• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of Ghost Hunters: Danny Phantom vs. Danny Wells

Luigi: Has all equipment besides the Pure Hearts and Power Stars (or related powerups), so 4-A equipment only. Basically has composite powers from all games unless it exceeds 4-A, any stronger powerups are restricted. Is wearing the Poltergust.

Danny: Has all equipment besides the Reality Gauntlet. Has composite powers from the entire series. Is piloting the Ecto-Skeleton, which makes him 4-A.

Speed equal.

Luigi Mario: 8 (DatOneWeeb, Lord JJJ, Litentric Teon, LordGriffin1000, EMagoIorSouI, Joshydascrub, Soupywolf5, Anomalous N I W D E)

Danny Phantom: 1 (Dragon Blood 9)

Inconclusive: 0

Poltergust2
Fenton thermos

Danny has the range advantage since Luigi doesn't have the multiversal stuff. Danny could just range/AoE him with Ghost Rays and since Luigi doesn't seem to have resistance to Biological, Mind and Soul based attacks he'll get one shotted.

I'm gonna vote for Danny for right now but it likely depends on Luigi's starting move.

So what stops Luigi from resurrecting, using thought based perceptions manipulation, and stopping time to finish it with something like transmutation or sealing?

How many times can he resurrect?, Transmutation is useless, Danny can just fix himself. Time stop is fine but does he go for that right off the bat?. What does he use perception manip for?, I don't see it on his page.

This is why I don't do fights with characters like this, they have this arsenal of equipment that makes these fight bothersome to debate since they could go for anything.

He can use a Life Shroom, Retry Clock, or use regular 1-Up Mushrooms. I don't see resistance to transmutation. He won't start off with it, but if Luigi dies then he realizes what kind of opponent he's facing. He'll then want to use something to finish it off quickly. Perception manipulation basically slows down his view of time, making opponents slower while he moves faster. It was supposed to replace time manipulation. He still has Sealing which automatically locks on to your opponents.

Ghosts in Danny Phantom can reform themselves after being transmutated into something else since their physical forms are just manifestation of their consciousness. It's not resistance, just the ability to change their form back.

How long does sealing take? Cause Danny can just create an explosion wave or Ghostly Wail to knock Luigi back. Also, Luigi's resurrection allows him to comeback from having his mind and soul destroyed as well?.

So are you overall just ghost scalling or have we actually seen Danny be able to do this.

Luigi pulls out a Catch Card, immediately locks on to an enemy, they get sealed. Here's the video . Danny won't be able to move since the enemy becomes immobile. Well since 1-Up's can work even when you're a Boo (which are souls), I think we can say yes. It's passive, and the Retry Clock will passively turn back time to restart a battle. It should also be noted that Luigi has passive forcefields that nullify damage, so Danny will have to hit Luigi a few times before actually hitting Luigi. And again, thought based perception manipulation or Time Stop will really screw over Danny.

Oh wow.

I'm doubt Danny can beat Luigi 3 times. One time, probably. Two is a stretch. But 3?

Even if Luigi's win con is just one or two amidst a wealth of abilities, three resurrections (especially since he can resurrect from having his soul and mid destroyed) give him plenty of chances to his them. He's not exactly unintelligent.

So I'll go with Luigi since he can resurrect 3 times and use his new knowledge to counter what Danny can do.

I still don't see how those objects will resurrect Luigi if his mind and soul get destroyed. Being Boos and resurrecting just means they can get their physical form back whole being a soul, not that they can fix their mind and soul being hit.

Also, Luigi passive forcefeilds!? Please explain.

This will likely be a stomp.

Boos are canonically dead characters. 1-Ups can bring you back when as Boos, which means your soul is literally destroyed. They're literally coming back from nothing. Retry Clocks passively rewind time when losing.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Also, Luigi passive forcefeilds!? Please explain.
This will likely be a stomp.
HIs passive forcefields are limited, a couple of few hits and they're broken. Though he can get them back via Battle Cards, but are still lost after a few hits.

DatOneWeeb said:
Boos are canonically dead characters. 1-Ups can bring you back when as Boos, which means your soul is literally destroyed. They're literally coming back from nothing. Retry Clocks passively rewind time when losing.
Lol no. What you just said doesn't say anything about their soul being destroyed. Being dead and resurrecting doesn't mean you resurrected through soul destruction. Unless your trying to say something else, the way you worded it is confusing.

Retry Clock is the only thing that can save him.

>Your soul dying and ressurecting from it isn't soul destruction.

Literally how. When a Boo dies, that's it. Their souls are destroyed without a trace. Thus their souls are destroyed.

DatOneWeeb said:
>Your soul dying and ressurecting from it isn't soul destruction.

Literally how. When a Boo dies, that's it. Their souls are destroyed without a trace. Thus their souls are destroyed.
You never said that the Boo got destroyed dude. You just said Boo's can use 1 up. I assumed that you meant when Luigi dies, he becomes a Boo and the the one up effect happens. Not that when he's destroyed as a Boo, the one up effect happens.

What about Luigi's mind?.

DatOneWeeb said:
If your physical body and spirit are gone, there is no mind.
We treat the mind, soul and body separately. When was it stated if those to are gone so is the mind?.

Not on all cases. How are you going to have a mind when your spirit and mind are gone. You don't have a brain for your body, and you don't have a ghost to control. You're mind isn't active when your dead in most cases. Why else are we unconscious.

If it's that case for Luigi then this seems like a stomp to me but whatever. I'll retract my vote for Danny and give it to Luigi.

Passive shields, 3 resurrections, Sealing that keeps the target from moving, thought based Perception Manipulation means Danny can't do much in the long run so yeah, I'll vote for Luigi.

@Dangeroustaco

I said it seemed stompy. Not that it was. The fight can go on which is why I switched my vote. Danny could win, it's just less likely.

I just realized, after looking at Danny's page, that with the ecto-suit, he has BFR.

Luigi doesn't seem to resist. So that's one way Danny could get around his resurrection. A BFR to the ghost zone. Another possible point to consider.

It's via the retry clocks, it is capable can restarting the fight and reverting time to when the fight began anytime the opponent "dies".

As for if it is IC, he only had it one game, and the main option is used by the player, so I am not sure about IC or not

Gotcha.

Does Luigi retain his memories after reverting time?

Actually, Danny has all his equipment except for his reality gauntlet. So he should have the time medallion. Meaning that time manip wouldn't work on him.

Back