• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Blood vs Root of Calamity

F91PMRc.jpg
vs
xOkP6Lo.png

Speed equalized, Crona during the DWMA invasion is used

Black Blood Screamer (at least 234.28 Tons of TNT):

Root of Calamity (550 Tons of TNT): 2

FIGHT!!

(BTW, even though there is a 2.34761823x difference, I think they might be equal since Crona was stomping Maka at the time leading her to rely on Soul's Black Blood to be able to fight)

Last edited:
Crona's 8-A value comes from their own feat, not from scaling to Maka. Crona's can increase their durability to basically no sell bladed attacks from people comparable to them. Which is the issue Maka had in the first place, along with the vibrating blade increasing their cutting ability.

However this shouldn't let them block attacks safely from 550 Tons AP, and can be increased with the Root of Calamity.

Crona is a weird fighter, like the profile says they usually take a lot of hits. Not good against someone who can hurt them, and can increase her own power with the Root of Calamity. Also Unknown vs Class K lifting strength is in Murasaki's favor. If they ever clash she'll be able to push Crona away with ease.

Crona's black blood will be tricky though, since every cut they get will give them more weapons to work with. Their blood suddenly springing up and turning into spikes to impale her. Along with regeneration helping to close up a lot of their wounds as well.

However Crona does have a limit to how much damage they can take. After enough hits Crona and Ragnarok can end up going under rejection where Crona's blood starts to go crazy. Since beginning of series Crona and Ragnarok aren't exactly the best partners. If this happens the fight is just over.

The biggest worry will be the blood attacking from all around, that is the most tricky part of Crona's attacks. Since every hit that draws blood will give them more weapons, or Crona can cut themselves to draw out more blood for attacks as well. However Murasaki has multiple moves using the Root of Calamity that attack omni-directionally around herself. So being surrounding by blood needles can be blown away with a large scream.

Murasaki will be landing more hits, and Crona will be out of it and likely getting Ragnarok angry with them. The two lack of synergy and Crona's absentmindedness gives a lot of chances for an opponent to land lots of hits. So I'll give my vote for Murasaki for now, but I admit my knowledge on Crona is very lacking.

Haven't seen Soul Eater in a long time.

Back