• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beginning of the Ephemeral Moment: Die Ewigkeit Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren_Valion

VS Battles
Retired

Introduction​

Note 1: Like always, I would like to thank Tony_di_bugalu for creating this CRT and allowing me to use write it up, and I would like to thank Qliphoth_Bacikal for aiding in getting these scans that were given to Tony months ago. Once again, thanks so much guys, I know I worked you both like slaves, and I am sorry for that - thanks for everything, I mean it.

Note 2: This thread is part one of an absolutely gargantuan three-part revision attempt for out Dies Irae profiles. Thus, the cheeky title. Thank you, and have fun!

This is going to be fun, I just know it.

But, to be serious, I am back again with another CRT, going over what is both huge and somewhat inconsequential changes to how Die Ewigkeit and specifically Ber'iah's function and are considered currently on the wiki.

The beginning of this line of thinking was first introduced on this thread by EMS-TC02_Phantom, which you can read on your own, I am here to expand on the mentions in his OP post about the nature of Ber'iah.

I also plan on improving our profiles' current understanding of Die Ewigkeit's Soul Absorption.

With that being said, shall we begin?

Ahnererbe's Soul Absorption​

All Ahnenerbe have the ability to steal and absorb the souls that they reap to empower their users.

However, this Soul Absorption is significantly more important and powerful than you might have initially believed. This soul absorption is an "act that hinders" the Recurrence of one's soul, meaning that it forcefully takes the soul from Mercurius' Law and adds it to their user's soul stock.

And this is not an exaggeration, as it was the intended purpose of this sorcery as devised by Mercurius, as the reason he created Ewigkeit was to have others consume souls which "disturbs the cycle of eternal recurrence" and can potentially destroy the "ghetto" (which is another name for the current world created by and maintained by the acting Godhead), as guessed by Reinhard and confirmed by Mercurius himself.

Further supported here, stating that Ewigkeit's purpose is "all for the sake of breaking the shackles of this foreknowledge (ghetto)."

The potency of Ewigkeit's soul absorption and subsequent resistance to it is further explored in the infamous feat when Reinhard summons Gladsheimr in Suwahara City and it rips the souls from everyone who is "unable to resist its sorcery".

The soul absorption properties of Ahnenerbe operate on a High 1-A level by forcefully ripping away souls from the reaches of eternal recurrence (Mercurius' law) in a vain effort to disrupt it enough so that it will be destroyed, as admitted by Mercurius himself.

Rewritten Justifications will be below.

Ber'iahs' Law Manipulation/Reality Warping​

The basic understanding of Ber'iahs, is that they are the deepest desires of the user being forcefully imprinted onto reality by taking the form of a law that defines the user's craving.

But there is so much more than that, Ber'iahs don't just imprint the law of another onto the world, it actively pushes back against the current law. Ber'iahs can "momentarily overwhelm the laws of the world with their (Ber'iah user's) craving", this sentiment is backed by Wilhelm when he describes Ber'iahs as "a single person's craving versus the world".

To reach the Ber'iah degree, you need to "bend the laws of the world with your own will" to make it so you create a space, either around you or you yourself, in which the "laws of the old world hold no water".

Hegemony Ber'iahs create a "parallel world" in the space around the user that is constantly in discourse with the law of the "pre-existing world". Transcendence Ber'iahs turn oneself into a "parallel world", a "different world, dislodged from both reality" and other Hegemony domains, they are "unbound by the laws that used to shackle its solid shape".

Ber'iah users are repetitively shown being able to nullify or "brushing off" the effects of another's law.

As explained above, Ber'iahs enforce a law that actively pushes back against the law of the current world, but due to just being on the Ber'iah degree, can't maintain this indefinitely. This means that the Law Manipulation/Reality Warping of Ber'iahs works on a High 1-A level.

Now, what does this entail?

In terms of offensive capabilities, nothing really. The effect of their laws still only operate on a 3-D level, but the benefits come from being a more passive extent,

Mainly that, to physically affect a Die Ewigkeit user's law, to be able to negate/absorb/modify/etc one's power, you would need to match the power of their law, which would be on a High 1-A level, as shown by other Ber'iah users overpowering the laws of others.

Rewritten Justifications will be below.

New Justifications​

Add this to their Soul Manipulation:
Soul Manipulation (; They can even tear away souls under the control of Mercurius in an attempt to disturb the cycle of recurrence to destroy the current "ghetto" and break the shackles of Foreknowledge)

And this for their resistance:​
Resistance to Soul Absorption/Destruction (Every user of Die Ewigkeit uses their Ahnenerbe to fight and resists the other Ahnenerbe of another Die Ewigkeit user. Ahnenerbe plunders souls and feeds on them to rob their enemies of life which is considered an act that hinders the soul's recurrence in an attempt to disturb the cycle of recurrence to destroy the current ghetto, breaking the shackles of Foreknowledge, which wouldn't be the case if their souls were too weak and "unable to resist its sorcery". They can also resist Reinhard's pressure as well as the presence and touch of Reinhard's spear)​

Replace their current description of their Reality Warping/Law Manipulation with this:
Reality Warping and Law Manipulation (Ber'iah is the act of an Ewigkeit user forcing their deepest desire on reality and are described as the implementation of a new law into reality that is essentially a single person's craving against the world's, which can nullify the laws of another to the point of non-existence, and which temporarily overwrites even the laws of Mercurius' world due to the Ber'iah user bending "the laws of the world with your own will", causing the "laws of the old world to hold no water" within their own. Hegemony Ber'iahs create a "parallel world" in the space around the user that is constantly in discourse with the law of the "pre-existing world". Transcendence Ber'iahs turn oneself into a "parallel world", a "different world, dislodged from both reality" and other Hegemony domains, they are "unbound by the laws that used to shackle its solid shape")

And this for their resistance:​
Resistance to Law Manipulation/Reality Warping (Ber'iahs possess the ability to negate and ignore the laws of another Ewigkeit user's Ber'iah to the point where it has no effect on them, as well as ignore and override the law of Mercurius, in which "the laws of the old world hold no water")​

Conclusion/Tl;DR​

With this CRT, I feel like I have proven two things:
  • That Ewigkeit users have both Soul Absorption that scales to High 1-A (due to affecting and stealing souls from Mercurius directly affecting his law) and resistance to it.
  • That Ber'iah users' laws actively and temporarily push back against Merc's law (the effects of those laws are High 1-A, meaning it is almost impossible to interrupt, negate, or change the laws of Ber'iahs in any way), and that they are able to negate and nullify the effects of another's law even when under the influence of it.
If you have any questions or are willing to point out any mistakes, feel free to ask and tell me respectively.

Thank you.

Votes​

Addition to Soul Manipulation​

Rework of Soul Manipulation Resistance​

Reworking of Law/Manipulation​

Reworking of Law/Manipulation Resistance​

Last edited:
Based on my own knowledge of Dies Irae and by the massive amount of evidence from all the images you gave I don't have any problem with this, I agree to all four points.

Basically what Everything said, and while you probably intend it, you should probably tailor the justifications to the type of Briah that each person has so it's not overly long.

I also agree on all 4 points especially since ive already looked over all of this before when the blog was beng made lol.

Basically what Everything said, and while you probably intend it, you should probably tailor the justifications to the type of Briah that each person has so it's not overly long.
I wasn't intending to do so, as admittedly, this is a bit of a buffer. But it can be done - focus on which type of Ber'iah depending on the character to shorten the description, or not. It depends.

These descriptions, if accepted, are going to go into an Apostle Physiology page that every page will link to - while the specifics of each individual will be specified on their own page.

But personally, I felt that taking all these CRTs one at a time would be best for both the viewers and me for making the appropriate edits when and if necessary, as well as give me time to finish the revised profiles.

We already discussed this but I agree with all that is mentioned here.

the massive amount of evidence from all the images you gave is very admirable, and ye I agree with all of this

Warrens ideology with these new CRTs is provide overwhelming evidence so he doesnt have to come back and deal with nay sayers.

Resistance is just overwriting the other (and the scan with Wolfgang is just him being affectes but not slowing down). So I would disagree with this.

The rest is fine tho.

It says “Hed tear the chains of time and manifest the very concept of “the fastest” without paying any heed to Finale and its Laws” that seems like hes resisting the Law? Like Ren is implanting his Law on Wolfgang and WG is just outright breaking through it and ignoring it.

I meant
It says “Hed tear the chains of time and manifest the very concept of “the fastest” without paying any heed to Finale and its Laws” that seems like hes resisting the Law? Like Ren is implanting his Law on Wolfgang and WG is just outright breaking through it and ignoring it.
I meant for the Wolfgang vs Whilem. Tho Ren vs Wolfgang kinda support that it is just his law being stronger/"overwritting" Ren's and not a true resistance (after all he was affected by it and needed to tore his own limbwhen he was just bein
g fast)

This scan supports even more the "overpowering with ur law" part and how it isn't resistance (otherwise both Eleonore and Machina would resist just as well as Shreiber).

Well the law-resistance interaction in Dies Irae is just like that. The best example i can give is when Ren fight Reinhard (before their ansencion). Sometimes Reinhard can't resist Ren time stop and sometimes he can. Tho it's explained as the powerful one will always triumph. I agree it's more about overpowering law than resistance but it also count as a resistance on its own right? Or not?

Edit: Sorry, now that i think about it, my example was a bad one because they technically already reached Atziluth degree by then, where their law "overlap" with each other.

Last edited:
They still resisted. If not they would have instantly be way too slow until ren choped all their heads. Wolfie is an exception to ren's hadou because of how his briah works. And no ren in EFF is bloodlusted to kill so it would be absurd to assume he wasn't outputing his law to the max or he would miss. Wil could have just sucked out everyone's souls instantly in his briah but while the others vitality is drained it isn't instant and they still can function properly.

I wouldn't say it's the same as resistance, although both ends up with not being affected. It's like countering an attack with your own and call it a resistance.

Resistance is just overwriting the other (and the scan with Wolfgang is just him being affectes but not slowing down). So I would disagree with this.

The rest is fine tho.
I would argue that they're being affected by another's law, and their ability to shrug the law of another off while under another law's effects would imply they are resisting it to an extent.

But that's a fine take, tbh. I see your point - but whatever the case, it doesn't really change much since the same changes apply; One's law can negate another's law even when pressured by said law.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it's the same as resistance, although both ends up with not being affected. It's like countering an attack with your own and call it a resistance.
If Eleonore, Machina and Wolfgang hadn't any resistance to Ren's law then they were instantly turned into statues and killed by Ren. In order to overpowering something you need to resisting it first.

In order to counterattacking something you need to resisting it first.

Nosir, wish you luck tho.

It seems like this has been accepted.

We should probably wait a bit for Dragonmasterxyz and Saikou though.

Well, you probably do not need my help here, so I will unsubscribe to the thread.

@Antvasima
Since Saikou hasn't been seen in over a week, and there is already multiple staff acceptance, tons of normal members acceptance (both knowledgeable and not), and no disagreement, would it be fair to say this CRT should be accepted?

Since this CRT is the first part of three, I don't plan on making any edits until the entire operation is over - and trust me, the wait will be worth it.

I suppose that it should be fine to apply, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back