• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baseline 9-B Tournament Round 4 - Seras Victoria vs Fanged Deserter

Destroying tanks is generally a 9-A feat, so that might mean Seras's Harkonnens is restricted, which would leave her with no ranged options.

While Deserter's fear manipulation says it primarily affects weaker creatures, Seras is described as prone to fear and emotional, and she's facing a monstrous, malformed, rotting creature accompanied with a rotting dog. He has ranged/versatile options with the Shoe, chain, hammer, hook, cleaver, saw and scissors, and has a 17% chance to inflict sepsis with every attack which results in death.

Seras is smarter but not by much, and Deserter's options cover a lot of ground and possibilities.

For now, I vote Deserter

The sepsis is too slow too be relevant, apparently.

It's worth mentioning Seras has a pretty big AP advantage since the Deserter is 9-C

indeed, almost twice above the max AP i allowed

Oh, ok. I retract my vote then, and will wait for comments.

Is 10 minutes really too slow? I mean, if Seras wins but is affected by sepsis, she'll die, too.

Seras is 34.96 KJ while the Deserter is 9.920 KJ, difference is 3.52x

Idk, Bambu made it sound like it'd take longer on Discord. Either way, it's not too broken.

The link on Deserter's equipment says the death by disease is 10 minutes.

That's a pretty big AP difference... So it's power vs versatility, I guess

Also, Harkonnens is restricted, it should be 9-A but even without that, it would likely upscale above Seras' tier enough to leave the upper AP boundary

Shouldn't we settle an equipment for the Deserter? It can have anything in a pretty long list of things, but it clearly doesn't have them all (it doesn't even have the LS necessary to carry all that stuff).

I guess those 6 items are possessed by default, but then there's another long list of weapons and tools it can carry, but not necessarily, I think, ot at least not all of them.

While Deserter's fear manipulation says it primarily affects weaker creatures, Seras is described as prone to fear and emotional, and she's facing a monstrous, malformed, rotting creature accompanied with a rotting dog.
So she is facing exactly what she faces on a daily basis? Like, really,fighting rotting undead corpses is her job.

has a 17% chance to inflict sepsis with every attack which results in death.
I doubt sepsis would do much to an undead blood-drinking vampire with super regeneration.

Destroying tanks is generally a 9-A feat, so that might mean Seras's Harkonnens is restricted, which would leave her with no ranged options.
I'm pretty sure Seras cannon hasn't demonstrated fragmenting a whole tank or anything. I would assume it shoots holes in them, which, as far as I am aware, is not 9-A. Pretty sure there are real-life 9-B anti-tank rifles.
It's also not on the profile as such, sooo....

Seras uses rain of bullets. It's very effective!​

Not sure either of those things are true, but ok.

Higher can mean anything...
Well, can Seras get a normal gun then? She used plenty of normal guns throughout her run, too, they are just not her standard stuff.

In that case, I suppose it makes sense to go with her Episode 1 gun:

I think she has good chances due to range, then. IIRC she can hit over 600m with that. Although she is also quite good in mid-range combat. Excellent aim, even when doing rapid fire.

They start at ten meters of distance, hopefully that gives the Deserter a chance although this sounds like a Seras win for sure. I'll wait for Bambu tho

The Deserter has the advantage in weaponry and powers, but Seras is so straightforward in this that it hurts. She can clearly overpower him physically and skill-wise, and tank many of the attacks.

I do wonder about the insta-killing artifact, though.

Alrighty.

Sepsis is too slow to kill, will just leave them very much ill. Basically imagine being sick. Not really a wincon on its own, more like a very minor advantage. It does kill faster than I recalled, but the match shouldn't last 10 minutes anyways so I don't believe this is a winning strike.

The horseshoe I feel is the primary thing since a cracked open skull is surely a devastating hit based on what I can tell from Seras. I dunno if they can survive due to being a vampire, the profile doesn't mention such a capability, but still. Exposed brains tend to be an issue, and he can indeed just keep using the weapon.

If the Deserter is ever truly in a shit position, an Omen can bring him out of it- undo a particularly bad hit, or make one hit deal a lot more damage.

Fear Manip means nothing here. Only works on "lesser beings" and I wouldn't classify vampires as that. The damage boost might help them overcome the gap of AP but I don't consider this fully likely.

I would like to note that his dog is actually not a bad piece of equipment for the fight- it is described as old but it has stats generally on par with the Fanged Deserter himself. Even with a 3.5x AP advantage, Fanged has a quasi-summon that's comparable to him, and the capacity to amplify his damage fairly significantly.

I also dislike the argument of range, given we're explicitly shown in the above link that she immediately closed distance to a few meters to nearly point-blank-shot the enemies.

I think Fanged can overcome a mere AP difference of 3.5x. So my vote to the Parliament of Teeth.

Sepsis is too slow to kill, will just leave them very much ill. Basically imagine being sick. Not really a wincon on its own, more like a very minor advantage. It does kill faster than I recalled, but the match shouldn't last 10 minutes anyways so I don't believe this is a winning strike.
Honestly, doubt it does much against an undead like a vampire anyway. Vampires are superior to ghouls and even those can only be killed by destroying their heart or brain.

The horseshoe I feel is the primary thing since a cracked open skull is surely a devastating hit based on what I can tell from Seras. I dunno if they can survive due to being a vampire, the profile doesn't mention such a capability, but still. Exposed brains tend to be an issue, and he can indeed just keep using the weapon.
Brain is an issue, cracked skull not so much. Unless a fragment of that skull pierces into the brain or something. With Seras' stat advantage cracking her skull is probably not that easy, though, right? With High-Low regen she can probably heal from minor fractures.

If the Deserter is ever truly in a shit position, an Omen can bring him out of it- undo a particularly bad hit, or make one hit deal a lot more damage.
Which way does that work exactly? How often can he do it?

I would like to note that his dog is actually not a bad piece of equipment for the fight- it is described as old but it has stats generally on par with the Fanged Deserter himself. Even with a 3.5x AP advantage, Fanged has a quasi-summon that's comparable to him, and the capacity to amplify his damage fairly significantly.
How capable is the dog? Can it just get shot?

I also dislike the argument of range, given we're explicitly shown in the above link that she immediately closed distance to a few meters to nearly point-blank-shot the enemies.
That was Seras in a blood rage, though.

Here, have some scenes of ranged combat:

Fair, though also being fair the disease functions against undead in-verse. I don't consider sepsis to be a huge deal in this match as all it would basically do if used is kill her after Fanged is already dead (assuming she won).

I mean. Yes, but the cracked skull damages the brain/leaves a fairly major wound on the body. And no, the boomerang just has an uncanny ability to **** up skulls specifically.

Omens are usable by most people in-verse one or two times per day (FD falls into the "most people" designation). It's described as being this twist of fate in which you swap yourself to an alt reality or something similar. The scan is here, if you'd like to read.

I mean. In the same sense that FD can be shot and Seras can be boomeranged, yes. It isn't immune to all damage lol.

Situations where she possesses the advantage of being able to sit tight and wait for the enemy as opposed to being immediately within 10 feet of them, as per this match. My point was moreso that when in melee, she seems to lack a real reason to get out of it based on the video above.

It's ten meters, actually, not ten feet. Though, I find it difficult to find a range that prevents Gun GG wins while also not putting them at a disadvantage, so if you two can compromise on a range that would be fair, I'm willing to change it.

I kind of agree with Venom. Seras's combat is simple yet so straightforward, and combined with the AP gap, a couple clean hits seem to be enough. The question is if Deserter's abilities can save/help him enough times to change the tide.

It's ten meters, actually, not ten feet. Though, I find it difficult to find a range that prevents Gun GG wins while also not putting them at a disadvantage, so if you two can compromise on a range that would be fair, I'm willing to change it.
'pologies, but still ten meters I think is fine. That's still a range at which a horseshoe boomerang to the noggin should be a considerable ******' disadvantage, and two enemies for her to deal with rather than one is a major boon. That and, again, at least a couple of times the FD can undo something should a truly devastating hit take place (brain shot, punctured heart, etc).

Should Seras get a quick revision to have guns added as optional equipment? Otherwise we can't add this to her profile, regardless of the winner.

Should Seras get a quick revision to have guns added as optional equipment? Otherwise we can't add this to her profile, regardless of the winner.
I mean, we're allowed to ignore higher AP stuff. The page makes a point of not actually stating what destroying a tank is, but it is still above 9-B.

Didn't we say she was allowed to have one of the generic pistols she usually has in the series?

But yeah she's allowed a generic firearm that is very fair

I mean, yeah, give her a gun, just don't give her the gun with the 9-A feat that just isn't mentioned to be 9-A on the profile.

That's still a range at which a horseshoe boomerang to the noggin should be a considerable ******' disadvantage
Anything stopping her from catching that boomerang? She has pretty good reflexes.

I suppose that depends on whether or not speed is equal since I just noticed it ain't listed as such and if it isn't, FD absolutely gets stomped.

I assume it's meant to be speed equal. However, in speed equal reacting to a single relatively large projectile thrown from several meters away should be possible. Unless that thing is like massively above his combat speed, but the profile doesn't really say anything regarding attack speed.

Possible, sure, like it isn't an immovable object or anything I guess. It is faster than him in that its comparable to things like crossbow bolts (so, Subsonic attack speed compared to his normal human speed).

I don't think "Seras can catch the super-boomerang" is a compelling argument but that may well just be me.

speed is equalized as per tournament rules and common sense, my bad.

Back