• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta vs Link (Composite)

To celebrate Bayonetta becoming High 4-C, I will put her up against Link.

I have no regrets

Speed is equalized

Both have all there equipment

Standard Battle Assumptions

Bayonetta: 0

Link: 3 (Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff, The real cal howard, 851500)

Inconclusive 7 (Gargoyle One, Dragonmasterxyz, KinkiestSins, WeeklyBattles, Laughing Manson, TheJ-ManRequiem Knightofannihilation666)

I'm going to give it to Bayo.

Bazillions is a great ranged option to atomize on contact, intangibility helps seal off most of Links options, and summons can help BFR.

Bayonetta (Character)

Link (Composite)

Link vs Bayo

Experince: Link (being a composite fighter gives you that advantage)

Hax: Tie

Intelligence: Tie

Weaker Weakness: Close real damn close but bayo, being overconfident is the one thing you don't won't in a fight of this magnitude

Equiment: Link (obviously)

This fight can go either way, but i'll take the hero of time,light, etc in a slime margain

1. Bayo has over 500 years of expirience fighting Angels around her level

2. Weakness only applies to fodders.

3. Perfectly true.

Huh. Bayo has Bazillions. I forgot. So she will have a way of killing him. But I'm still voting for the knight

Unfortunately for her, it gets shut down by the barriers of Nayru's Love or Magic Armor (WW version) have that covered. And Link has the advantage in every other category, as he has more versatility, range (albeit with the Full TF only), an AP advantage, scarier stat boosts, insane invincibility if need be, experience, and skill. Her summons are countered with his own and BFR returning.

1. Barriers hardly matter unless he can literally keep them up forever, as they reflect from every single angle even if they miss, he dodges, the bullets go behind him, he blocks, and the bullets reflect right into him.

2. AP means basically nothing here.

3. I'm fairly confident that Witch Time can overtax his resistance, he has his resistances from the time stones which just reverse time, Bayo can stop it, slow it, layer her time Manipulation, and it lasts for an extremely long time, if it works for even a second, Links gone, and her resistance won't get bypassed due to him only being able to time stop which is weaker then full on manipulating it.

1. Considering Link can keep it up for days...and it literally surrounds him...

2. Considering the amount of neggimg done...

3. Um...versatility doesn't translate into power...and Link has moved in timestop...from the Golden Goddesses.

Gargoyle One said:
1. Bayo has over 500 years of expirience fighting Angels around her level
Wasn't the premise of the first game centered around Bayonetta having amnesia due to being asleep for 500 years?

1. From every angle?

2. Has he negged powers on this scale before.

3. Wrong, completely wrong, a form of time Manipulation that is shown to be far more versatile and all around better then what the character has resisted is likely to bypass, as explained by Link vs Goku Black, and the Golden Goddesses, you mean like Din and Naryu? Because that doesn't but scream outlier.

Wasn't the premise of the first game centered around Bayonetta having amnesia due to being asleep for 500 years?

It was, then she rewrote her past, woke up and got all her memories back.

1. Yes. It surrounds him.

2. Will answer in 3.

3. No, you're incorrect. An analogy. Character A and character B both have the same level of time stop. Character A can use fire in 20 different applications. Character B can only shoot it, but it's on a conceptual level. Tell me, which one will overtax the other? And even if you want to take that route, pretty sure that no-selling a wave of energy that creates a circle that sends anything within its range, organic or otherwise, thousands of years in the past or future if they enter or leave it kinda negs that. And not how hax outliers work.

Okay Cal, this is what Link is up against:

Time Slow/Stop

Time Travel

Activatable Invincibility

Soul manipulation

Molecular Desintegration

Mind Manipulation (Awakening feelings of gluttony, profanity, doubt, idiocy, rage and arrogance)

Inflictable Bloodlust

Damage Negation

Attack Reflection

Duplication

Resistance to Time Manipulation, Soul Manipulation,Time Paradoxes, Curses, Extreme Temperatures, and some forms of Reality Warping

Becoming invisible and intangible at will

BFR

Magic barrier and seal dispelling

3. "Have the same level of time stop"

Already the analogy fails, not only can Bayonetta do everything I mentioned, but she can also layer it as much as she wishes and it lasts for over 15 minutes on end, has the time stones ever done anything that close? No.

I do not at all remember the Golden Goddesses doing that on a conceptual level.

No, if you resist magic from people who are higher dimensional, that automatically is an outlier, unless they're not, which again goes back to how strong it is as hax. So no, it's exactly how a Hax outlier works.

This said, if Link resists or nopes every single thing she does and she has no way to kill him, this is a massive stomp and should be closed. But I will wait for more.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Time travel, Link can get paradoxed.

@WB

Resists that.

Can follow her through time (and has done that before)

Has that, and lasts for days.

Resists that.

Nayru's Love or WW Magic Armor gives a counter.

Resists that.

Don't see how that would benefit Bayo. But his empathic hax should help.

Has something similar in the Protection Ring. Though I will admit Bayo's is superior if it cancels out the damage taken (though resurrection and healing deal with that)

Has that

Has that (how many copies?)

Has most of those, and more.

Has that and can see/hit that as well.

Has that and can come back from others'.

Has those

Wait...Follow her through time? Elaborate, because how does he know where she's going and how will he get there before she paradoxes him? She'll have no problem using it if she struggles to kill him normally.

Just to add, the magic armor is a l barrier that surrounds his entire body, like a suit of sorts.

Nayru's love is the blue diamond like one.

So here's my next question, how much rupees does Link have?

@Cal The bloodlust thing sends the foe into a blind fury where they just start attacking wildly

Yes it cancels damage taken, even Jubileus needs to get multiple hits in before the effect starts to wear off

Two copies

Gargoyle One said:
Wait...Follow her through time? Elaborate, because how does he know where she's going and how will he get there before she paradoxes him? She'll have no problem using it if she struggles to kill him normally.
Because someone stole Nayru's (the oracle, not the goddess) body and did that but on a bigger scale, but Link was able to follow via the Harp of Ages

Well...she tried to paradox a tree and a lot of others, but not Link.

And I'm not gonna explain the plot of Oracle of Ages, dude.

Can Link actually hit someone in another dimension?

What if Bayo goes in Limbo and kills him there? She isn't just invisible, she's in another realm all together.

My issue with Link is that we assume he's going to know every think she's doing and react accordingly, however, how will he know if she Time Travels? What if Link tries using his Time Powers? He fails. What if he follows her in time? He is still the most vulnerable as his younger self is still a target and Bayonetta can easily get to him.

In truth I'm going inconclusive here. Both resist the most dangerous things in each other's arsenal. Plus, unless Link can cut through dimensions, he can't hit her in Limbo, while she can still attack him and her attacks being invisible. He can deflect a lot of her stuff, while she can do the same. Her lollipops and Red Hot Shot help here as well. Not to mention her other items such as Pulley's Butterfly at her disposal. While, Link has more equipment, I feel that is isn't enough to give him the win against another versatile and equally talented opponent.

Too put it simply, Link has the better offense, while overall Bayo has the better defense. Both cancelling each other out.

I could argue Links is better due to his resistances but whatever.

Once Bayo goes into another dimension she can just spam bazillions.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Link vs Bayo

Experince: Link (being a composite fighter gives you that advantage)

Hax: Tie

Intelligence: Tie

Weaker Weakness: Close real damn close but bayo, being overconfident is the one thing you don't won't in a fight of this magnitude

Equiment: Link (obviously)

This fight can go either way, but i'll take the hero of time,light, etc in a slime margain
I agree with this reasoning, expect weakness it should be a tie but overrall yeah, i agree with pete's reasoning

Honest curious question:

If Bayo time travels to kill Link, given this is Composite Link, where and when will Bayo end up?

Inconclusive for dragons reasonings. I might lean to Bayonetta tho via experience. She has a more impressive resume with feats and using her 500+ years of experience. Link has been reincarnated so many times, sure, but I rarely if ever see him use it in a matter that would be conclusive. Bazillions can kill link as well. Playing devils advocate though, Link probably has the better versatility when it comes to hax.

So inconclusive. I might change my vote later though.

Back