• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ben Tennyson (Classic Continuity) vs A Former Assassin (Hunter x Hunter) | Tier 8

Now that Ben and his aliens from Classic contunity are in Tier 8 might as well go with my dream match. Curious on how this showdown will go hopefully not a stomp, Both start in the weakest forms and then proceed to their strongest forms as the fight goes on.

• Both are in Tier 8.
  • Morals are off.
  • Speed equalized.
  • Killua = Godspeed - Kanmuru Form.
  • No Master control for Ben (He can switch aliens like he usually does in the show if reaaaaally needed in case of stomp then fine)
  • Ben Tennyson from Omniverse.
  • No Alien X, Way Big etc, Only Tier 8 aliens allowed !

Uz3Bqgw.png
vs
RDL1cMv.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
What does Ben start with in character? Killua usually attempts to blitz his opponent, then either incapacitate or assassinate them with his claws. If he's in Kanmaru he'll try to paralyze them with his electricity, and then incap or kill them depending on the situation.

Wdym? Why does having no Nen makes him able to resist?
It doesn't? Idk I was working off of another Nen user vs Ben fight probably.
What does Ben start with in character? Killua usually attempts to blitz his opponent, then either incapacitate or assassinate them with his claws. If he's in Kanmaru he'll try to paralyze them with his electricity, and then incap or kill them depending on the situation.
Quite irrelevant what his in-character moveset is since morals are off.
Killing won't work against Ben due to the failsafe.

So does Ben get passived or not? He's got a few inorganic aliens that might be able to survive..?
Omnitrix should also protect Ben against planetary mindhax as far as it's relevant here.

It doesn't? Idk I was working off of another Nen user vs Ben fight probably.

Quite irrelevant what his in-character moveset is since morals are off.
Killing won't work against Ben due to the failsafe.
While it's been forever since I read HxH, I recall it working on dudes without nen. So...

Though, I don't recall them ever affecting ghosts.

Oh hi Rikimarox, long time no see.

While it's been forever since I read HxH, I recall it working on dudes without nen. So...
Alright then.
Though, I don't recall them ever affecting ghosts.
I mean you don't even need NPI to interact with Ghostfreak except when he goes intangible, he's distinctively different from something like a soul. Best I got for him is type 7 immortality.

Killua passively stomps with his bloodlust alone. Is restricting this allowed?

If so, I'd say Killua likely wins via outskilling most of Ben's aliens. With his electricity manipulation, he can paralyze opponents stronger than him, while also being far more experienced. His Ghost Alien is the only one which might give Killua trouble, but given the fact Killua is far smarter, he could probably notice he can interact with the ghost at some point and outskill him again.

Killua wins 9/10 times if Nen Crush is restricted. Stomps if unrestricted.

If so, I'd say Killua likely wins via outskilling most of Ben's aliens. With his electricity manipulation, he can paralyze opponents stronger than him, while also being far more experienced. His Ghost Alien is the only one which might give Killua trouble, but given the fact Killua is far smarter, he could probably notice he can interact with the ghost at some point and outskill him again.

My memory is quite foggy, but has Killua ever nen crushed inorganic dudes?

Nen works the best on people without nen. Since it requires ten to resist the effects of ren in hxh. And people without nen obliviously can't use ten

In what way does the bloodlust make it a stomp? Like can you tell me what exactly nen crush does?

In what way does the bloodlust make it a stomp? Like can you tell me what exactly nen crush does?
Ren - Fear Manipulation, Limited Paralysis Inducement, Madness Manipulation (Type 3) and Limited Death Manipulation (It has been stated that without Ten, a Nen User is capable of inducing crippling fear, paralyzing people, causing insanity and even outright killing them with Nen alone, this is through malicious aura attacks), Statistics Amplification (Ren also enhances physical characteristics)

I'd say Killua likely wins via outskilling most of Ben's aliens.
Skill wise Ben’s aliens scale above Vilgax who is relative to Max who is relatively to the best bounty hunters in the universe. Vilgax also has centuries of experience being a criminal and he even fought off a planetary army of ectonurites (ghostfreak’s species) for a few weeks. This all without getting possessed despite only having an NPI glove a minor resistance (and no way to see them while they’re invisible AFAIK)
With his electricity manipulation, he can paralyze opponents stronger than him
Feedback has low 2-C absorption and is an electricity based aliens, along with a bunch of other electricity based aliens, some of which can turn into electricity itself. So that’s not gonna fly.
His Ghost Alien is the only one which might give Killua trouble
I doubt that. Feedback can literally point at him and absorb all of his nen (which is just life-force right?).
but given the fact Killua is far smarter, he could probably notice he can interact with the ghost at some point and outskill him again.
I doubt that as well. Ben while usually not portrayed as that smart. Is actually very smart in combat due to always coming up with a strategy to beat the very diverse threats he faces and can combo his aliens into each other as a kid with master control to an absurd degree. And in stuff like cosmology and time travel he even gets compliments from Professor Paradox, so smarter than Killua in that department.
Killua wins 9/10 times if Nen Crush is restricted.
If he can’t interact with intangibility then Big Chill freezes him from the inside out. To list one of Ben’s many wincons.

Oh ok, does it work against NRG’s elemental intangibility (edit: guess it does)? Also aliens like Upgrade can still function with a “shattered” body since he’s pretty slimy essentially. So he can still shoot eye beams or whatever. If anything Nen crush might turn this into a stomp in Ben’s favor since failsafe will turn Ben into something that Killua either can’t kill or KO due to regen or something he can’t interact with.

Last edited:
Oh ok, does it work against NRG’s elemental intangibility? Also aliens like Upgrade can still function with a “shattered” body since he’s pretty slimy essentially. So he can still shoot eye beams or whatever. If anything Nen crush might turn this into a stomp in Ben’s favor since failsafe will turn Ben into something that Killua either can’t kill or KO due to regen or something he can’t interact with.
Ren also induces fear and madness

induces fear and madness
Into a machine like Upgrade (edit: it’s type 3 madness, curious how that interacts with someone like Upgrade)? Also Omnitrix resists planetary mindhax (and Ascalon makes people mad with power yet Ben was able to resist and do the right thing, granted he needed some help with that). Ben has also willpowered through stuff like mind control and hypnosis on several occasions.

Last edited:
He's probably between type 1 and 2 lol. Considering he's half-human, half-machine. He still talks like Ben but he can also interface with computers. He still also has Ben's willpower very likely, the best of 2 worlds if you will. Due to this I think he should be able to slow down Nen crush significantly, if not outright resist it.

There's another alien who could prove very useful here: Terraspin! He can negate all Nen-based attacks as long as he is aware of them (so he needs to actively do so essentially).

Also what's the range of Nen crush specifically?

Last edited:
Skill wise Ben’s aliens scale above Vilgax who is relative to Max who is relatively to the best bounty hunters in the universe. Vilgax also has centuries of experience being a criminal and he even fought off a planetary army of ectonurites (ghostfreak’s species) for a few weeks. This all without getting possessed despite only having an NPI glove a minor resistance (and no way to see them while they’re invisible AFAIK).
Killua still has more skill on-screen, easily dealing with genius-level traps and contraptions with considerable ease. Both Vilgax and Grandpa never shown that great level of skill in battle, on screen. You can only rely on reputation so much.
Feedback has low 2-C absorption and is an electricity based aliens, along with a bunch of other electricity based aliens, some of which can turn into electricity itself. So that’s not gonna fly.
"Alien from the classic continuity"
I doubt that. Feedback can literally point at him and absorb all of his nen (which is just life-force right?).
Not really. One cannot interact nor see Nen if they are not a nen user. Plus, Killua can just stop it by using Zetsu.
I doubt that as well. Ben while usually not portrayed as that smart.
Ben's profile states such in intelligence, still, Killua is gifted, arguably Genius, and Genius in Nen abilities. His knowledge about the underworld, how his enemies techniques work after obseving them for a while, and how easily he avoids traps or thinks of work-around against one's technique is above Ben's by a good margin. While Ben is no idiot in battle, he has literally never shown this level of intel or intelligence in battle. Killua, in battle, is smarter than Ben.
Is actually very smart in combat due to always coming up with a strategy to beat the very diverse threats he faces and can combo his aliens into each other as a kid with master control to an absurd degree.
His strategies are decent at most, nothing complex like Killua's. Combo'ing Aliens is not a notable feat of intelligence

And in stuff like cosmology and time travel he even gets compliments from Professor Paradox, so smarter than Killua in that department.
Cosmology is irrelevant for this battle.
If he can’t interact with intangibility then Big Chill freezes him from the inside out. To list one of Ben’s many wincons.
Again, how would he even deal with Nen Crush? As long as he has a mind, he will be affected by it.

He's probably between type 1 and 2 lol. Considering he's half-human, half-machine. He still talks like Ben but he can also interface with computers. He still also has Ben's willpower very likely, the best of 2 worlds if you will. Due to this I think he should be able to slow down Nen crush significantly, if not outright resist it.

There's another alien who could prove very useful here: Terraspin! He can negate all Nen-based attacks as long as he is aware of them (so he needs to actively do so essentially).

Also what's the range of Nen crush specifically?
Oh I meant nen crush probably won't work because of type 2 inorganic physiology. Since type inorganic lacks any form of physical consciousness

I haven't been following the debate but I see a skill debate so I just wanna say that ben isn't really that skilled, he's definitely got a lot of fighting experience and trained in karate, but that's it. His friend rook though is really skilled and so is his chicken alien, definitely at least expert hand to hand fighters.

Killua still has more skill on-screen, easily dealing with genius-level traps and contraptions with considerable ease. Both Vilgax and Grandpa never shown that great level of skill in battle, on screen. You can only rely on reputation so much.
Does it matter whether it’s on-screen or not? The feat still happened, so it's not relying on reputation, it's not like Vilgax ran away or tried to use stealth to fight them or anything, we explicitly see that is not the case when he later on fights some Ectonurites alongside Ben's team. Also the bounty hunters and even Ben have their own fair share of on-screen skill feats. Also if dealing with traps are an indication then Ben has dealt with Professor Paradox’s traps in the Perplexahedron and it is stated multiple times that Ultimate Aggregor couldn’t have collected the pieces of the map of infinity, the most valuable thing in the universe, without Ben’s help. Also Vilgax and Ben rarely need to show their skill since they get by without outskilling their foes and Ben in particular only gets serious against someone when the situation requires it. Heck there's this one time where Humungousaur outskilled and outsmarted 10 of his villains at the same time.
"Alien from the classic continuity"
Classic continuity is defined as non-reboot here, go ask the OP if you doubt it.
Not really. One cannot interact nor see Nen if they are not a nen user. Plus, Killua can just stop it by using Zetsu.
Feedback can absorb mana directly from someone's body, which is Nen's equivalent in Ben 10. Heck he literally held the Big Bang in his hands. I doubt an ability can stop Feedback's absorption, if it's something offensive then he likely can't since he'll be essentially "in pain" from getting his energy drained.
Ben's profile states such in intelligence, still, Killua is gifted, arguably Genius, and Genius in Nen abilities. His knowledge about the underworld, how his enemies techniques work after obseving them for a while, and how easily he avoids traps or thinks of work-around against one's technique is above Ben's by a good margin. While Ben is no idiot in battle, he has literally never shown this level of intel or intelligence in battle. Killua, in battle, is smarter than Ben.
Yeah and the pages are horribly outdated, it doesn't even mention his combat intelligence. Ben actually won against Gwen (granted he used Way Big at the to make a point) who has a load of abilities (which she was also willing to use in that moment) and perfectly countered her.
His strategies are decent at most, nothing complex like Killua's. Combo'ing Aliens is not a notable feat of intelligence
It kinda is since you need to keep track of your physiology and all your abilities at the same time, he's essentially fighting as if he's 10-in-1 aliens.
Cosmology is irrelevant for this battle.
You're bringing up academic type of smartness as well such as Killua's knowledge on the underworld. So I could say the same thing to you, but I won't since I get that being complete is important.
Again, how would he even deal with Nen Crush? As long as he has a mind, he will be affected by it.
Like does the Nen need to physically interact with his body to work or not? But anyways at least Upgrade, Terraspin, Nanomech and possibly Chromastone can counter Nen Crush.
I haven't been following the debate but I see a skill debate so I just wanna say that ben isn't really that skilled, he's definitely got a lot of fighting experience and trained in karate, but that's it. His friend rook though is really skilled and so is his chicken alien, definitely at least expert hand to hand fighters.
Rook is literally the skill god tier of the verse, but Rook still only upscales by a lot from Vilgax since that seems to be the most impressive skill-feat I think.
Let's all remember Ben can only use one Alien at the time?
One alien is enough to get out of Nen crush range and spam him with his attacks and abilities. Heck they both start at 4 km apart per SBA, so Ben can actually target Killua way earlier than vice versa. Let’s not forget that Killua can’t kill or KO said alien (Upgrade) aside from maybe his lightning attacks either shall we. And just doesn’t have a counter for Terraspin either (if all his abilities are Nen-based) except for skill I guess.

And I almost forgot, Ben is bloodlusted/morals off here. So he would lead with instant win-moves like Clockwork’s time beams, Gravattack’s near-black hole gravity manipulation, Toepick’s fear hax via ugliness (if that works), radiation poisoning via NRG, Mind control with Whampire or possession with Ghostfreak and freeze gg with Big Chill if intangibility works, encasement in Diamondhead’s crystals by pointing at him, Nen/energy absorption from a distance by Feedback, … Heck potentially too much for Ben to even realize that the other guy has an OP passive since he might be dead by the time he gets in range.

Back