• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beomus Range Revision (Higher-D!!! 1-B!!!! Wow!!!!)

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
It appears that (among another book that isn't relevant for this), The Prince of Milk and The Fifth Science take place in the same continuity. Since The Fifth Science has impressive dimensionality statements, that will scale to Beomus' range.

Establishing Continuity
The Fifth Science mentions Jenny Dunne and her small village of Wilthail. Beomus also appears as a bartender.

In The Prince of Milk, Jenny Dunne is mentioned as one of the characters' past relationships, Wilthail is one of the main locations in the book, and Beomus is the character I made a profile for.

Dimensionality Statements
In The Fifth Science there is a brief mention of the discovery of the seventh time dimension. There's many mentions of extra spatial dimensions, but the one I'll focus on is this statement about ether orcas, beings who usually reside in higher spatial dimensions, occasionally coming down to circle spacecraft, imo this suggests at least 3 extra spatial dimensions.

In The Prince of Milk statements of higher dimensions are much more vague, with the most striking one being this part where Mcalister sees the true nature of reality, part of which is seeing things "whirling about and warping in more dimensions than he is accustomed, more than should be logically allowed".

Conclusion
From these statements of higher dimensions existing in Corporia, Beomus' range for causing all coincidence throughout Corporia and Etheria should go from Low 1-C equivalent to 1-B equivalent.

This conclusion could be reached from taking 7 temporal + 4 spatial + 1 transcendence by virtue of Etheria's nature of transcending Corporia, but I think it's more solid to rate it at 7 temporal + 6 spatial (3 normal, 3 that the ether orcas natively exist in), for 13-D-equivalent range.

(If this is better done after the forum move, let me know and I can save it for then, Zach wanted me to pump it out now, especially since it's only affecting a character's range)

Yeah makes no sense that a realm with "more dimensions than should be logically allowed" would be 5-D relative to someone who knows about 13-D stuff. So the realm is basically "At least 14-D likely far higher" dimensional.

I've always been unsure about the "likely far higher", especially since that statement's coming from an ordinary policeman from the 21st century with no scientific background, but when we already know that a bunch more dimensions exist it becomes a bit more plausible imo.

I'd like more input on whether to have a far higher.

Beomus having 1-B range due to his influence affecting both Corporia and Etheria seems fine, although I am not so sure in regards to the "likely far higher", especially if McCallister didn't know about the 13 dimensions of the physical universe and was only familiarized with three of them.

Maybe. I've read through TPoM and TFS fully, TBtLD looks like it's not entirely canon to TPoM & TFS, but at least one of its short stories is, involving Novelty and Entropy.

That might give enough information about them to give 1-B.

While TPoM and TFS establish continuity with each other, once we start looking at his other works contradictions start coming about.

The Bridge to Lucy Dunne's first short story involves full-human time travelers from the 2300s coming to the 2000s using a machine based on x-rays. In TPoM and TFS time travel is generally impossible for humans, only being possible for pure mindstates and Etherics, and that has nothing to do with x-rays.

TPoM and TFS don't establish a multiverse.

They simply have one single infinite universe with many higher dimensions, and an abstract realm outside of it.

Maybe that could be a thing but I haven't seen any connections like that drawn in exurb1a's works yet, so I won't assume it for now.

Uh oh, looks like I misunderstood. Important to the upcoming verse page but not these revisions.

The short story in The Bridge to Lucy Dunne which mentions Novelty and Entropy has them as fairly different beings from in TPoM.

So in short, unless more books are written, it doesn't seem like anyone will scale to 1-B in any way except for range.

Beomus having 1-B range seems fine.

I've also removed the sections related to TBtLD from the verse sandbox.

Back