• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ban on Yhwach & Kaguya vs other HST characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier_Blue

VS Battles
Retired
Note: This thread is staff only. But it should be okay for former staff members who are still trusted for their insight to comment here.

This thread:

Thread:1790205

^ And that is just one of many that quickly turned into a shit-storm. You all know how bad matches involving Yhwach and Kaguya can get.

Look, I'll avoid typing out a damn wall of text and get right to the point:

I propose an insertion in the Discussion Rules and Versus Thread Rules that bans all matches involving Kaguya and Yhwach against other characters from the Holy Shounen Trinity (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach).

Wording:

Please avoid making versus threads involving Kaguya Ōtsutsuki and Yhwach being pitted against other characters from the Holy Shounen Trinity (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach). These threads tend to turn very bad and derail quickly. The staff are tired of dealing with them.

I agree with this, both sides have been quite obnoxious though no offense to either of them. And it is part of the Vs Thread rules to avoid controversial match ups.

Instead of placing bans on these types of match-ups, perhaps what the editors here should be doing is to provide a more detailed explanation for why Kaguya/Yhwach's abilities work, or don't work against other characters in HST involved in that match-up.

Encouraging explanations for what Yhwach/Kaguya's abilities are, and compare the abilities that the other opponent has in his/her arsenal to see if that opponent has any abilities that could possibly match, or stop Kaguya/Yhwach's abilities/physical stats.

That is how a VS battle between these kinds of characters should be done. Not like what happened in this thread, which looks like it slowly ended up derailed into a chaotic durbish.

@Knight of annihilation asked this:

Perhaps we should ban Naruto vs Bleach threads as a whole? It seems to be a beef between the fandoms as a whole rather than a specific character thing.

^ Of course, this is an extreme step. And many will consider it an overreaction.

Yhwach and Kaguya especially, it's a similar case with Goku Vs Superman; I know DBZ Vs DC Comics ban got lifted, but there are some staff who aren't a big fan of that revision. An alternative is not banning the crossovers, but forbidding them to be added to Victories and losses.

Soldier Blue said:
The main problem with matches involving these two and other HST characters is fanboys/girls quickly turning hostile. The debate about the characters themselves just ends and people start insulting each other and the other fictional work's fandom.
Not entirely sure what the big deal is between these fictional match-ups where people have to resort to throwing insults at each other.

If these match-ups are getting that bad, then it might be best to ban these match-ups for a while, just to see how people react to the ban. But then, an entire ban between one series vs another one seems a bit, too extreme for implementation?

Maybe your original proposal regarding Kaguya/Yhwach should be implemented, just to check what the users here think of the ban.

Soldier Blue said:
@Knight of annihilation asked this:
Perhaps we should ban Naruto vs Bleach threads as a whole? It seems to be a beef between the fandoms as a whole rather than a specific character thing.

^ Of course, this is an extreme step. And many will consider it an overreaction.
i think it depends on the character. if i could maybe give a suggestion?

Madara vs Bleach Characters

Aizen vs Naruto Characters

Kaguya vs Bleach Characters

Yhwach vs Naruto Characters

should be avoided or prohibited as these are the characters that tend to create shitstorms

Madara is basically Kaguya Jr, albeit gender reversed, and Aizen is like the one character who went toe to toe with full power Yhwach single handedly. There's also the whole, "Aizen's version of Genjutsu >>>>>> Every Naruto Genjutsu put together" argument. Between any of those 4 characters weren't much different to all the various Kaguya Vs Yhwach threads.

ShieldsPlus said:
Should a reason be provided for why these specific match-ups are banned?
It could be worded like this:

Kindly do not make the the following versus match-ups. Such threads tend to turn very bad and derail quickly. The staff are tired of dealing with them.

How about just banning Naruto and Bleach period? Neither verse can get through a CRT without flame wars

Unite My Rice said:
How about just banning Naruto and Bleach period? Neither verse can get through a CRT without flame wars
Yes. This was already suggested. I just want more input.

Kepekley23 said:
He meant banning the verses from ever going through Content Revision Threads, Versus Thread or anything.
Oh... That joke just flew over my head.

Ban Vsbattles hehe

In all seriousness though Bleach vs Naruto death battles always derive into shitstorms no matter where you go, it probably would be best to ban them in general.

Kepekley23 said:
He meant banning the verses from ever going through Content Revision Threads, Versus Thread or anything.
This seems to be too extreme to be implemented, considering that changes are proposed to these verses happen once in a blue moon or something.

It'd be better to just let people propose revisions/Versus threads and whatnot for these series; if they make sense, implement them. If the revisions don't make sense, reject them.

Don't need to be so restrictive about it.

@Soldier Blue

If you have added the rule, we can probably close this.

Should we also discuss a potential rule banning matches between the main characters of Naruto & Bleach? Those can also get pretty damn bad. But if you think it's not needed and that we're done here, I will close this.

I suppose that you could continue the discussion then, yes.

Soldier Blue said:
Should we also discuss a potential rule banning matches between the main characters of Naruto & Bleach? Those can also get pretty damn bad. But if you think it's not needed and that we're done here, I will close this.
Like how bad are we talking?

I'm late to this but, I am against this, strongly against this, not in principle, but in reason. As I said before, if people want to act like animals over fictional debates, they do not belong here. How hard is that to understand? Is it too strict? Constantly banning matchups in itself is strict. Pick your poison. I just don't like the idea of banning these simply because a bunch of fanboys can't behave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back