• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Batman post-flashpoint additons

ABoogieYesSir

They/Them
Enhanced Senses: Can feel magic, senses Cheetah before the other League members

Perception Manipulation: Hypnotizes people to not know he's there

Enhanced Stamina: Isn't even fazed in a room with so little air that a normal human is knocked unconscious-Detective Comics (2016) #942

Limited Body Control: Is able to heat up his body temperature and melt ice

Limited Resistance to Poison Manipulation:

• Despite not sleeping for a week, being drugged and starved he rips apart a metal duct-Batman Eternal #17
  • Despite being poisoned a hit from Dr. Death that sends him flying across the room doesn't hurt him much-Batman (2011) #26
Limited Resistance to Ice Manipulation:

Limited Resistance to Fire Manipulation: Takes a flamethrower -Batman and Robin (2011) #28

Limited Resistance to Electricity Manipulation:

Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Stops a psychic reading his mind, has some control over his actions after being hijecked by 90 Billion Minds)

Resistance to Illusion Manipulation: with help from Alfred busts out an induced hallucinatio

Resistance to Mind Control:Withstands Black Mask's Mind Control

Resistance to Disease Manipulation: Engineered a virus that raises his body temperature enough to "sear"- All Star Batman #6

Limited Resistance to Acid Manipulation: Show here -BATMAN: DEATH OF THE FAMILY FULL

Resistance to Paralysis Inducement: he broke free of a paralytic

Equipment's:

Light Manipulation Utiity belt can release blinding light akin to a flashbang

Limited Flight via Cape Can basically fly by gliding, has an apparatus to assist in gliding

Energy Manipulation Can fire energy blasts at you

Energy Absorption His gauntlets can absorb energy to use later

Not sure what to call this but gauntlets can degrade shielding by touch and he has Batarangs that do this

Statistics Amplification Has Earthquake gauntlets that increase striking power

Adhesivity Has magnets in his boots that allow him to stick onto a plane

Fire Manipulation Batarangs have a "fire mode", has a mini flamethrower

Heat Manipulation Has heat fisticuffs

Regenerationn Negation Has batarangs that disable Joker's healing factor

Non-Physical Interaction Has Nth Metal Batarangs that harm Gentleman Ghost and a hostile ghost, has liquid nitrogen that affects Ghost Soldier despite intangibility

Limited Animal Manipulation Can summon Bats with technology

Ice Manipulation Freezes Talons, has a Freeze gu

Magnetism Manipulation Has magnetic batarangs that stick people to a trai

Duplication and Memory Manipulation: Perfected cloning and memory transfers-Batman (2011) #43

Biological Manipulation and Possibly Ressurection:

• The modern utility belt is confirmed to carry a set of lockpicks, a rebreather, antitoxins , laser cutter, kryptonite, batarangs, rope, fisiticuffs and a few other unidentifiable items-Detective Comics (2016) #937
Technology Manipulation:

Time Stop: Builds a device (stolen by Future Aquaman) that slows down time to the point that Flash is barely moving-Justice League (2016) #29

Information Analysis: Analyzes his rogue's tech to develop counter measures -Batwoman (2011) #18

Hacking:

Energy Projection: Laser cutter capable of cutting through a few inches of metal in seconds-Batman (2011) #3

Sleep Manipulation:

Acid Manipulation: Acid Batarangs - Detective Comics (2011) #20

Smoke Manipulation: Has a smoke grenade hidden in one of his teeth-Detective Comics (2016) #937

Electro-Magnetic Manipulation and Illusion Creation: He has EMP tech for his whole body, allowing him to disguise himself as anyone using a hologram -Batman (2011) #34

Sound Manipulation:

Ah damn I was gonna do this lol

But all of these seem fine with the exception of air and disease (I'll add my own later)

The Disease and Poison resistances don't seem right. In both cases he was affected by them but had the stamina to persevere through them.

@Hellbeast Yeah, that'd probably be best

You should ask Eficiente and Zark2099 to comment here.

>"Enhanced Senses: Can feel magic, senses Cheetah before the other League members"

No in "Can feel magic" as there is no evidence. The other feat is fine.

>"Perception Manipulation: Hypnotizes people to not know he's there"

I would say it's more of mind manip, it's good as such but it will need to be with prep time due to the lack of context.

>"Body Control: Is able to heat up his body temperature and melt ice"

Ok but Limited.

>Limited Resistance to Poison Manipulation:

• Could be just AP or comicbook bullsh*t.
  • Evidence of Dr. Death doing something with hits?
>Limited Resistance to Air Manipulation:

That is Stamina and should be added as such.

>Limited Resistance to Ice Manipulation

• The first is just to cold.
  • AP+He was using heat from his hands, which is Heat Manipulation.
>Limited Resistance to Fire Manipulation:

I mean he was burning from it, so no. Evaluating the rest other day, or week.

What Eficiente accepted can probably be applied.

@Eficiente I don't have the scan on me but it's in that crossover with WW where he differentiates between natural earthquakes and magical based shaking

Plus there way more I'll be linking later

Also here's more Magic Sensing

For powers via Equipment:

Electrical Manipulation (Has Electric Bolas, grappling hook can emit electric charge, batsuit redirects electric chargesand can produce electric blasts, emits electric shocks from gauntlets)

Explosion Manipulation (His utility belt can be detonated, his pockets are detachable and explosive)

Sleep Manipulation (His utility belt has powerful knockout gas, his cape has a patch of chloroform, can fire tranquilizers out his gauntlets)

Light Manipulation (Utiity belt can release blinding light akin to a flashbang)

Technological Manipulation (Has EMP'S capable of disabling Arkham Asylum)

Limited Flight via Cape (Can basically fly by gliding, has an apparatus to assist in gliding)

Smoke Manipulation (Has smoke bombs)

Energy Manipulation (Can fire energy blasts at you)

Energy Absorbtion (His gauntlets can absorb energy to use later)

Not sure what to call this but gauntlets can degrade shielding by touch and he has Batarangs that do this

Statistics Amplification (Has Earthquake gauntlets that increase striking power)

Adhesivity (Has magnets in his boots that allow him to stick onto a plane)

Sound Manipulation (Has sonic blasts that knocn back the Joker, has a resonance device that shatters glass and sonic grenades that can knock out whole crowds)

Fire Manipulation (Batarangs have a "fire mode", has a mini flamethrower)

Heat Manipulation (Has heat fisticuffs)

Power Nullification (Has batarangs that disable Joker's healing factor)

Non-Physical Interaction (Has Nth Metal Batarangs that harm Gentleman Ghost and a hostile ghost, has liquid nitrogen that affects Ghost Soldier despite intangibility)

Limited Animal Manipulation (Can summon Bats with technology)

Ice Manipulation (Freezes Talons, has a Freeze gu)

Magnetism Manipulation (Has magnetic batarangs that stick people to a trai)

Acid Manipulation (Has acid batarangs)

Sorry for the Wall of Text, next up is his prep based stuff

>"Limited Resistance to Electricity Manipulation"

He gets harmed by it in both cases. Why does this keep happening?

>"Resistance to Mind Manipulation"

In the first it would be to Telepathy and the guy doing it just sucks. In the second nothing says that the minds were stopping him from moving or talking.

>"Resistance to Possession: Overpowers bodily possession by Wraiths"

I'm getting none of that from that image.

>"Resistance to Illusion Manipulation: with help from Alfred busts out an induced hallucination"

That's good.

>"Resistance to Mind Control:Withstands Black Mask's Mind Control"

Yes.

>"Resistance to Biological Manipulation: Engineered a virus that raises his body temperature enough to "sear""

It's to Disease Manipulation.

>"Limited Resistance to Acid Manipulation: Shown here"

That's good.

>"Not sure what this one is but he broke free of a paralytic (Biological Manipulation maybe?)"

Status Effect Inducement.

What Eficiente has accepted still seems fine to apply.

I kinda agree but it has to be at least to be some kind of resistant.

The wraiths are showing them like memories, not possessing them.

Those things were just eating their misery by making them see tragic stuff of their lifes. And they achieved doing that. They weren't overpowered, they just stopped doing what they were doing.

This thread is already hard to digest like many others in this style, have you guys ever thought that people need to read the interpretation you give, then read the real stuff and then maybe make their own interpretation? The latter may not be the case as reading the real stuff should be enough, but replacing the interpretation you guys give with writing the real stuff word by word and a sincer narration of what's happening would make things far more easy. The interpretation you guys give, if it's correct, would then come from the people reading that.

Well if you have issues with how we approach writing down these powers I can direct you to the Mega Respect Thread which says the exact same thing

I agree that ABoogie has tended to make interpretations that do not fit with what is shown in the actual scans.

Anyway, I think that what Eficiente accepted can mostly be applied, with the exception of resistance to status effect inducement, which should be changed to resistance to paralysis inducement.

>"Light Manipulation Utiity belt can release blinding light akin to a flashbang"

Yes.

>"Limited Flight via Cape Can basically fly by gliding, has an apparatus to assist in gliding"

Yes.

>"Energy Manipulation Can fire energy blasts at you"

I think he was using special gauntlets there that are no part of his Standard Equipment. I'm gonna stop there because if that's the case then I have no way of knowing when the things there are applicable or not. Of course, it would go to his optional equipment at worst, but still.

What Eficiente accepted still seems fine to apply.

Back