• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover: Lifting Strength Scaling CRT Part 2

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Welp, here's another Black Clover CRT about lifting strength, this one being the result of a newly accepted calc for Vanessa. I'm here to discuss who this would scale to, and honestly, it's pretty simple.

On the Black Clover Wiki, most characters have officially stated guidebook statistics compiled onto their profiles, as the guidebooks themselves aren't easily accessible. Vanessa's statistics show that her physical strength is a 2/5, so the natural course of action would be to scale anyone that is a 2/5 or higher to her feat (unless they already have a rating).

The thing is... That's quite literally almost everyone that has a profile on VS Battles Wiki, the only exception being those that lack guidebook statements. There's no issue with this, in fact it means that most will have concrete Lifting Strength values.

Anyways, I'd like to hear you guys' thoughts on this. It seems like a valid thing to use.

On the Black Clover Wiki, most characters have officially stated guidebook statistics compiled onto their profiles, as the guidebooks themselves aren't easily accessible. Vanessa's statistics show that her physical strength is a 2/5, so the natural course of action would be to scale anyone that is a 2/5 or higher to her feat (unless they already have a rating).

Is there anything backing up those numbers as being valid for everyone?

At what point were those numbers released? Do we know if those are still valid for when she performed the feat?

Is there anything backing up those numbers as being valid for everyone?

At what point were those numbers released? Do we know if those are still valid for when she performed the feat?
I haven't checked when they were released, but it's irrelevant as Vanessa's physical strength is the exact same throughout the series. She never gets physically stronger, only training her magic power (and there doesn't seem to be a connection between magic power and lifting strength, so a boost in magic power wouldn't mean a boost in lifting strength)

Bumping this again, but I think we have enough agreements to warrant this being accepted

I think since this is a lifting strength CRT, we should also address the recent chapters. There are some characters that can move under Lucifero's gravity without any assistance:

Devil Union Asta (though he's already Class T), Post-Second Grimoire Spirit Dive Yuno, Equus Mode Nacht, and Hellfire Incarnate Mereoleona. They should all be Class T, along with Devil's Bargain Zenon for physically clashing with Yuno.

Base Asta should downscale from Devil Union as he was able to withstand Half-Manifested Lucifero's Gravity

Eh, I think it should be a possibly. He was mainly holding onto his sword to stay up

Yes, and gravity helps keep Devil Union down. Scan itself is mentioning about Lucifero's presence and then clearly shows the effect of gravity on Asta

It's not all a consciousness

20220210_195704.jpg

he is seriously questioning it LMAO i recommend you reading that whole chapter without skipping shit and come back here again

By the way, if we are assuming that Base Asta is class T this creates inconsistencies in the narrative, because we would be assuming that he is physically stronger than captains at their peaks

Asta will also become stronger than Natch's strength union, since he needed the armor to stay close to Lucifero. Base Asta > Natch's Union is obviously wrong, based on this scene

Yami needed to nullify Lucifero's aura to lift (Another time)

Also, the Class T feat comes from something so massive that even Lilith/Naamah didn't expect it was possible to reflect his attack

So yeah, I will continue to disagree

Last edited:
I'm not saying Base Asta > Equus Mode Nacht, I have no idea where you got that from. Quite the opposite, since Asta would be downscaling. In addition, nothing goes against the idea of Asta's physical strength being above most of the captains. We know within the narrative itself that physical strength doesn't correlate with magic power.

I'm not saying Base Asta > Equus Mode Nacht, I have no idea where you got that from.
An almost dead Base Asta fighting against Lucifero's presence and keep up with Natch not being a PIS/Outlier basically is almost saying that Base Asta at his best is above
Quite the opposite, since Asta would be downscaling
The mere idea of him being comparable is already a problem
nothing goes against the idea of Asta's physical strength being above most of the captains.
You know, magic can be applied fiscally. So that would be like saying that Asta at the base has a strength that surpasses the magic power of any captain

You would also be saying that a basic Natch spell is above the captains

By the way, if we are assuming that Base Asta is class T this creates inconsistencies in the narrative, because we would be assuming that he is physically stronger than captains at their peaks
Pre-Timeskip Asta has always been above captains except Yami, I don't know why him standing up while the captains can't would create an inconsistency
Asta will also become stronger than Natch's strength union, since he needed the armor to stay close to Lucifero. Base Asta > Natch's Union is obviously wrong, based on this scene
You are taking a scene of Asta before his training btw.
Again, Asta had 3 days of training while Yami didn't
I don't see how that would invalidate Base Asta downscaling from Devil Union tbh, especially coming from Lilith who underestimates humans.

Lilith didn't even say it was impossible to reflect her attack, merely that Asta would be the only person to survive

An almost dead Base Asta fighting against Lucifero's presence and keep up with Natch not being a PIS/Outlier basically is almost saying that Base Asta at his best is above
We are talking about Lifting Strength here. Just because Asta is above Equus mode Nacht in Lifting Strength does not mean he's above him in AP
The mere idea of him being comparable is already a problem
While there's an obvious gap in Power, nothing suggest that said gap also applies for his LS.
You know, magic can be applied fiscally. So that would be like saying that Asta at the base has a strength that surpasses the magic power of any captain
And why is it surprising? Vetto, aka the third strongest character physically before the Timeskip needed reinforcement magic to outmatch Asta.

Also feats speak for themselves, Asta managed to hold on to the pressure, while all of the captains got crushed. They even acknowledge the fact they wouldn't stand a chance without Rill's invincibility spell.

Cherry on the cake, you even have Jack being pinned down by 50% Dante's Gravity
Again, that's Asta before his training. At the time, even 50% Dante's Gravity would have killed him if Rouge didn't save him

Last edited:
Pre-Timeskip Asta has always been above captains except Yami, I don't know why him standing up while the captains can't would create an inconsistency
Which is wrong. Captains can use their magic to increase physical strength, as is accepted in the profiles. Saying that Base Asta in his base has a higher LS than a captain is the same as saying that he exceeds everyone's magic strength even without anti magic; And yet Yami also needs to nullify Lucifero's gravity to at least be able to move against him. So yeah, that seems strange to me
You are taking a scene of Asta before his training btw.
Asta's training is not to increase his strength on a gigantic scale, but to learn how to use the Devil Union. To think of the possibility that Asta could increase his LS by more than ten million times merely by practicing a transformation is an absurd assumption, and you know it. This is above any accelerated development Asta has ever shown and is completely inconsistent with the character. Hell, even when Asta only trains the body he doesn't evolve that much, and when he trains a technique he evolves more LS than any of his strength training?
Again, Asta had 3 days of training while Yami didn't
And? Yami managed to stop a punch from Lucifero, it is not impossible to believe that he did his classic "Surpass your limits!"
I don't see how that would invalidate Base Asta downscaling from Devil Union tbh, especially coming from Lilith who underestimates humans.
If you believe that Base Asta is somewhat comparable to Lilith/Naamah's stronger attack which is massively above Natch in any of his forms then you simply need to improve your common sense
We are talking about Lifting Strength here. Just because Asta is above Equus mode Nacht in Lifting Strength does not mean he's above him in AP
Yes, I am talking about LS not AP. Where did you get AP from?

Last edited:
I hate when people add important things after they post the comment

Asta managed to hold on to the pressure, while all of the captains got crushed. They even acknowledge the fact they wouldn't stand a chance without Rill's invincibility spell.
The links don't work but I'm going to assume that the scenes are this and this

Well, it's simple: The captains were on the verge of death, Asta was not
We don't even know how strong Jack was in this scene

Back