• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Knight: Curse of The Ebony Blade upgrades

If you're reading the ongoing Black Knight run by Simon Spurrier, you may have realized it. After his encounter with Knull, Dane unlocked the true power of the Ebony Blade. It turned out that Merlin lied. The blade actually feeds on the wielder's negative emotions. The blade gave him new powers

Energy Projection-

Flight and Armor Manifestation-

Regeneration (Mid, needs someone else's blood)-

Also it was shown that Sir Percy defeated a younger Thor

I think we should add a separate key for Ebony Blade with its full potential at 4-B

Last edited:
Looks fine ig, don't know the point in separate key, just add a "at full potential" in the P&A section, it's still 4-B

Did you do it without the thread?

I'm not accepting an entire damn key for the same ratings any day.

ooof this new retcon hurts

P&A seems fine, but yeah, defeating Young Thor should only be 5A at max.

Btw, does this mean he is going to lose his 4B rating?

No, his 4-B comes off busting Kang's forcefields and being equal to adamantium claws.

They don't have antifeats I think, so I don't think it'll get removed anytime soon

Actually, on second thought, I have two questions.
First... I don't think that is armour manifestation. His clothes/armour is pretty much the same as the previous panels and it seems more like he got a coating of darkness/dark energy. Unless I missed something.
Second... What ability does armour manifestation comes under?

Yeah, this looks fine, the armor thibg is just cloth manipulation as said.

And that blast he made with the sword in the first panel looks neat, might yield something itself.

So should he be straight 4-B, or be given a variable 5-A to 4-B rating?

I don't think the blade has any antifeats of not slicing through a mid-level 4-B or breaking to 4-B hits in the first place, unless someone can find them.

So currently the straight 4-B just stays I think

Hmm. It looks weird with a straight 4-B Black Knight and a usually 5-A Sentry and Thor, for example.

I mean Black Knight is actually a straight 8-C with just a really powerful sword, which is what je is treated like in the comics.

Admittedly the 5-A Sentry always looked weird imo

That's because at his weakest (mentally/emotionally), he is comparable to 5As of Marvel and even has been harmed by some.

So what should we do here? Giving him 4-B statistics all over seems weird to me. Shouldn't it be the sword's striking strength/attack potency only?

Unless Kang shields or Adamantium has anti feats, we could rate him "Up to 4B with the Ebony Blade". We can leave out the 5A part as it seems unnecessary imo.

Okay. It is just that an extra statistics key where he is at least comparable to Thor in all statistics seems very exaggerated to me.

Back