• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Azure Striker Gunvolt Discussion Thread 2: Insert running joke for every Gunvolt discussion thread after this

Although technically speaking I believe post limits are much larger in this format so Gunvolt 3 will probably come out before the third discussion thread. Here's that picture of Gunvolt 3 again.

latest

I see it, though that isn't a scan, it's just a forum summary from what I can tell.

Oh that.

That is a direct translation of the Dangeki magazine profile of Milas.

These magazines are made directly from the creators themselves, and every character has one

This is Desna's for example, what you see there is just a translation of it, but for Milas. This applies for all the other scans you see
hm, do you by any chance have an doc with all the translations for said profiles?

Okay so the CRT is basically done, I'm just working on page quality now, and that seems like an appropriate thing for this thread as it has nothing to do with powers and stats. The type of quality changes I'm attempting to make can already be seen in Blade and Tenjian's files, as well as Gunvolt. But for the latter, since I don't have Gunvolt 1 or 2 on Switch, I'm going to need some help finding the gifs I need. Here's what I'm hoping to get my hands on, and it'd be appreciated if someone could help out on that:

Septimal Burst: Compare the difference in EP regeneration with and without it, meaning you'd need two separate clips to compare

Septimal Shield: Same thing, but for the amount of damage taken, preferably by a strong attack to tell the difference

Septimal Surge: Same thing, but for attack, would prefer to show how much the difference is utilizing a single hit attack like Luxcaliber or Crashbolt

Infinite Surge: Show how it can basically keep Flashfield on forever, and that it doesn't even use EP for Prevasion, so two clips, one for holding down Flashfield for awhile, and another to abuse Prevasion

Prevasion Spam: Just have a screenshot of the instruction manual that says that Gunvolt becomes "Pseudo-invincible" as long as he still has EP

Grand Strizer: A clip of Grand Strizer completely one shotting, or close to it. You'd need to rack up Kudo's points throughout a stage, so set it to the Gutless setting for this. While Kudo's is 100% a game mechanic and has nothing to do with the lore at all, it is implied that Grand Strizer is supposed to be an amped up Luxcaliber, and I want that to show.

No need for Alchemical Field, it's basically useless

And I'll handle the rest, Gunvolt is probably the only one where I would need this kind of help.

For those who believe that this is on thin ice with the abuse of game mechanics, keep this in mind:

Unlike Kudos, EP and SP are representations of Gunvolt's limits as to what he can do, EP is the limit to how much he can sustain Flashfield and Prevasion, and he has methods to manage it better via his Skills and recharge abilities, as well, it's a representation of what happens when he exceeds that limit, via the Overheat mechanic, while these don't really exist, they do a great job at representing it better to us, the players. SP is the same thing, its a good guideline for us to know how much a Skill takes out of Gunvolt, even if its not real, it again gives us a good idea on what his limits actually are. Without them, Gunvolt would frankly, be even more overpowered than he already is.

It's quite a hassle, but I want the GVverse to be better represented, it's one heck of a good world, and I feel like I need to make it better, so if you guys want to help on that regard, let me know.

Seeing Blade and Tenjian's profile's after being changed, I gotta say, it looks amazing. Maybe we could put the Haiku in quotes, similar to how some fate profiles do it?

Hm, seems like a good idea, go for it, should be easy

Should you need to change the verse page more with more additions to the terminology, go ahead, I made changes to that too, I was hoping we could add pictures of sumeragi and stuff but idk

Organizations don't need explanations on a verse page.
For this series only what an Adept is should be covered plus the power summon thing the bosses do I guess.

Jota is done, working on Merak, it seems like I'll being doing the Gunvolt stuff last since I can't find the gifs needed listed up above

Last edited:
Also another note, Utashinai is 55.99 km, apparently the smallest city in Japan, so if we calc that for Tenjian's feet for the absolute minimum lowball, we'd know just how far it can go down.

It's just a reaction face.
For real, I guess I'll look for anti-feats for the 8-A thing when I get the chance.

We're not going through this again my g, that was settled in the CRT. The 9-A feats were effortless, and if you somehow manage to succeed in the current feat down, we can just pull an unknown like over here, since again, we have a featless verse save for feats that can't really be measured, just like the characters below

and

Both of those are awful profiles that have clearly measurable things people don't even bother to try and go for

That said I swear to fork if you try one more 9-A downgrade I am going to play the entirety of this franchise to push for like, 7-B or something on sheer principal

Nah, I don't have high expectations over the downgrade actually passing, and TBH I would rather just wait for what kind of feats ASG3 brings up.

Should we make Human form Asimov one section when I get around to him?

I think that the human form Asimov should be able to do the same exact things as his Hologram counterpart, considering the weapons he uses.

Asimov's first key should just be Low 7-C, there's no need to separate weapons and his physical capabilities if they're the same tier, and the Striking Strength section should be adjusted to Low 7-C.

Oof.

I heard that Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 was coming out, but I fell off after the first game highkey lol

I'm gonna need to do a refresher of ASG1, play ASG2 (even though I think I kind of got the gist of that one), and then finally make my way to ASG3 when it comes out.

I wonder when will Joule get yeeted form 9-C as an strongest for that non-smurf tier.
All of her "haxy" abilities are either situational, minor or not combat applicable, and the Mid-High regen is arguably wank
She can legit lose to a wild animal considering that she doesn't even know how to fight on that key.

I meant when we do get the info, also, it's technically today for us since it's on the other side of the planet, I've been looking forward to it, I'll give information when it's over

Also Mav, you missed a lot my man, a lot of lore will slip right past you if you just play the games, though playing the games should be enough for our purposes.

Okay, so this is what we have so far, its nothing new, but it's there for confirmation

Movement and Character Flow

Movementwise, Kirin plays exactly how Gunvolt would, with the continuous dash, etc. However, her swordplay is like Zero's, specifically like from X4, this means a triple slash, and in addition, a dash slash.

As expected, her gameplay flow is throwing her talismans at oppositions to immobilize (and removing contact damage) and tag them, before slashing them. Most small fry are completely one shot by this combination, as the talismans turn their health bars purple, indicating that the next sword attack will deal quite a lot of damage. However, the tags don't last long at all, meaning you can't take your time, and the faster you dispose of an enemy, the more Kudos you get (60 if you go fast).

Kirin does not have Prevasion, and currently the dog does nothing but follow her, she also doesn't have her lightning attack. People say that it might be implemented into her somehow. That, I hope is false because I personally like Prevasion off (hope for GV not having it too)

Kudos

The only difference here is that when you take damage, instead of losing your Kudos, the Kudos are simply locked at their current state

Enemies

Apparently, there is a dog like enemy like those from Zero 2

One of the bosses available is the scythe guy, his special attack teleporting from place to place slashing at you, before getting on a green ghost rider bike.

The other is a turtle like gang member with martial arts moves, his attacks involve oil and fire for a flaming battlefield. His special attack has something to do with flame pillars like Viper, making you get closer to him

Other

The health refills look the same as in LAiX.

SP Skill fonts look the same as in GV2, not as in LAiX

I'll edit this as more information comes out

Last edited:

More information

Also, maybe note that Teseo can one shot with digitization somewhere in his profile? If not I can probably fix it when I get there

Back