• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You will never find a scan of the Medallions sealing Kido because that is utterly pointless. They are meant for Bankais because those are the trump cards of literally every semi relevant Shinigami and this comes at the cost of sealing away the Ritter's Vollstandig which is an even bigger amp than Bankais.

Using the Medallion? Yeah, just go see where she meets Sajin for the first time, chapter 496, same page As Nodt, Cang Du and BG9 steal Byakuya, Shiro and Soifon's Bankais.

Not even gonna touch the Luck part. Looked annoying in the CRT, amd it looks to be proving me correct rn.

His bombs are irrelevant though. Also no meaningful AP advantage? Come on dude. Just no.

Vollstandig Bambi >>> Base Bambi >= TYBW Bankai Sajin >>> TYBW Shikai Sajin > TYBW base Sajin > FKT base Sajin > SS base Sajin = Nnoitra fight/post Ichigo Kenny = Santa Teresa > Pantera >>> base HM Grimmjow =< base Ulq >>> Visored training Mask bankai Ichigo >>> Visored training Bankai Ichigo > SS Bankai Ichigo > Bankai training Shikai > post Kenny Shikai Ichigo = SS patchless Kenny ">>> SS patched Kenny = Shikai Shiro = passively 522 megatons" or "= Bankai Shiro = passively 657 megatons."

Compare this to Meph's < Mordred = Herc > Excalipoke > Shirou's Morgan > Angry Manjew > unborn Manjew = 610 megatons. Arguing that her AP/dura is similar to his NP, if not stronger, is child's play. And please don't ask "why is she 7-A?" cuz I have no clue beyond the awful reasoning I was told when I asked that myself, that you can't upgrade people beyond the tier the calc is ... despite us literally doing that all the time.

He needs to use his NP for her to steal it. If he leads with Tick Tock and she her Medallion, nothing happens and we just proceed on with the fight except he doesn't have his NP now. Speaking of, it can't even one shot the base calc she scales from unless its Shikai Tenso Jurin which even then is unlikely considering the number is passive and she also has Blut Vene to amp her defense which no sells attacks from comparable people.

You, and a lot of people, need to stop taking "comparable to noble phantasms" as saying "comparable to the A+ Anti-Army noble phantasms that are among the most powerful". An extremely common and ordinary C rank noble phantasm is comparable to a normal A or A+ rank attack, yet we decide this magecraft scales to the stronger NPs? Can someone explain this faulty logic?

Blank already explained that.

But Tamamo isn't Meph...? Having a similar skill doesn't mean we can assume everything is the same. Especially when Tamamo hasn't shown spells even similar to the ones Meph's description claims to be capable of, nor Meph's spells anywhere similar to the ones Tamamo has.

The luck servants have and the intrinsic luck needed to survive are not the same though... Otherwise, just being around Meph would put you in mortal danger and we know this isn't the case. Unless you'd have scans to prove this? And they never have been defined, but we for sure have been told for what they apply - like resisting Gate Of Skye, Gae Bolg, getting a chance to resist things like Meph's bombs appearing in you, etc. If you wanna claim it affects someone basic ability to aim and combat, provide proof. You are giving luck a function and a definition never shown in the series and backed by nothing.

Why would you start them at close range when he can just spawn bombs inside of her? Though she can still just make distance by speed amping away. And from Meph's personality, if he does get bombs inside, he's gonna play around with her instead of exploding them.

Medallion can only steal bankai or abilitiy with similar nature with bankai, and medallion is power Absorption, it's not a sealing abilities or power null. I prob will create their crt later, it also weird on why how nobody never address this for some reason.

Because the CRT will go nowhere. Resurrection is literally nothing like Bankai, is just the Arrancar sealing their natural powers in their sword, and that can be stolen too. Not to mention all Bankai are widely different.

Also, if you use the medallion to take the Bankai, you steal it. It's sealed for the shinigami, they cannot use it. I am sorry but, it's incredibly dumb that you wouldn't call that power null - it would imply the opponent can use their power after it's been stolen, which they cant, because it's been stole.

It's not power null or sealing ability because you steal the power, you not nullified the power or seal it and there are reason why we didn't give anyone with power absorption, sealing and power nullification in their power and abilities section because it's different and it require different form of resistance to resist, ask Gerard Valkyrie how his resistance to power null help him in any way to resist his power get take away when Yhwach assholen his power.

That is semantics. Nobody said its literal powernull, at least I didn't, is just a better way to explain things by terminology everyone knows.

However, sealing is totally a go. The bankai IS sealed. "The second type of sealing involves removing or locking attributes or even concepts of a target. Examples include sealing a target's magic or ki energy, or even their movement or consciousness. This type of sealing denies the target use of these aspects rather than specifically placing them in another object. These effects can be temporary or permanent depending on the user." This is literally in our very own Sealing page. The fact that they can use it afterwards is just a consequence, not the main reason for the use of the medallions.

>Because the CRT will go nowhere. Resurrection is literally nothing like Bankai, is just the Arrancar sealing their natural powers in their sword, and that can be stolen too. Not to mention all Bankai are widely different.

Haha, first so far everyone agree with my crt and second, all bankai maybe difference in abilities but not in the fundamental nature on how their work, all you need to do is to steal their zanpakuto spirit and you stole their power

> However, sealing is totally a go. The bankai IS sealed

Thats maybe true that its fudamentally the same way, but the thing is it more accurate to call it power absorption because you literally absorb their power, sealing technique won't allow the users to automatically use that sealed power but all power absorption will, that's the difference and hence it more accurate to call it that way.

I thought by CRT you meant clearing out Power Null isn't a thing from the way your comment went, if its just adding Power Absorption then yeah it makes sense it was accepted.

I am not so sure its just power absorption though, as the medallion is the place its sealed. At any point did a Bankai come back because the Quincy was defeated and not because something was done about the Medallion?

Anyway, its best not to continue this here as is derailing from the match. Do you have any thoughts about the match itself, Mach?

>At any point did a Bankai come back because the Quincy was defeated and not because something was done about the Medallion?

No, it's because hollow power is poisonous to quincy, so they just add hollow powers to the stolen bankai and suddenly their bankai is come back to them, thats also why they never stole arrancar resurrection. But thats pretty much a plothole since 60 chapter before that quilge has absorbed a giant hollow with no side effect.

>Do you have any thoughts about the match itself, Mach?

Nope

I would think that's more because Medallion leaves the power unfiltered and said power remains independant of the state of the possessor, like the Bankai of someone already dead, while Sklaverei just outrights rips off the constituent Reiyoku and at that point its just pure energy. .

Daaaang, there goes one potential vote.

It's been several years, but I have a question regarding Mephistopheles:
Why doesn't he have Curse Manipulation when the majority of his powerset revolves around them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back