• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bartholomew Kuma Fastest Movement in One Piece?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyOfLife

He/Him
VS Battles
Image Helper
It is stated that Bartholomew Kuma can teleport via movement since he repels
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

and people that can react to light speed can't see or react to him or someone else moving.
9.jpg
12.jpg
19.jpg
7.jpg
9.jpg
11.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg

Would it not be Infinite Speed on impact via his devil fruit?

Last edited:
He just repels himself at light speed. It’s not teleportation or infinite speed. It just seems like he’s teleporting.
But people that can react and dodge light speed think Kuma or others are vanishing or teleporting... It can't be light speed... So they can react and dodge small light speed lasers but not react to a 689 cm tall moving at light speed?

Last edited:
Still doesn’t make it infinite speed... all we know is it initially repels objects at light speed.

We even see him launch a rock into the sky, and it’s not instantaneous

Still doesn’t make it infinite speed... all we know is it initially repels objects at light speed.

We even see him launch a rock into the sky, and it’s not instantaneous

First I said infinite speed on impact via his devil fruit and that rock is moving the same speed it was moving before he repelled it same with these
10.jpg
17.jpg
... Also no where is it stated that he repels at light speed... It's only stated that the pad cannon repels air at light speed
Also just because we can see the rock doesn't mean it can't be moving at infinite speed... but we know and can see that he can deflect back oncoming objects with the same speed

Last edited:
that rock is moving the same speed it was moving before he repelled it...
That rock was sitting on the ground before he repelled it? How obtuse can you be. And catching people off guard and vanishing before people’s eyes isn’t infinite speed.

Im done entertaining this. It’s just flat out wrong.

That rock was sitting on the ground before he repelled it? How obtuse can you be. And catching people off guard and vanishing before people’s eyes isn’t infinite speed.

Wasn't that rock falling down from the big rock and why would he repel a rock that's on the ground?... it's not off guard when luffy is looking at the person that's vanishing

Last edited:

Also no need to get angry I'm not demanding anything I'm just showing and asking

...yes, because it's FTE for those characters.
🤔 maybe but then it would mean it's FTL but I feel like the way oda is showing it is teleportation via movement.... is there any databook on Bartholomew Kuma about his abilities?

🤔 maybe but then it would mean it's FTL but I feel like the way oda is showing it is teleportation via movement
All it means is that he scales above the FTL reaction speed by a lot. It could be a reasonable upgrade, but it doesn't qualify for Infinite Speed because it gets compared to teleportation, if that explanation clears anything up.

Wait actually that is a big rock he accidentally touched that got repelled
6.jpg

Haven't people done calculations based on viewing something as not moving before? Like iirc one of the 40k characters scales based on like viewing a light projectile as still, perhaps something like that could be done here. If not, just calling it psuedo teleportation is fine

Haven't people done calculations based on viewing something as not moving before? Like iirc one of the 40k characters scales based on like viewing a light projectile as still, perhaps something like that could be done here. If not, just calling it psuedo teleportation is fine
For me it's doesn't fully look like it's only Pseudo-teleportation but 🤷‍♂️

Kuma's power comes from the Paw-Paw fruit, and he has made a claim that he can repel air off at the speed of light, but i do not think he has made a statement on his own personal movement--or if he is even using his DF ability to move at such speeds (I might just not remember). We just assume it's the same for his body since he has gotten between Rayleigh/Kizaru while they were squaring off, and Zoro was incapable of tracking his movements (despite managing to barely react to the air-pads mid-flight).

Personally, I say Kuma is probably using his DF and CONSTANT repulsion until he hits a desired location before canceling it out by applying equal force the opposite direction so that he doesn't go flying off (or decelerate gradually). I think it's obvious he moves at light-speed while "teleporting", but this is something that can't be proven simply by observation. Sadly we need the canon or databooks to make a direct statement.

However, I forgot if we consider his Air Pads to have dura-negation or not. It doesn't seem clear on the profile. They should via his statements (and feats)

Kuma's power comes from the Paw-Paw fruit, and he has made a claim that he can repel air off at the speed of light, but i do not think he has made a statement on his own personal movement--or if he is even using his DF ability to move at such speeds (I might just not remember). We just assume it's the same for his body since he has gotten between Rayleigh/Kizaru while they were squaring off, and Zoro was incapable of tracking his movements (despite managing to barely react to the air-pads mid-flight).

Personally, I say Kuma is probably using his DF and CONSTANT repulsion until he hits a desired location before canceling it out by applying equal force the opposite direction so that he doesn't go flying off (or decelerate gradually). I think it's obvious he moves at light-speed while "teleporting", but this is something that can't be proven simply by observation. Sadly we need the canon or databooks to make a direct statement.

However, I forgot if we consider his Air Pads to have dura-negation or not. It doesn't seem clear on the profile. They should via his statements (and feats)
Is there any databook that talks about Kuma? Because of I think I remember that it states something about teleport 🤔 (could be the anime or something)

Last edited:
Anime comments are pretty much disregarded here if they in any way contradict the manga. So in short, we don't use them period (We don't consider the anime canon in any way due to a massive quantity of minor~moderate inconsistencies that don't make much sense, and also cuz filler is a thing)
  • Sanji KOing Drake with a DJ kick is probably the most recent contradiction in the anime (outside of Sanji also using Hardening, which is currently ambiguous in the manga) and it completely destroys power-scaling... Means Sanji's AP in DJ is > Drake who is likely > Page One who is > Raid Suit Sanji ... which doesn't make a whole lot of sense

I think if there was a comment from the manga, a random character said something about him "teleporting", but it's simply due to him being too fast to track.

Either way, teleportation is extremely unlikely given that his fruit involves repulsion, so it'd be actual movement, not warping. This is assuming he isn't teleporting via a device Vegapunk could have installed into his body, though. That'd be very interesting.

Anime comments are pretty much disregarded here if they in any way contradict the manga. So in short, we don't use them period (We don't consider the anime canon in any way due to a massive quantity of minor~moderate inconsistencies that don't make much sense, and also cuz filler is a thing)
  • Sanji KOing Drake with a DJ kick is probably the most recent contradiction in the anime (outside of Sanji also using Hardening, which is currently ambiguous in the manga) and it completely destroys power-scaling... Means Sanji's AP in DJ is > Drake who is likely > Page One who is > Raid Suit Sanji ... which doesn't make a whole lot of sense

I think if there was a comment from the manga, a random character said something about him "teleporting", but it's simply due to him being too fast to track.

Either way, teleportation is extremely unlikely given that his fruit involves repulsion, so it'd be actual movement, not warping. This is assuming he isn't teleporting via a device Vegapunk could have installed into his body, though. That'd be very interesting.
Yee I know... 😅 also spoiler but that's ok I only read sanji ko drake...
Still wouldn't he have FTL+ movement via his devil fruit ability or unknow since people that can react to light speed can't react to him moving? It's consistent and it won't scale to anyone or is there any problems? 🤔

The Sanji stuff isn't a spoiler. Stuff was covered dozens of chapters before current.

No one except for higher tier characters could even react to actual light-speed movement via Kizaru (and potentially the Pacifista beams) unless the attacks are heavily telegraphed (or far away). Only Haki users have been able to intercept such fast attacks. Zoro by the time of Thriller Bark was already tapping into his Observation and Armament Haki capabilities (Ever since Alabasta), thus he was capable of actually narrowly avoiding some of Kuma's attacks that could be comparable to the speed of light because he could tell where they would be.

Kuma would not be FTL just because he can vanish from the sight of characters who barely have time to notice light-speed movement (The only character who applies here is Luffy, but his capacity with Haki between the time of Sabaody and the Paramount War are clearly different... Kid can't really be argued since we can't tell if he had Haki pre-TS or not).

The Sanji stuff isn't a spoiler. Stuff was covered dozens of chapters before current.

No one except for higher tier characters could even react to actual light-speed movement via Kizaru (and potentially the Pacifista beams) unless the attacks are heavily telegraphed (or far away). Only Haki users have been able to intercept such fast attacks. Zoro by the time of Thriller Bark was already tapping into his Observation and Armament Haki capabilities (Ever since Alabasta), thus he was capable of actually narrowly avoiding some of Kuma's attacks that could be comparable to the speed of light because he could tell where they would be.

Kuma would not be FTL just because he can vanish from the sight of characters who barely have time to notice light-speed movement (The only character who applies here is Luffy, but his capacity with Haki between the time of Sabaody and the Paramount War are clearly different... Kid can't really be argued since we can't tell if he had Haki pre-TS or not).
Even for 2 very good observation haki users couldn’t see Kuma move
12.jpg

even luffy and ivankov couldn’t see Kuma move
8.png
9.png

Last edited:
OP seems incredibly wrong and looks like he doesn't even know it works

So you mean to say everyone that teleports gets infinite speed??
Lmao

Edit: Please read the vs wiki pages carefully before making threads on one

Infinite Speed (Able to travel anywhere instantly, or move an infinite distance within a finite amount of time. Teleportation does not count. For further information, see notes 4, 5 and 7 below.)

This thread should be closed

OP seems incredibly wrong and looks like he doesn't even know it works

So you mean to say everyone that teleports gets infinite speed??
Lmao
No because repelling requires movement and is stated to teleport... and I even said infinite speed on impact via his devil fruit

Again I said infinite speed on impact via his devil fruit.... if you are going to comment read the thread first
Tf does on impact suppose to mean??
Which effing infinite distance was covered on impact??
Or you just have no idea about what you are saying?

Edit: Please read the vs wiki pages carefully before making threads on one

Infinite Speed (Able to travel anywhere instantly, or move an infinite distance within a finite amount of time. Teleportation does not count. For further information, see notes 4, 5 and 7 below.)
I did read it... that’s why I said he has infinite speed on impact via his devil fruit because it is stated he can teleport and repelling requires movement... again I’m not making demands or requests I’m just showing and explaining what’s happening

I did read it... that’s why I said he has infinite speed on impact via his devil fruit because it is stated he can teleport and repelling requires movement... again I’m not making demands or requests I’m just showing and explaining what’s happening
Well your explanation makes no sense but continue then

Well your explanation makes no sense but continue then
Stated to be able to teleport, repelling requires movement and we have seen it slow down when repelled far away... it does make sense if you read what I said but 🤷‍♂️

Stated to be able to teleport, repelling requires movement and we have seen it slow down when repelled far away... it does make sense if you read what I said but 🤷‍♂️
Like I said you have no idea about what you are saying
If it was infinite speed on impact anyone that is touched will travel outside the one piece universe on that impact lmao.
That means they traveled infinite distance on that impact and one piece world is not infinite lmao, took roger less than a year to go round and conquered the sea.

So yes it still.won't be infinite speed on impact you just dont know what it means

Last edited:
Like I said you have no idea about what you are saying
If it was infinite speed on impact anyone that is touched will travel outside the one piece universe on that impact lmao.
That means they traveled infinite distance on that impact and one piece world is not infinite lmao, took roger less than a year to go round and conquered the sea.

So yes it still.won't be infinite speed in impact you just dont know what it means
So then how did kuma repel someone at the exact location he send them to... same with himself... he stops while he does his movement... what are you trying to say? And infinite speed It’s not about traveling infinite distance... it’s about traveling in 0 seconds meaning travel anywhere that fast... Kizaru’s light can travel infinite distances if that’s what’s infinite speed is since he can shot light infinitely

So then how did kuma repel someone at the exact location he send them to... same with himself... he stops while he does his movement... what are you trying to say? And infinite speed It’s not about traveling infinite distance... it’s about traveling in 0 seconds meaning travel anywhere that fast...
I'm done
Good luck tho

teleportation =/= infinite speed as it is something that kinda just puts you from one spatial coordinate to another

Infinite speed, as you stated takes 0 seconds to travel anywhere. Thing is, the impacts are not controlled. Basically Kuma's repulsion is like a shockwave that blows you away rather than controlled movement. Let's go to irl for this example.

Imagine you're some dude who is tier high 3-A who gets hit with an infinite energy blast that blows everything away. You see that blast will apply to you a portion of it's energy (the reason why if i kick a chair it will move some distance away). In case of infinite energy, infinity divided into anything besides infinity will still be infinity. Basically you will fly off with infinite energy which means that it will never end, unlike the case with Kuma where at one point it just stops. You can argue that it stops because Kuma wants to but then why did it take Luffy 3 days to arrive to the Amazon island? Makes no sense does it.
Basically if Kuma's impacts were infinite Luffy would end up at the other side or possibly the end of the universe before even a fraction of time passes so it cannot happen at "the moment" of impact or at impact overall.
Next is Kuma propelling himself. You see...it seems like he is teleporting but he is just moving faster than the eye can see. He is super fast, yes, is it infinite? no. Just saying that it feels like he is teleporting is not enough to warrant infinite speed and, not to mention, this isn't dragon ball where instant transmition is a thing, teleportation isn't always instant and can take a few moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back