• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of the Archaeologists: Indiana Jones vs Nathan Drake (Uncharted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indiana Jones believes Drake has stolen an artifact from the Natural History Museum of New York. Drake will do anything to defend himself.

Jone's Profile:

Drake's Profile: 8 votes

Rules:

9-A Indiana Jones vs 9-A Drake

Speed Equalized

Both are Bloodlusted

Both have all their equipment

Since both are at their most powerful. both men are in their prime, where age is not a factor

Battle takes place in the Natural History Museum at New York. Obviously

No knowledge or prep time for both

who wins and why.

will Jones manage to stop Drake from "Stealing" or will Drake successfully defend himself from a crime he did not commit.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I feel this is a stomp on Nathan favor since his luck didn't allowing projectiles to hit him which is only Jones's way to compete with Nathan's AP and dura. Physically Jones would get beaten via 9-A against 9-B and since Nathan have artifacts.

I really feel this is stomp.

Unfortunately I feel this is a stomp on Nathan favor since his luck didn't allowing projectiles to hit him which is only Jones's way to compete with Nathan's AP and dura. Physically Jones would get beaten via 9-A against 9-B and since Nathan have artifacts.

but doesn't jones have his clairvoyance.

Yes but it won't help him since Nathan can just kill him in a single shot.

but since this is the museum. there's plenty of places to hide. couldn't indiana just use his clairvoyance to know where drake is. dodge his shots by using cover and wait for drake to run out of ammo. and doesn't drakes luck can't last forever. sooner or later his luck will run out. allowing jones to shoot him and end the fight.

From the comment above, Nathan has more AP.

Well, as the fight will take place in a museum, there would be several places for Jones to hide, thus avoiding possible shots.
Jones has already escaped near-death experiences, so his intelligence could be something that would prolong the fight, in addition to his stealth.

That said, I give Nathan the victory here. His mystical equipment would be too complicated for Jones to handle, especially Indra's Eternity and Spirit of the Djinn.

I don't think it would be a stomp, Jones has wincons like the huge difference in intelligence and dark magic.

For now, voting for Nathan.

From the comment above, Nathan has more AP.

Well, as the fight will take place in a museum, there would be several places for Jones to hide, thus avoiding possible shots.
Jones has already escaped near-death experiences, so his intelligence could be something that would prolong the fight, in addition to his stealth.

That said, I give Nathan the victory here. His mystical equipment would be too complicated for Jones to handle, especially Indra's Eternity and Spirit of the Djinn.

I don't think it would be a stomp, Jones has wincons like the huge difference in intelligence and dark magic.

For now, voting for Nathan.

i mean jones has telepathy/clairvoyance. he could read drakes mind or gain the information to know that drakes weakness is that his luck can run out if enough near misses are used against him. he just needs to make drake run out of ammo. then shoot him until his luck runs out. and then boom headshot.

i mean jones has telepathy/clairvoyance. he could read drakes mind or gain the information to know that drakes weakness is that his luck can run out if enough near misses are used against him. he just needs to make drake run out of ammo. then shoot him until his luck runs out. and then boom headshot.
Like I said, Jones has wincons.

I'm only voting for Nathan because he has more wincons. His equipment, if it is an effect, is victory. How could Jones handle the invisibility or manipulation of time?

I am still considering that the shots would not hit Jones, in a context of real fighting it is very difficult to fight against an opponent without being hit by at least one shot, even more without prior knowledge.

Like I said, Jones has wincons.

I'm only voting for Nathan because he has more wincons. His equipment, if it is an effect, is victory. How could Jones handle the invisibility or manipulation of time?

I am still considering that the shots would not hit Jones, in a context of real fighting it is very difficult to fight against an opponent without being hit by at least one shot, even more without prior knowledge.

well hard to disagree on that. glad that this isn't a stomp though.

Yeah Nate has this.

Since they both have everything, Nate's sheer arsenal, supernatural luck and very big advantage in stats guarantees it. His Optional Equipment is just overkill and he doesn't even need it to win this.

On a more serious note, how is this not a stomp? Nate's 0.01 tons in AP whereas Indy's AP can be drawn from his feat of shattering a wooden door which is 2907827.38 joules (0.0006949874 tons if I'm not mistaken). If I'm not mistaken, that's a huge difference. Nate one-shots once he gets in close to Indy.

Indy's 9-A explosive and such won't help either since Nate has tanked RPG explosions, grenade explosions and a tank shell before without a problem. Indy's precog isn't useful in combat since it's used to see into the far future/visions and telepathy/clairvoyance aren't used in the application some have said on this thread (according to the scans on Indy's profile anyway) so how is he going to read Nate's mind or something when those abilities haven't been shown to work that way???? Additionally magic? Indy only invoked Shiva's name so that the stones could catch fire and fall into the river away from Mola Ram. The stones were connected to Shiva and that's why it worked in that instance. It's not like Indy's pulling out some Harry Potter nonsense. Indy's intelligence is also irrelevant considering both are bloodlusted and Nate has him outclassed in every category.

I seriously don't see how this is fair for Indy at all. Also, Nate isn't an archaeologist.

Yeah Nate has this.

Since they both have everything, Nate's sheer arsenal, supernatural luck and very big advantage in stats guarantees it. His Optional Equipment is just overkill and he doesn't even need it to win this.

On a more serious note, how is this not a stomp? Nate's 0.01 tons in AP whereas Indy's AP can be drawn from his feat of shattering a wooden door which is 2907827.38 joules (0.0006949874 tons if I'm not mistaken). If I'm not mistaken, that's a huge difference. Nate one-shots once he gets in close to Indy.

Indy's 9-A explosive and such won't help either since Nate has tanked RPG explosions, grenade explosions and a tank shell before without a problem. Indy's precog isn't useful in combat since it's used to see into the far future/visions and telepathy/clairvoyance aren't used in the application some have said on this thread (according to the scans on Indy's profile anyway) so how is he going to read Nate's mind or something when those abilities haven't been shown to work that way???? Additionally magic? Indy only invoked Shiva's name so that the stones could catch fire and fall into the river away from Mola Ram. The stones were connected to Shiva and that's why it worked in that instance. It's not like Indy's pulling out some Harry Potter nonsense. Indy's intelligence is also irrelevant considering both are bloodlusted and Nate has him outclassed in every category.

I seriously don't see how this is fair for Indy at all. Also, Nate isn't an archaeologist.

are you still going to vote for nate?

On a more serious note, how is this not a stomp? Nate's 0.01 tons in AP whereas Indy's AP can be drawn from his feat of shattering a wooden door which is 2907827.38 joules (0.0006949874 tons if I'm not mistaken)
Indy's performed feats that are definitely higher than his door shattering feats, but either way it's not enough to really tip this in his favour, let alone even out the fight lmao

Indy's performed feats that are definitely higher than his door shattering feats, but either way it's not enough to really tip this in his favour, let alone even out the fight lmao
Yeah I saw. But the door shattering feat was the only one that I could get a definite AP from considering the rest are links to clips and stuff and not calculations. I'm still questioning this MU, but if it's fine and viable? Whatever I guess.

I was called over here to double check this match. Does Indiana actually have a feasible win condition against Nathan here?

I was called over here to double check this match. Does Indiana actually have a feasible win condition against Nathan here?
That's pretty much what I've been asking. I already countered the points for Indy here and no one has really answered what else he can do to counter Nate besides the argument "Oh if this guy says it's not a stomp then it's not a stomp." I think this match up isn't fair yet it seemed the issue wasn't fully realized by others or just ignored.

My first comment to this. The feeling is still not leaves me.

Indy is at disadvantage both at close combat and long combat.

I have looked over both profiles, and I realize now that not only are Oleggator and X_Squared's points extremely valid, but Indiana Jones should not even be 9-A, as all Real World hand grenades top out at 9-B. And unless there's proof that Indiana's grenades can destroy a whole room or small building by their lonesome, I believe this is absolutely a stomp in favor of Nathan Drake.

I have also created a CRT for the downgrade of Indiana Jones here.

I have looked over both profiles, and I realize now that not only are Oleggator and X_Squared's points extremely valid, but Indiana Jones should not even be 9-A, as all Real World hand grenades top out at 9-B. And unless there's proof that Indiana's grenades can destroy a whole room or small building by their lonesome, I believe this is absolutely a stomp in favor of Nathan Drake.

I have also created a CRT for the downgrade of Indiana Jones here.

so can i remove the match from their respective profiles?

Now that the CRT is completed and this match is unquestionably a stomp, I shall go ahead and lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back