• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bill Abilities Reasoning/Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so this is pretty simple, about a month ago on this thread, Eficiente brought up the point that several of Bill's powers were lacking justifications and possibly needed to be removed, but this was never applied, so this thread is to decide if we should go forward with removing these or find justifications for them. I'll quote Eficiente here so we know what is being discussed.

Eficiente said:
As the topic of Bill's profile being controversial was brought I will point out the stuff that either needs evidence or should be removed.

Chaos manipulation is because he has been described as the god of chaos.

Illusion creation is shown in the Mindscape where he was able to create a slot machine, a head that's always screaming, etc.. It's shown consistently in Bill's second appearance

Removing the laws and restrictions of the universe isn't really a poetic statement, as he has mentioned doing such a thing before in a non-poetic way. This was the link for Law Manipulation, Physics Manipulation, and Causality Manipulation before but it has been taken down for some reason. One question I have is the scan for Power Nullification, what evidence is there for it?

Ignoring how that's just some dude saying that, if it was a legit position Bill had it would just add him the "Gods" category and a "Chaos God" being written in his classifications, nothing more. It's just a title, it being a power too with not evidence is dogmatic.

Illusion creation in the Mindscape cannot be Illusion creation but Dream Manio(/Mind manip), as that's what the Mindscape is, a dream.

>"Removing the laws and restrictions of the universe isn't really a poetic statement, as he has mentioned doing such a thing before in a non-poetic way"

No man, it is a poetic statement and the time he said it in a non-poetic way is the one non-poetic and what the profile should show.

Bill Cipher's Mindscape form is a mere projection of himself in the Nightmare Realm, so nothing suggests that Bill doesn't have those abilities outside of the Nightmare Realm. But yeah, I agree with the poetic part.

Well, not really, there is no reason to think that what he could do the same in dreams and in reality as the mechanics of messing with both things are not the same. He still can do everything he could before but all that just applies to dreams.

Also the names of the Keys are quite misleading

• "Full Power" is good, it should be called Physical Form or 3-Dimensional Form.
  • "Before "Liberation"" is bad, the one thing he liberated was his 2D universe. We don't know how strong he was before it (same tier, sure, but none of the powers he has). We do know how strong and what he can do after destroying his universe but before getting a 3D body...yet he has some powers from after that happened? What?

Eficiente said:
Well, not really, there is no reason to think that what he could do the same in dreams and in reality as the mechanics of messing with both things are not the same. He still can do everything he could before but all that just applies to dreams.
Also the names of the Keys are quite misleading

• "Full Power" is good, it should be called Physical Form or 3-Dimensional Form.
  • "Before "Liberation"" is bad, the one thing he liberated was his 2D universe. We don't know how strong he was before it (same tier, sure, but none of the powers he has). We do know how strong and what he can do after destroying his universe but before getting a 3D body...yet he has some powers from after that happened? What?
He has like Fire manipulation because he burnt down the second dimension, and the keys should be: "Pre-Liberation | Dreamscape | Physical Form"

It seems a little weird to just have a key of him with only Fire Manip, seems like a good way to match abuse.

That's the thing, we don't know if he has Fire Manip before the part of his life where we know he burnt something, he would be just some 2D being with nothing. Pre-Liberation should not be a key, even if it could be, we also don't even know if he got power over time or he was just always that powerful.

@Eficiente

What do you think that we should do here?

• Remove the stuff mentioned in the OP.
  • Change his keys to "Mindscape | Physical Form".
  • Move some of the things he has in his first key to his second key.
I can do all that as of now, I would need his profile unlocked; Bill Cipher.

Done, and I will point out somethings I did unrelated to this thread

• The 2 images in top of his profile were moved at his gallery, the first is just one of the many forms he can take (the 6-arm black pyramid was way better) and the second image was a one time thing for him.
  • The Varies is something big yet obvious, he may or may not be 11-A/unable to do anything at all to the real world, but that's not the case when he's possessing a target, which in turn doesn't mean he gains his physical form/second key powers.
  • The separation in his P&A makes everything more clear, he had a resistance, then powers he could do via deals and before that powers he could only use inside a dream or a mind fixed in that key to the second one.

That seems fine. I will lock the profile.

Is there anything left to do here?

No but I guess it can be left open for a while to see if anyone has anything (important) to say. I wouldn't mind its closing tho.

Yo can we ******' remove the "time dodge" justification for him time manip.

That's just Blendin' using future lingo. They add the word 'time' in-front of everything. (Time Police, Time Dangit, etc.)

It's just "I gotta get out of dodge" to "I gotta get out of time dodge."

...How do you not get that? "I gotta get out of dodge" is among the most basic "oh, shit, let's get out of here" phrases that exist.

There is no hole, just fire around where he is when he phases through the floor. If the floor was changed in that place then it would be Portal Creation, but it was still the same.

Eficiente said:
I don't get it, what does "I gotta get out of dodge" mean?
Get out of dodge means "I gotta get the **** out of here because this place is dangerous."

Aside from the power, grammar fixes and adding evidence from a respect thread.

Okay. I will unlock the page. Tell me here when you are done.

@Ant Done. And I'm guessing this thread can be closed now? I'm doing that myself after seeing Bill's profile locked.

Okay. Thanks. I will lock the profile and close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back