• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle between the strongest being: Akuma (Street Fighter) VS Kagura (Senran Kagura) (GRACE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, interesting.

To start, I want to specify that Akuma fairly upscales from 1.28 Gigatons, as he is >> PoN Ryu who is > The Ryu who performed the feat.

What does Kagura do? I see danmaku stuff on her profile, so I guess she starts with it? But how does she fight? I see several powers in her arsenal.

Here is an example of how she fight and this too.

She can create dozen of blade-like projectiles out of nowhere to impale the opponent. She could also trap her opponent in circular formation then releases a large burst of energy inside. She is prone to spam Teleportation and in some case she use forcefield as well.

Her entire move set involved surrounding the opponent with rapid sword-like projectiles leaving them no chance to fight back. Should an opponent prove difficult to handle with this strategy, she will resort to using Spatial Manipulation to flip the area upside down and throw her opponents off.

Ok, then.

Kagura has the range advantage on the start, as due to SBA they start at 4 kilometers. I guess she would start firing projectile in Akuma's direction, but without precisely knowing nor seeing where he is as she lacks the enhanced vision to do so.

On the opposite side, Akuma has to get close, trying to avoid projectiles. He has several ways to get past projectiles, with his experience dealing with them (although he never faced so many at the same time, although they go mostly in a straight line from what I see). Other than that, he has excellent acrobatics, using his pseudo flying abilities, can block or null some of them with Rakan or Kiai, become intangible and cover some more distance with Ashura Senku and start reply with his own once he gets close enough, maybe even overcome a streak of them with a Messatsu Gohado, but I'm unsure.

In close distance in almost the same, they throw shit at each other I guess, with both having decent AoE other than normal projectiles.

From what I see on Kagura's profile, her hand-to-hand ability is inferior to Akuma's, so I guess she wouldn't go for a fistfight once she notices to be outmatched. Her projectiles and teleportation are indeed a nuisance, but teleporting too much can be risky and make her become predictable, and Akuma has his own pseudo teleport too.

I stop here with my analysis, I want to wait for further inputs.

She seems to have stamina edge too, really from long range its more or less her battle, unless Akuma somehow gets in close to overwhelm her

Getting close it's not impossible for Akuma, he has several ways to move, block or ignore the projectiles. He would likely get some damage, but can cover the distance rather quickly.

Ngl, this is an interesting match-up and condition. I think I'm going to give it to Akuma with Mid-High Diff. He's way more stronger in SFV since he easily beat PON Ryu, who managed to beat an amped M Bison and kill a base-level M Bison, who should be stronger than he was in the past, with ease. The same M Bison, who Akuma saw as a worthy enough opponent in the past. In addition, Akuma can teleport/go intangible away/through the majority of her heavier attacks with Ashura Senku, and, just straight up negate her basic projectiles and slashes with Kiai (Which also amps his projectiles) and Rakin. I can see him having difficulty early on since he'll play around with Kagura, but he'll increase his power the more she proves herself and adapt to her way of fighting as the fight rages on.

Just a thing, Akuma considering Bison a worthy opponent doesn't mean they are equal in power, he lists even Ryu, who is way under him even when using the Satsui, which in turn is already stronger than psycho drive Bison.

But coming back on the in-topic debate, Akuma also has the Shun Goku Satsu, which is an instant-win if it connects.

She has more projectiles and range, flipping space would disorient and leave Akuma rather vulnerable, and her telekinesis is more than what Akuma can overwhelm, although I don't know how in character it is.

She has more projectiles and range, flipping space would disorient and leave Akuma rather vulnerable, and her telekinesis is more than what Akuma can overwhelm, although I don't know how in character it is.
He can phase/teleport through the majority of her heavy projectiles and use Kiai to neutralize her basic projectiles. He should be able to tank her flipping space move (since he tanked hits with relative ease from PON Ryu) at the very least once. Yeah that telekinesis will be a problem. Someone who’s well versed with Kagura’s character will be much appreciated.

Her usage of telekinesis are questionable, she only used it once.

She fought against Asuka and Homura, both were skilled fighter by their own right but nothing compared to Akuma. Most of her fights end up being one-sided stomp so she is lacking in skills here.

She relies on spamming attack and teleportation so getting into H2H combat is not an opinion for her.

Her attack are multi direction and they home into target so Akuma should have hard time block or avoid them.

Space fliping can caused confusion for Akuma and she use it frequently.

After re-reading the thread and making other considerations, I think I'd give this to Akuma with some difficulty.

Space flipping and danmaku would surely give him troubles, but he has ways to get close, reply, keep up and avoid/defend from projectiles and such, on top of ap and combat skill superiority, and the instant-winning Shun Goku Satsu, which should instantly kill her (her immortality doesn't seem to be combat applicable, if I'm right).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back