• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Meh actually, I guess it can wait. What Damage and Anonymous said about the 4-0 espada fully scaling to the CO calc instead of a 1/10th of it has been on my mind too. Plus hopefully we can discuss post resurrection Ichigo’s ratings as well
What's wrong with their physicals scaling to CO?

It's never stated their physicals are 10x weaker than CO, it's only stated that CO is 10x stronger than their regular Cero's.

CO only broke Ichigo's mask without Ichigo blocking, it did next to zero damage to him beyond that, Ulquiorra was able to easily cut through Ichigo's mask and damage him underneath with his swings even when Ichigo literally blocked the attack with Getsuga Tensho.

I don’t disagree with you on Ulquiorra easily damaging Ichigo when he blocked his attack, but his CO ****** Ichigo up lol. Man lost not only his mask, but almost all of his bankai cloak and was extremely wounded. That said, they could very well scale to the full yeild of CO since Ulquiorra’s first attack seemed pretty casual

And Aizen was sure and confident that he can cancel it easily by his Reiatsu, he even said to bruh raise this restriction power as high as you can im gonna destroy it using my Reiatsu, and there that quincy appeared, then even Kyoraku said to Aizen please be quiet for a while. The context of the scene clearly says Aizen was gonna surpass the restriction power via Reiatsu
it is possible that aizen could break out, but I doubt that as he let yhwach do it for him and thanked him, safer to say he can't but likely could break someone else out if he wasnt restricted and someone else was (like what yhwach did)

Because it makes no sense for Ceros (which have always been relative to their striking) to be a magnitude weaker than anything else they can do. I’d say more but Damage is gonna have a CRT on it so we can save it for then.

I don’t disagree with you on Ulquiorra easily damaging Ichigo when he blocked his attack, but his CO ****** Ichigo up lol. Man lost not only his mask, but almost all of his bankai cloak and was extremely wounded. That said, they could very well scale to the full yeild of CO since Ulquiorra’s first attack seemed pretty casual
Ichigo seems to be relatively unharmed from taking CO directly without even blocking imo, though you are right about half his outfit getting destroyed.

Regardless, at the very least R2 Ulquiorra should scale to CO fully due to literally breaking Ichigo's entire mask with just a punch, he wasn't even using the lanza sword.

Anime shows it better but the same sequence of events happened in the manga.

So it's not like they're unscalable to CO in terms of physicals, they demonstrate very similar feats.

it is possible that aizen could break out, but I doubt that as he let yhwach do it for him and thanked him, safer to say he can't but likely could break someone else out if he wasnt restricted and someone else was (like what yhwach did)
Yhwach destroyed the chair, not the restrictions that was used to keep his Reiatsu close, which is why he could not take down Reiokyo as it was explained by Kyoraku

Because it makes no sense for Ceros (which have always been relative to their striking) to be a magnitude weaker than anything else they can do. I’d say more but Damage is gonna have a CRT on it so we can save it for then.
I guess? Though I don't think they're completely relative, I can't really remember the last time a regular Cero actually did something other than being effortlessly blocked or thrown aside.

Yhwach destroyed the chair, not the restrictions that was used to keep his Reiatsu close, which is why he could not take down Reiokyo as it was explained by Kyoraku
yea you are right, my bad

either way it doesn't change much, if the chair was bothering him (it was as he thanks yhwach, and states now he can stop him after the chair broke) and he could actually break out of the restrictions he would've to break out of the chair while at it as that is what's binding him to the chair

and he was going to fight yhwach while he had restrictions on, dont you think he would've destroyed them if he could when he is about to fight the guy who is about to nuke the verse?

either way it doesn't change much, if the chair was bothering him (it was as he thanks yhwach, and states now he can stop him after the chair broke) and he could actually break out of the restrictions he would've to break out of the chair while at it as that is what's binding him to the chair
iirc the chair was made from sth which can tank Reiatsu or sth, Aizen said it was built the same way as the cross in muken. Whatever, Im not arguing weather he can destroy the chair or not here so I dont get this point honestly.
and he was going to fight yhwach while he had restrictions on, dont you think he would've destroyed them if he could when he is about to fight the guy who is about to nuke the verse?
as for this, it doesnt eliminate his Reiatsu it only restrain its range, he is a melee fighter right? its not like he was suppressed or using like 10% of his power, he was at his full power there, only his range wasnt at max, even tho his range was still impressive when he was on the chair, even against Yhwach, his Reiatsu covered the whole area.

He only needed a massively wide range when he wanted to shoot down the palace, which is where he was going to destroy the restrictions if the Quincy didnt stop him

iirc the chair was made from sth which can tank Reiatsu or sth, Aizen said it was built the same way as the cross in muken. Whatever, Im not arguing weather he can destroy the chair or not here so I dont get this point honestly.
you missed my first point, I wasnt arguing about whether he can or cant destroy the chair, but how he wouldve broken out of the restrictions (as that is whats binding him to the chair) if he could as the chair was clearly bothering him based on what he said.
as for my second point you debunked it.

nvm I remembered this, they do suppress his reiatsu the scan you sent said they dont "eliminate" which is different than suppressing. And if aizen could break out easily as you claimed at the start he would've logically broken out already.
This either means
1-he cant break out
2-takes a lot of effort and time

you missed my first point, I wasnt arguing about whether he can or cant destroy the chair, but how he wouldve broken out of the restrictions (as that is whats binding him to the chair) if he could as the chair was clearly bothering him based on what he said.
as for my second point you debunked it.
oh you mean the restrictions that keep his Reiatsu close are the same ones that are binding him on the chair?
And if aizen could break out easily as you claimed at the start he would've logically broken out already.
When I said "easily" I didnt mean he will be setting and just move as if its nothing, but if it appeared that way I take it back. I meant that if he tried to remove them they wont be like hard and he will be shouting.
I remembered this
eh, doesnt this sound like a contradiction? I mean if it means making it weaker or sth?
he and Kyoraku both said "it only keeps it near you", it only keeps it close, only.
not weakening it, After that Mayuri said all their efforts were to restrain the power along with the body which means the same thing afaik.
perhaps its suppressing him by keeping his range in control, so he cant use his powers freely, or perhaps it makes his power weaker therefore the range becomes smaller, I think the 1st one makes more sense because they said it only keeps your reiatsu close.
This either means
1-he cant break out
2-takes a lot of effort and time
I wont touch this until u answer my first question because maybe Im missing sth so I want u to clarify it

I guess? Though I don't think they're completely relative, I can't really remember the last time a regular Cero actually did something other than being effortlessly blocked or thrown aside.
Base Grimmjow blew through a Black Getsuga with his Cero even though BGs can harm him. A Cero one shot Ichigo’s Mask while his BG only damaged Ulq’s clothes. Cero > Bala > Rez Yammy’s physical attacks. Pretty sure there is more stuff but those would be the most relevant and directly comparable.

oh you mean the restrictions that keep his Reiatsu close are the same ones that are binding him on the chair?
almost there, what I tried to say is he could break out of the chair by removing the seals around his hands due to the way he is bound to the chair through them (as the straps that keep him locked in are around the seals on his hands)

perhaps its suppressing him by keeping his range in control
this is unlikely based on context in that scene, range wouldnt have anything to do with how long aizen is being affected by nanana's ability, unless less range = weaker spiritual energy as u said after this, so the latter seems to make more sense

almost there, what I tried to say is he could break out of the chair by removing the seals around his hands due to the way he is bound to the chair through them (as the straps that keep him locked in are around the seals on his hands)

this is unlikely based on context in that scene, range wouldnt have anything to do with how long aizen is being affected by nanana's ability, unless less range = weaker spiritual energy as u said after this, so the latter seems to make more sense
Wasnt the chair making him weaker or something like that?

Wasnt the chair making him weaker or something like that?
Aizen specifically got stronger, nothing was weakening him, they couldn't eliminate his reiatsu, so instead they kept it close to him, to eliminate is vast influence. Seeing how if Aizen didn't have his reiatsu restrained near him he'd probably be able to blast out of Muken or sumn.

Aizen specifically got stronger, nothing was weakening him, they couldn't eliminate his reiatsu, so instead they kept it close to him, to eliminate is vast influence. Seeing how if Aizen didn't have his reiatsu restrained near him he'd probably be able to blast out of Muken or sumn.
oh so u agree with me on this point

Shouldn't Vasto Lorde be a x15 or x10 multiplier?

Vasto Lorde normal Cero canceled Cero Oscuras that is a x10 multiplier and the form boost him to be above Ulquiorra who transformed twice.

Shouldn't Vasto Lorde be a x15 or x10 multiplier?

Vasto Lorde normal Cero canceled Cero Oscuras that is a x10 multiplier and the form boost him to be above Ulquiorra who transformed twice.
That's not a solid basis for a multiplier. And in any case Ichigo already scales to Ulquiorra for his feats there.

That's not a solid basis for a multiplier. And in any case Ichigo already scales to Ulquiorra for his feats there.
1. Ulquiorra releases his sword twice which equals bankai by Urahara and Mayuri's statement who are the most reliable characters in the verse. Even when opposed to each others scientists ways they agreed on that part. Is like Ulquiorra releasing two bankai.

2. Ichigo goes from been destroyed by first release Ulquiorra to stomping Segunda release Ulquiorra + Cero Oscura confirmed x10.

How is that not solid. Depending how you rate bankai multiplier, last time was x7 right? So a x 17 multiplier.

Huh? Didn't you say Aizen got weaker, I'm confused...
If you read my whole discussion, my original point that the restrictions didn't suppress his Reiatsu or make him weaker, and I used his statement, Kyoraku's, and Mayuri's. Zoro brought a scan for Kyoraku saying the opposite so I said it sounds like a contradiction and tried to put explanations to compromise between the contradictory statements.
My point about the chair is a bit different, actually I think it was smh weakening him, that's if we are treating the chair and the restrains as separated two things, if you think they are the same then ofc I will go with the explanation of "it only keeps his Reiatsu close", Zoro is the one who was arguing that Aizen was weaker not me, I was actually trying to debunk it lol

If you read my whole discussion, my original point that the restrictions didn't suppress his Reiatsu or make him weaker, and I used his statement, Kyoraku's, and Mayuri's. Zoro brought a scan for Kyoraku saying the opposite so I said it sounds like a contradiction and tried to put explanations to compromise between the contradictory statements.
My point about the chair is a bit different, actually I think it was smh weakening him, that's if we are treating the chair and the restrains as separated two things, if you think they are the same then ofc I will go with the explanation of "it only keeps his Reiatsu close", Zoro is the one who was arguing that Aizen was weaker not me, I was actually trying to debunk it lol
Ohhhh gotcha lol

Well Chair Aizen’s Kurohitsugi > the one he used on Ichigo so it’s not like the chair is weakening him by any noticeable amount. Anything else is speculation.

I always assumed that while Aizen was stronger in the tybw arc than he was during his fight with Ichigo, if you took him out of the suit he would be even more of a monster than he already was.

I always assumed that while Aizen was stronger in the tybw arc than he was during his fight with Ichigo, if you took him out of the suit he would be even more of a monster than he already was.
He might be but all the suit does is make is reiatsu structure unstable and keep it close, without it he’d have quite the range.

Do we treat GRC as superior to Cero Oscuras?
  • It's stated to be the ultimate Cero in both the manga and databook
  • It's stated to be forbidden within Las Noches, Cero Oscuras has no such restriction.
To clarify, I'm obviously not equating Grimmjow's base GRC to R1 Ulquiorra's Cero Oscuras, rather as an example, I'm saying Ulquiorra's R1 GRC would be unquantifiably superior to his R1 Cero Oscuras.

Do we treat GRC as superior to Cero Oscuras?
  • It's stated to be the ultimate Cero in both the manga and databook
  • It's stated to be forbidden within Las Noches, Cero Oscuras has no such restriction.
To clarify, I'm obviously not equating Grimmjow's base GRC to R1 Ulquiorra's Cero Oscuras, rather as an example, I'm saying Ulquiorra's R1 GRC would be unquantifiably superior to his R1 Cero Oscuras.
Yeah the GRC is treated as the strongest Cero and is stated such.

If R1 GRC > R1 CO > R1 Cero, doesn’t that mean that Novel Grimmjow Desgarron = x8 R1 Luppi GRC is even more crazy than before? Cuz if the two are relative enough in both base and R1, and Desgarron is Grimm’s strongest attack, Desgarron is kinda bullshit strong.

I don't know why I never thought of this before, but, how in the world does Cero Oscuras get 6-B for destroying a portion of Las Noches's roof but GRC gets High 6-C for being able to destroy the entire thing?

I don't know why I never thought of this before, but, how in the world does Cero Oscuras get 6-B for destroying a portion of Las Noches's roof but GRC gets High 6-C for being able to destroy the entire thing?
CO vaporized the roof, meanwhile GRC just uses the ground based explosion formula.

Back