• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baseline 5-A Tournament (Forceful Solar Eclipse Club Meet & Greet)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
Has anyone noticed that the AP for Characters pushing the moon either into or out of a solar eclipse typically comes out as 5-B+ or lower end 5-A? Weird, right?

Anyway, new tournament for y'all to sink your teeth into. First one of these I'm making, so nothing too crazy or dramatic. Let's see how this goes...

Rules:
  1. 16 character limit in this tournament
  2. 2 characters per person
  3. 2 characters per verse
  4. All battles begin on the Long Ring Long Land chain of islands from One Piece
  5. Low to medium hax is preferred (Each character will be judged individually to determine their validity)
  6. Speed is equalized
  7. Must be within AP range of baseline 5-A (5-B+ characters are acceptable, as long as they are in range of baseline 5-A)
Pretty sure that's all of the necessary rules that need be laid out, though I am flexible if certain...complications arise. If any others need to be applied, please let this first-timer know. Thank you.

With all that being said, let the tournament begin!

1. Euden (Starter_Pack)
  2. Mega Man (Starter_Pack)
  3. Kyogre (Psychomaster35)
  4. Rayquaza (Psychomaster35)
  5. Eileen the Crow (Peppersalt43)
  6. Yusei Fudo (deonment)
  7. Kamen Rider Lazer (Jamesthetaker)
  8. Cure Beauty (Kflare63)
  9. Poseidon Nero (Zackra1799)
  10. Cure Peace (Kflare63)
  11. Majestia (Gilad_Hyperstar)
  12. Son Goku (Toei) (Gilad_Hyperstar)

Last edited:
Sonic has a currently pending calculation that is gonna bring him out of range for this bracket.

Also, isn't Mewtwo's mindhax kinda busted?

Last edited:
I'm feeling Fatalis for this, so I'll say him.
How potent is his Durability Negation, and his Dragon Element abilities as a whole? He seems almost fine, this just needs to be settled.

Edit: Wait, never mind. Fatalis has a 10X AP advantage over baseline 5-A. That's a stomp, so he's out.

How potent is his Durability Negation, and his Dragon Element abilities as a whole? He seems almost fine, this just needs to be settled.

One of his attacks, Second Nova, you can only survive if you hide behind pillars - you'd just flat-out lose if that hits you, if that's too cheap I'd see no quarrel in removing that. (This regarding Durability Negation)
Not finding too much on what else exists for dura negation. But, it seems what is present, match-ups wouldn't be shattered.

Offensively, Dragon is just strong against well, other dragons. It's basically just super effective damage. Defensively, it's weak to Thunder, Ice, and well, Dragon again, being neutral to anything else. There's no significant attacks the Dragon element has that'd shatter this, it's honestly just what Fatalis himself has, same to abilities and so on.

Yeah, so that would be fine, but again, Fatalis is disqualified because of its AP. My apologies.

Yeah, so that would be fine, but again, Fatalis is disqualified because of its AP. My apologies.

Huh, I only just saw that in your edit too... bummer. Sadly I do not have much ideas for replacements, so that's probably it for me. It's late so, if there's still slots, might see if someone comes to mind when I wake.

Slightly concerned about Absorption, Ice Manip, Density Manip, Size Manip and BHC.

How involved are these abilities in Firestorm's standard fighting style?
BHC is non-combat applicable and Jason has never used Size Manip or People Absorption in combat
He only used Ice Manip once and it was mostly a last resort
Jason doesn’t often use Density Manip (Intangibility) but when he does it's to phase through walls or to run away underground

As I said to Psycho...

Sonic has a currently pending calculation that is gonna bring him out of range for this bracket.

So, again, no.

BHC is non-combat applicable and Jason has never used Size Manip or People Absorption in combat
He only used Ice Manip once and it was mostly a last resort
Jason doesn’t often use Density Manip (Intangibility) but when he does it's to phase through walls or to run away underground
Alright. He seems okay then. Added.

I would like to add Yusei
Durability Negation so nice, it lists it twice.

Anyway, yeah, how does the Power Null, DuraNeg, Sealing, and Space-Time Manip work here? It seems as if these could be problematic abilities for Yusei here.

power null is if I remember right, just yugioh negation, in yusei's case it is negation of traps, negation of destruction and breaker being an aoe negation of everything, ally and enemy alike, this bypasses resistances since it can affect signer dragons, dura neg is destruction effects from what I remember, sealing is stardust sifr and light sense just being able to seal stuff and people and space-time manip is this

power null is if I remember right, just yugioh negation, in yusei's case it is negation of traps, negation of destruction and breaker being an aoe negation of everything, ally and enemy alike, this bypasses resistances since it can affect signer dragons, dura neg is destruction effects from what I remember, sealing is stardust sifr and light sense just being able to seal stuff and people and space-time manip is this
Sealing still sounds kinda OP. How in-character is it for Yusei to use his higher level hax?

This one's fine. Added.

Can I replace Kyogre with Superman?
I don't know...should I be aware of any particularly abusable hax from Superman here?

Isn't Reset...kinda broken in this instance? It sounds like he can just pull a Frisk and keep resetting the fight until he wins.

Isn't Reset...kinda broken in this instance? It sounds like he can just pull a Frisk and keep resetting the fight until he wins.
That is not how Reset works.
Imagine Thanos's journey to accquire Infinity Stones as a "game", Lazer can reset Thanos's "progresses" making the Infinity Stones disappears, all of his wound are healed but he lost all "items" and "stats" that he acquired in the "game".
The time itself doesnt reversed, only Thanos's "progresses"

This is equilent to turning Kirito back to level 1.

Last edited:
Isn't Reset...kinda broken in this instance? It sounds like he can just pull
His Reset function more like a powernull rather than the original Reset which is just a straight up time rewind.

Reset basically mean the opponent goes back 1 key. This impose a sort of "return to original state" status onto opponent. As seen by him basically negging Genm God Low 2-C ability out. It required him to hit his opponent and it can't reset to a certain point.

Sealing still sounds kinda OP. How in-character is it for Yusei to use his higher level hax?
he only uses it once in the manga, but even then it didn't work due to the thing already having been unsealed and his sense wasnt up to the point that he could seal tzolkin at that point, he does not use negation often bar the negation of destruction, he doesn't use space-time manip unless he summons sifr which is rare, and for dura neg, it depends honestly

Okay, so while I'm still not sure, I suppose I'll let Yusei and Lazer onto the list since their most broken hax seems too far out of the way to worry about, with both Yusei's Sealing and Reset seeming to be final gambit or finisher moves. If there's anything else that could be considered broken, I can tend to it then. But for now, yeah, you two are good for now.

According to what I've heard from a comic expert (Impress, to be precise), Superman literally cannot be used in his 5-A form in character, since this level is literally just him taking it easy on his opponents without going all out, a.k.a. his 4-B level. My apologies, but I would prefer if you chose someone else if you are replacing Kyogre.

Same judgement goes for Power Girl. Again, my apologies.

I might as well put

Last edited:
I might as well put
Yep, she looks good.

Added.

Also, yes, this is still happening, I just got side-tracked. Still accepting submissions here.

Back