• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Mage of Light vs Giratina

The_Pink_God

She/Her
He is my favorite FF character
They are my favorite Pokémon
So a match it is
  • Speed Equal
  • 15 meters distance
  • Origin Forme Giratina (2-A) will be used
images

Vs
images

Black Mage of Light:
Giratina:
Inconclusive: 2

Last edited:
Isn't that just basically scaling?
I mean Giratina is powerful enough to rival Dialga and Palkia both so what gives?

Isn't that just basically scaling?
I mean Giratina is powerful enough to rival Dialga and Palkia both so what gives?
You're right. I edited the post.

And yes, it's scaling. If a character is baseline Multiversal and another is superior to them, then the superior character must be stronger.
To say exactly by how much is sort of mathematically impossible, so these AP advantages tend to be vague.

You're right. I edited the post.

And yes, it's scaling. If a character is baseline Multiversal and another is superior to them, then the superior character must be stronger.
To say exactly by how much is sort of mathematically impossible, so these AP advantages tend to be vague.
Well does that mean you choose BMoL?

Black Mage of Light barely has any character (idk about novel if they have character there at all)
so anything you could argue he would go for what he thinks is the strongest or fastest way to win
or you could argue him testing his attacks
I think the former is more likely since they barely ask questions when fighting and just go straight to beating things up

so probably the strongest magic if fighting against someone that is strong or big

Pretty sure that while is under Shadow Force, Black Mage simply can't hit it with its magic at all.

But yeah, I'd say incon FRA because of how much variables are there.

wait black mage resist BFR tho
I'm talking about CM1 and sealing which is Anti Matter based.

BFR resistance is debatable as not even Dialga can get out of there without Giratina's own portals.

Also how does the subjective reality work? Giratina already resists Void and RW hax.

If you don't resist subjective reality you can't resist its application even if you resist void manip rw or EE.
no crystal here so yeah he doesn't resist cm type 1

the BFR resistance is basically getting sent to the void of FF iirc
not sure about potency

If you don't resist subjective reality you can't resist its application even if you resist void manip rw or EE.
Uh? How does his SR work then.
the BFR resistance is basically getting sent to the void of FF iirc
not sure about potency
It's Giratina sending you out/in the Distortion World and without Giratina's portals you can't do anything about it, not even Palkia despite being linked with space and dimensions.

Nope. Doesn't matter how an ability comes about; science, Law Manipulation, Subjective Reality, plain magic with no other explanation, if you resist the ability then you resist the application of that ability no matter how it's brought about.

It only matters if its a smurf ability beyond their level of Resistance, has potency that exceeds their Resistance Layers, or is something like Existence Erasure of their Concept when their Resistance only has feats of dealing with Existence Erasure of their body.

What Glass said was a false equivalency, they went "well if I resist Matter Manipulation, Mental Attacks, and Soul Attacks that doesn't mean I resist Existence Erasure." And while this is true it does not mean anything when we are talking about if Resistance from Existence Erasure from some sort of scientific machine also protects against Existence Erasure from Subjective Reality.

As Matter Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, and Mind Manipulation are all distinct from Existence Erasure even if combining them create an affect that reasonable Existence Erasure. Meanwhile this is just the same Ability from different sources.

The 2-A scaling chain is Lake Trio<Space-Time Duo<Giratina. While Giratina is in a trio with them and is around their strength, Giratina is normally shown as their superior in strength and at times able to battle, and often win, against both at once.

Able to seal them both away in the Manga, in an Anime special he managed to hold his own and break the Red Chain off them both, and in the Game they both fled when he appeared in Platinum.

Last edited:
The 2-A scaling chain is Lake Trio<Space-Time Duo<Giratina. While Giratina is in a trio with them and is around their strength, Giratina is normally shown as their superior in strength and at times able to battle, and sometimes win, against both at once.
I mean, an example is in Generations where Giratina breaks the chains which were holding both Dialga and Palkia, with the latter two being unable to break these.

The 2-A scaling chain is Lake Trio<Space-Time Duo<Giratina. While Giratina is in a trio with them and is around their strength, Giratina is normally shown as their superior in strength and at times able to battle, and often win, against both at once.
Somehow I forgot the lake trio existed, lol.

Back