• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for Dream Island: Power of Upgrades, Part II: Tiers

Its consistent regardless, it wouldn't need a varies tier. Many other characters have been shown to be casual in speed anyways for the sake of it.

The sun feat has 2 FTL movement feats, so I don't see how this contradicts anything where the anti feat given was not a gag. Even then, remember this was done much later in BFB, so its very well noted that they improved overtime for the sake of the competition.

So, I was wondering, for the Sun calcs, since both feats (The Have Cots running across an eighth of its circumference and moving it by jumping) happen after the Sun was enlarged, should I use the size calculated for the large Sun, or would that be calc-stacking?

Its consistent regardless, it wouldn't need a varies tier. Many other characters have been shown to be casual in speed anyways for the sake of it.

The sun feat has 2 FTL movement feats, so I don't see how this contradicts anything where the anti feat given was not a gag. Even then, remember this was done much later in BFB, so its very well noted that they improved overtime for the sake of the competition.
Not really, the best casual speed feats in BFB range range from Hypersonic+ to Sub-Rel. The FTL feats were the only ones in the entire season.

Plus, you need a source they grew in power, or else it's Headcanon

It doesnt matter of the FTL feats came from one season, itfact, it came from 2.

Think of it like this: Do we ignore any of Mario’s MFTL+ feats in future games as it goes on? No.

It doesnt matter of the FTL feats came from one season, itfact, it came from 2.

Think of it like this: Do we ignore any of Mario’s MFTL+ feats in future games as it goes on? No.
1. I thought the FTL running feat came from BFB 20 (I season), I know there have been consistent FTL reactions in other series, which I already agreed with???

2. Mario may be downgraded, not really a good example.

I was referring to the FTL feats being from Seasons 1 and 4

But the point is, the FTL running speed is consistent with the reactions, and I do not see anything that contradicts this as an anti-feat.

Counted at least 4 (possibly 5) FTL feats: 2 were reactions (one with leg movement), and 2 (possibly 3) of them were movement. After all, Flower did need to turn around before the laser hit her, which involved moving her legs (even if she was standing in the same place), so at least she moved faster than the laser to react to it.

Why 3 movement feats? Because Puffball was able to keep up with Spongy’s private jet, which was able to go a decent bit into space rather quickly. I might need to go calculate it first, but if it is FTL (or rather close, like Relativistic+), that is consistent with the movement.

Last edited:
I still need input here

Like, any conclusions?
I have said that FTL is a definite yes, so that's a conclusion. I have said that since there have been numerous times where Four has been shown to be physically much stronger than others, Four should be at least the power of the contestants, and the contestants should vary, which is a conclusion. Same conclusion with lifting strength. We'll just wait until others agree.

Would you agree that FTL is only reactions (what Blue said) or my proposal, which is solid?

So full solid FTL? Yes, I agree with that.

Though, Gelatin freezing Flower was just her being caught off guard, so thats a bad example. Other than that, everything else is fine.

Once again, that was an off guard moment for Flower. Also, that laser! Didnt notice it. That can easily be another supporting feat for FTL then.

Last edited:
I still disagree with you about FTL not being solid. As I said, 3 FTL movement feats were shown already, and I see no reason it is varies due to no anti-feats.

Every time in the show during movement which WASN'T FTL??? (Puffball flying to space, Flower running up the stairs, Flower running to the warehouse, traveling times during BFDI and BFDIA)

So? That doesn't even matter if they are depicted slower than before.

Do we ever ignore Mario’s FTL feats because it only happened in a few games? No. Do we ever ignore Mega Man’s FTL feats because it only happened in a few games? Also no. Do we ever ignore Looney Toons’ FTL feats (for top tiers) because it only happened in a minority of episodes while most of them were depicted slower? No.

See what I mean? Its simply just Cinematic Time. Even if characters who have performed FTL feats are slower than others, it just means those people would be FTL as well. And even if they are depicted much slower than their actual speed, it is the sole purpose of either being casual or just for entertainment.

So? That doesn't even matter if they are depicted slower than before.

Do we ever ignore Mario’s FTL feats because it only happened in a few games? No. Do we ever ignore Mega Man’s FTL feats because it only happened in a few games? Also no. Do we ever ignore Looney Toons’ FTL feats (for top tiers) because it only happened in a minority of episodes while most of them were depicted slower? No.

See what I mean? Its simply just Cinematic Time. Even if characters who have performed FTL feats are slower than others, it just means those people would be FTL as well. And even if they are depicted much slower than their actual speed, it is the sole purpose of either being casual or just for entertainment.
Mario and Bugs may be downgraded or changed to a varies tier anyway (I'm pretty sure there are more FTL feats in Looney Tunes than 3). Megaman doesn't have FTL running speed anyway.

You keep bringing up entertainment and gags as why FTL running speed is consistent, but the FTL running speed can easily be a gag as well

Where have you heard that about Mario and Looney Toons being changed to varied speed?

And where is your proof that it is a gag?

More times than not, regardless of whatever they show does NOT mean you should ignore FTL being solid. Times they were taking days to travel to a location was just them walking. Times they outsped each other depicted them to be faster than them anyway.

With 6 feats for FTL (3 were reactions [2 involved movement of legs] and 3 were actual movement speeds), I dont see why it is not enough to call it out as solid instead of just reaction and combat speed.

Last edited:
We don't ignore the loads of MFTL+ feats that characters from the Kirby of the Stars series have just because Kirby Air Ride measures the speed of the Warp Star using a far lower unit than times the speed of light. It seems like arguments against BFDI characters being FTL are arguments that don't factor in inaccurate cinematic time. Characters of BFDI always moving instantaneously would be weird and unskillful animating.

Back