• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beyond-Dimensional Existence & Lifting Strength Revision Recruitement & Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
In this thread, we have finally concluded how we will revise the Lifting Strength and Beyond Dimensional Existence page after the tiering revision.

1. The conclusions are that "Irrelevant", as a Lifting Strength ranking, will be removed. That means that all profiles listing Irrelevant Lifting Strength need to have that ranking replaced with "Immeasurable".
2. The Beyond Dimensional Existence page gets changed to

Introduction​

Beyond-Dimensional Existence on this wiki refers to the state of being of characters who exist outside, and are independent of, space and its dimensions. This is different from zero-dimensionality in that a zero dimensional thing is still spatial in nature, but simply lacks more than zero extension in any dimension.

Types​

Type 1: Characters whose nature is defined by lacking spatiotemporal features without necessarily being superior to any of them. As a result they aren't limited to existing within spatiotemporal realms and are often unaffected by spatial manipulation and time manipulation or can at least defend against it by leaving spacetime at will. They are usually Acausal (Type 1) as a result of being outside of regular time.

Type 2: Characters whose nature is defined by lacking spatiotemporal features and being superior to them in nature. These characters aren't necessarily superior to spacetime on every level, but just within the scope which they are shown. Due to transcending this spacetime they are immune to spatial manipulation and time manipulation of it. They furthermore inherit any benefits of Type 1.
What is currently Type 0 on pages needs to be changed to Type 1.
What is currently Type 1, 2 or 3 on pages needs to be changed to Type 2.

For the Lifting Strength page we will need to go through all Tier 1 profiles (And Tier 0, but I can manage that much). In the process, we can also cover the vast majority of all BDE pages.

As we are dealing with locked Tier 1 pages, we need people that can edit them to make the changes. So the Content Moderators, Administrators and Bureaucrats are up for this one.
If you are willing to help out, please say so. Once we have recruited enough people I will tell everyone which pages they should take care of. (equally dividing the workload)
If you don't have much time, but still wish to help out, you can also just say how many pages you want to do and I will assign you that many once we start.

Please don't start editing right now, but wait until things are organized. That's when the pages themselves will also be edited so that everything stays consistent and we don't miss anything.
Any questions?

Guess I can help out.
don't even know what Irrelevant and Immeasurable lifting strength MEANS, and I try my hardest to stay away from stuff above tier 3
  • Infinite = Can lift a infinite 3-D Cube
  • Immeasurable = Can lift an object of universal or comparable size that has other geometric dimensions besides length, width and height (like lifting a multiverse since that includes a 4th axis)
  • Irrelevant = Deleted

Do we really need to replace them with immeasurable? I understand because after certain tiers/Dimensions asking this question becomes somewhat irrelevant, but why don't we just put it at unknown instead of slapping immeasurable on it if they have no feats?

Yeah I was going to mention that. If the profile doesn't have something like Asmoedus with a feat probably better to leave it as unknown for the time being.

Guess I can help out.

• Infinite = Can lift a infinite 3-D Cube
  • Immeasurable = Can lift an object of universal or comparable size that has other geometric dimensions besides length, width and height (like lifting a multiverse since that includes a 4th axis)
  • Irrelevant = Deleted
Thanks

Do we really need to replace them with immeasurable? I understand because after certain tiers/Dimensions asking this question becomes somewhat irrelevant, but why don't we just put it at unknown instead of slapping immeasurable on it if they have no feats?
Yeah I was going to mention that. If the profile doesn't have something like Asmoedus with a feat probably better to leave it as unknown for the time being.
Profiles that have a justification or are Immeasurable in other keys should just get the rating in any case.

If a profile has Irrelevant Lifting Strength by current standards, then it should have be able to lift something on a (formerly) 1-A scale (like their own arms). As such they should be (high-grade) Immeasurable in LS after the revision, assuming their original ranking was justified.
So I personally think that it's fine to give them the benefit of the doubt in general.
If something looks really suspicious one can just note the character down and we can debate whether the rating should be removed after the mass editing.

Yeah this is drastically out of my expertise. I don't even know what Irrelevant and Immeasurable lifting strength MEANS, and I try my hardest to stay away from stuff above tier 3
Agreed. Hop has also made it clear in the past to stop including Hop on these matters, and again asks for you to respect that. @Antvasima
If other staff feel the same, despite our position, it is a waste of our time. Hop would have to learn far above what he chooses to comprehend and involve in just to have a point of discussion worth anyone's time. It would be like asking for input on a verse Hop is not acquainted with. Hop begs you to remember this.

Well, we need help with applying these revisions. The decisions have already been made after over a year of arguments back and forth.

I must be able to ask our staff for help with applying important wiki revision projects.

Alright, that makes Colonel_Krukov, Qawsedf234, Elizhaa and myself until now. That's 4 which would make it 271 pages for each to check through.
Still a little much. Hope to get a few more to join in.
Wouldn't they only qualify if they have stuff like beyond dimensional size of stuff similar to that?
Immeasurable lifting strength starts at anything beyond regular infinite strength. So not necessarily, no. Even many 2-B characters have it.

Immeasurable lifting strength starts at anything beyond regular infinite strength
I was referring this comment
If a profile has Irrelevant Lifting Strength by current standards, then it should have be able to lift something on a (formerly) 1-A scale (like their own arms).
If someone doesn't have higher dimensional sizes they would not qualify for Immeasurable for the same reason a 3-D being with High 1-B powers wouldn't automatically be immune to someone like Professor X just mentally shutting them down.

If someone doesn't have higher dimensional sizes they would not qualify for Immeasurable for the same reason a 3-D being with High 1-B powers wouldn't automatically be immune to someone like Professor X just mentally shutting them down.
Oh yeah, that's true. When I said "like their own arm" that wasn't meant to be a universal statement, just an example, as most of those 1-A beings probably exist on all kinds of higher planes of existence that would qualify them.

Point is: if you had irrelevant LS by justified means, meaning you could lift 1-A structures before, you should qualify for Immeasurable LS now.

@Ultima_Reality This seems right up your ally, yeah?
Again, we have already decided what needs to be applied. This is a thread for drafting volunteers to help us out with the revision project to apply said accepted changes in practice.

@SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Mr._Bambu @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @SamanPatou @Shadowbokunohero @Crazylatin77 @Jvando @Zaratthustra @Just_a_Random_Butler @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX

Your help would be extremely appreciated in this regard.

I remembered that we have the dynamic page list and tag subtiers now, so I was able to limit the pages we need to look through.
These are all of them:
That's "just" 323 in total, so we are down to 80 pages per person, if we do it with the 4 people we have. Still, it gets easier the more people participate.

I might be able to help but who gets what batch of profiles? Or do we just start doing them? I'm on mobile with slow internet at the moment so it will take me a bit on the updates but I'll try to help.

Thank you for helping out to you as well.

I don't know if we are in a hurry, or if we can wait for you to get a quick Internet access again.

I might be able to help but who gets what batch of profiles? Or do we just start doing them? I'm on mobile with slow internet at the moment so it will take me a bit on the updates but I'll try to help.
I will divide the profiles into batches and assign them to people once we get started.

As Antvasima said we are not in a hurry right now and, who knows, maybe someone still volunteers. I would say I divide the batches up tomorrow and everyone can then do their share at their earliest convenience.

Alright, so this is the list of profiles to check again:
I will now divide that list up.
-DontTalk: Luminous Being to Ayase Mika
-Qawsedf234: Shinozuka Masami to Y'ffre
-Colonel_Krukov: Jehovah (World of Darkness) to Zeus (Shin Megami Tensei)
-Elizhaa: Mother Harlot to Ryuji Sakamoto
-Nehz_XZX: Goro Akechi to He-Who-Made-Dark and He-Who-Made-Light
-LordGriffin1000: Hecate (DC Comics) to Yukari Takeba

With the pages divided I will now edit the Lifting Strength and BDE page accordingly. That means that everyone can start doing their edits now.

Alright, I'm done with my edits.
By the way, can someone post the chapter reference for these many notable accepted abilities for UEG since they would need to be added eventually and will likely get a mandatory thread in the long run otherwise since the Editing Rules got updated?
  • When creating new character profiles it is strongly preferred that you add explanations for the extents and natures of less self-evident and more confusing powers and abilities, especially with references and evidence such as scans. Examples include Reality Warping, Conceptual Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, and Causality Manipulation. Such powers are likely to be inaccurately interpreted, whether by casual visitors or in versus matches. As such, it is appreciated if you specify the nature and scope of these abilities, preferably in "Notable Attacks/Techniques" sections, near the bottom of the character profiles.
    • When applying approved changes from a content revision thread, the respective references, explanations, and evidence, such as scans, for these types of powers and abilities must be included.
    • When using evidence that includes text in other languages than English, it is mandatory to include a translation of it, a transcription of the text that's being translated, and the source of this text (like its name and specific page), with its name in its original language if the source doesn't have a localization. This way, people can easily research this on their own and even try their own translations if they distrust the one available. Here is an example.
Can't help you with that. Tbh you probably have better chances getting an answer by making a separate thread. I doubt supporters of the verse will see it here.

This character is on the list but doesn't even have Beyond Dimensional Existence or Irrelevant Lifting Strength from what I can see.

Last edited:

This character is on the list but doesn't even have Higher Dimensional Existence or Irrelevant Lifting Strength from what I can see.
Yes, that can happen. I had no way to search for the pages that need editing precisely. The list simply contains all tier 1-A, tier 0 or BDE pages.

If you find a page like that just skip it.

Thank you very much to everybody who are helping out here. It is extremely appreciated.

-DontTalk: Luminous Being to Ayase Mika
-Qawsedf234: Shinozuka Masami to Y'ffre
-Colonel_Krukov: Jehovah (World of Darkness) to Zeus (Shin Megami Tensei)
-Elizhaa: Mother Harlot to Ryuji Sakamoto
-Nehz_XZX: Goro Akechi to He-Who-Made-Dark and He-Who-Made-Light
-LordGriffin1000: Hecate (DC Comics) to Yukari Takeba
Big thanks to all of you guys!

Yes, that can happen. I had no way to search for the pages that need editing precisely. The list simply contains all tier 1-A, tier 0 or BDE pages.

If you find a page like that just skip it.
Ok, i skiped those.

I'm pretty sure I got all mine. I'm going to do a check over again to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back