see the release all the other top 3 Espada too, and their releases don't cause any environmental damage.
grimmjaw also used gran rey inside las noches and hallibels crew said
unknown.png

so resurrection and gran rey cero do have the potency but they can not cause the damage they can due to the user controlling
like ichigo in war is high 6A yet his getsuga against quincy girls didnt even destroy seiretei
or in dragon ball vegitos final kamehameha which is 3A didnt destroy a city

The Sokyoku is stated to be capable of destroying the SS more than once but caused 0 environmental damage.The instructions given to Espada 4 n below was to forbid them from releasing below the canopy.If they were forbidden from fighting below it then instructions should’ve been clearer.

@Zoro21043; to be honest, this just shows to me that the statements are inconsistent with the feats and pretty unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back