• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Alex Mercer VS Batman

42d9ff6a5c67bb2c3c4772b32eb09719.jpg
968100d2d047b3e9a186780cc2f3b264.jpg

-
Early/Mid Game Alex (Prototype I).
-
Batman is unaware of Mercer's abilities but knows that he is dangerous. And Mercer is aware of Batman's reputation.
- Batman has no preparation time and has all his standard equipment.
-
Equal Speed.
  • The fight takes place during a dark night in Gotham City, 20 meters apart, neither of them has direct line of sight.
  • Alex only has his regeneration prior to the Supreme Hunter (Low-High Level).

Batman (Post-Crisis):

Alex Mercer:

Incon:

Alex only has his regeneration prior to the Supreme Hunter (Low-High Level).
You can't restrict a character's abilities like that. That is not how it works at this site.

I mean, you can if you want to, but this matchup would have no chance of being added to the characters' profiles if you do that. You can only restrict a character's abilities if they have certain tiers for their abilities (e.g. Character A is tier 9-A, but has X ability that is tier 5-B, so a matchup can be made where that X ability is restricted). You can't restrict character abilities not defined by tiers at this site.

Anyways, for this matchup:

Alex Mercer's regeneration is still Mid-High level over time even before the Supreme Hunter. There is no evidence that Consume actually increases the potency of a Blacklight shapeshifter's regenerative abilities after all, and we unfortunately have no confirmation or statement anywhere that proves that Alex has Consumed the Supreme Hunter, so it also can't be argued that Alex Mercer has actually gained anything after defeating the Supreme Hunter.

With Mid-High Regeneration over time, higher LS, infinite stamina against Batman's mere Superhuman stamina, Immortality (and Viral Physiology) against Batman's lack of Immortality, homing attacks that can follow after Batman that can render his dodging or even his stealth maneuvers into becoming irrelevant, infecting Batman with the Blacklight Virus if Batman gets scratched in any way even once, Reactive Evolution that should be able to adapt against Batman's freeze ray and liquid nitrogen (and other standard equipment) throughout the fight, and Absorption that works via touch...

Suffice to say, this is a stomp match, Prototype 1 Early/Mid Game Alex Mercer absorbs Batman without prep time via touch.

Admittedly, if this were Batman with Technology and Prep time, he would be the one that stomps Alex Mercer instead... But it will still be a stomp match, and stomp matches can't be added to character profiles.

Last edited:
You can't restrict a character's abilities like that. That is not how it works at this site.

I mean, you can if you want to, but this matchup would have no chance of being added to the characters' profiles if you do that. You can only restrict a character's abilities if they have certain tiers for their abilities (e.g. Character A is tier 9-A, but has X ability that is tier 5-B, so a matchup can be made where that X ability is restricted). You can't restrict character abilities not defined by tiers at this site.

Anyways, for this matchup:

Alex Mercer's regeneration is still Mid-High level over time even before the Supreme Hunter. There is no evidence that Consume actually increases the potency of a Blacklight shapeshifter's regenerative abilities after all, and we unfortunately have no confirmation or statement anywhere that proves that Alex has Consumed the Supreme Hunter, so it also can't be argued that Alex Mercer has actually gained anything after defeating the Supreme Hunter.

With Mid-High Regeneration over time, higher LS, infinite stamina against Batman's mere Superhuman stamina, Immortality (and Viral Physiology) against Batman's lack of Immortality, homing attacks that can follow after Batman that can render his dodging or even his stealth maneuvers into becoming irrelevant, infecting Batman with the Blacklight Virus if Batman gets scratched in any way even once, Reactive Evolution that should be able to adapt against Batman's freeze ray and liquid nitrogen (and other standard equipment) throughout the fight, and Absorption that works via touch...

Suffice to say, this is a stomp match, Prototype 1 Early/Mid Game Alex Mercer absorbs Batman without prep time via touch.

Admittedly, if this were Batman with Technology and Prep time, he would be the one that stomps Alex Mercer instead... But it will still be a stomp match, and stomp matches can't be added to character profiles.
I know, that's why I assumed that the Low-High level applied only to the Prototype I Early/Mid Game key. However, it seems that it doesn't count as a separate level by any means. I would debate Alex's regeneration level, but this is not a CRT, and besides, it seems that Batman doesn't even have a win condition here, so it's a stomp.

I am surprised at how many confrontations Alex ends up either stomping on someone or being stomped on in some way.

I know, that's why I assumed that the Low-High level applied only to the Prototype I Early/Mid Game key. However, it seems that it doesn't count as a separate level by any means. I would debate Alex's regeneration level, but this is not a CRT, and besides, it seems that Batman doesn't even have a win condition here, so it's a stomp.

I am surprised at how many confrontations Alex ends up either stomping on someone or being stomped on in some way.
He's literally just built different.

Back