• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big Chungus CRT -> Calc check, scaling and Mid-High Regen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have blocked my YouTube access.

Has Chungus appeared in the regular cartoons now?

Ah. Then we cannot use that.

Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?
As said before...
Wouldn't that mean that the High 4-C stuff happened before in this continuity regardless, which would then lead into Big Chungus being scalable to High 4-C by upscaling from Bugs Bunny?
To which you replied...
That's from a composite continuity with a few very questionable feats due to the size of stars and other celestial bodies being smaller in this cartoon.
And from there FIreId has brought up how they seem to fit, however, input from Ryukama over how to take Toon Force based feats may be best first.
We can use the feats of the cartoons as it seems it's fine regardless as the feats simply happened in this continuity as well out of the statements given over its canon.

As said before...

To which you replied...

And from there FIreId has brought up how they seem to fit, however, input from Ryukama over how to take Toon Force based feats may be best first.
We can use the feats of the cartoons as it seems it's fine regardless as the feats simply happened in this continuity as well out of the statements given over its canon.
No, there is no direct canonicity of Toon Force, other than media statements we have debunked. Big Chungus debuted in no episodes, and the meme was made off a disguise Bugs Bunny made. WB themselves have not confirmed this, and until then, the game is it's own.

And by "we", you mean just yourself from what I can see, and even then, can you quote the debunk?

Big Chungus not being featured on the "main canon" is irrelevant when the statements given from the developers of LN WoM state that the events of the cartoons have happened within this continuity, if we are going to just take them as separate canons.

And by "we", you mean just yourself from what I can see, and even then, can you quote the debunk?

Big Chungus not being featured on the "main canon" is irrelevant when the statements given from the developers of LN WoM state that the events of the cartoons have happened within this continuity, if we are going to just take them as separate canons.
By "we", I mean me and Antvasima which should've been obvious.

So, you admit that Chungus is not featured in mainline canon, is not confirmed to be canon by WB, Toon Wars is not confirmed to be canon by WB, but one of the lead delepors did say on a discord DM that it was canon. Again, I shall repeat my point. When WB shows it to be canon, it is canon. These people are not WB, WB is WB.

Eh, fine I guess.

No, I'm not admitting that, I'm saying that assuming we dismiss the statements from the developers out of lacking the "authority" to confirm it being canon to the cartoons.

Per what Eficiente said:
They saying it's the same canon can go as in the game itself having its past being pretty much the same w/o the cartoons having the games as canon. That's always done in anything from games to comics and it doesn't do much.

The canons from everything should be put on a page or blog and from there threads should be made to change things up.

I can't help much aside from saying this.
Meaning that even if we don't take them as canon to the cartoons, that doesn't disqualify the cartoons being events that happened within this continuity.

This differs from the one above as said something that is directly not shown or referenced by the game or WB themselves, and as such cannot be used.
What's Toon Wars? Is it from Replica Wars?

So the word of a consultant from WB doesn't count either

Mario has a loose can because being compared to "old cartoon/comic characters" being "a troupe of actors", so feats from games outside the mainline one get used as long as they have references to those in the mainline ones. LT has a simular case as there isn't that much continuity in it and the idea of them being actors has been shown in both old and new media. The game supports this idea as some super moves show the characters in stage with props and what not.
ugLtCWEnnLgbCHmxIW70aSNtiiMavM7nXMhUS6ctwdzCIAfFnROBmditAiH9Zkqiz9UIAvjdxyUK=s0
ZmCzEgv1NPe5ufk_-EhsOULBZvqlxrXubiGsULKTJBLgpXVEQe_dtZ9but3TWYzBIeqdcEDB3g-jC8PxF2MSBUWrzVqhN-u2zR0b2d5Tkw98IRUVKinbPGmVCEHyaLC0u6x8ca4Wqw=s1600

What's Toon Wars? Is it from Replica Wars?

So the word of a consultant from WB doesn't count either

Mario has a loose can because being compared to "old cartoon/comic characters" being "a troupe of actors", so feats from games outside the mainline one get used as long as they have references to those in the mainline ones. LT has a simular case as there isn't that much continuity in it and the idea of them being actors has been shown in both old and new media. The game supports this idea as some super moves show the characters in stage with props and what not.
ugLtCWEnnLgbCHmxIW70aSNtiiMavM7nXMhUS6ctwdzCIAfFnROBmditAiH9Zkqiz9UIAvjdxyUK=s0
ZmCzEgv1NPe5ufk_-EhsOULBZvqlxrXubiGsULKTJBLgpXVEQe_dtZ9but3TWYzBIeqdcEDB3g-jC8PxF2MSBUWrzVqhN-u2zR0b2d5Tkw98IRUVKinbPGmVCEHyaLC0u6x8ca4Wqw=s1600
Mario part is a false equivalency. It also serves no purpose.

And the arguments of Looney Tunes not having the best canon city, the toones being actors, and special attacks having stages in them like said actors is just pure mental gymnastics. In no way do those correlate to making this canon. Again, they are inspired from Looney Tunes, but not Looney Tunes canon (until confirmed). Loose canonicity means nothing here, WB has not confirmed the game to be canon.

That's exactly right. A discord message from a WB consultant means nothing. They are there to consult WB so that the game goes how they want it. They are not WB, but loosely WB affiliated. As such, there statements are not WoG statements.

InfiniteDay makes sense to me, but it depends on what other staff members think.

@InfiniteDay
That comparison was made by the site linked in the 1st note of Mario's page. The Paper Mario series got to be used because of connections from other games.

OK, if you say so.

Not that it changes anything but the consulant was the guy from 2nd video interview, not Discord

@InfiniteDay
That comparison was made by the site linked in the 1st note of Mario's page. The Paper Mario series got to be used because of connections from other games.

OK, if you say so.

Not that it changes anything but the consulant was the guy from 2nd video interview, not Discord
Doesn't really change anything, but it seems at least Mid-high regen is accepted.

Can somebody summarise what you want to do here, other than scale Chungus from composite Bugs?

What is the evidence for his regeneration level?

The Mid-High Regeneration was well accepted
The calc to 9-A was also accepted, but not to scale to regular stats
The canonicity stuff was rejected as everyone is being decomposited anyways

In other words, only the Mid-High Regeneration and the 9-A stuff were added.

The Mid-High Regeneration was well accepted
The calc to 9-A was also accepted, but not to scale to regular stats
The canonicity stuff was rejected as everyone is being decomposited anyways

In other words, only the Mid-High Regeneration and the 9-A stuff were added.
Thanks, this thread can be closed then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back