• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Azure Striker Gunvolt Discussion Thread 2: Insert running joke for every Gunvolt discussion thread after this

Now that Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 is out, I want to outline a few things:

First: If anyone is wondering about profile progress, you can check them in:

As you can see, there are very unfinished right now. And there are a lot of reasons why this is going to take awhile

1. I've been taking a ton of notes on pretty much every detail in this game, there is a lot to cover, and I have very high standards for gifs, so I can capture every aspect of each move and detail etc. I need to shift through ALL of these notes and make sure I cover everything.
2. There will be Bitsummit which seems to feature some sort of DLC update that isn't just material that is crossovers like in iX2, I want to wait for those to come out first
3. The game is new, so... that's obvious
4. CRTs, simply put, there are potentially surface wiping characters right now, and we... kind of need to put that in, and CRTs take quite a long time
5. All the character images aren't even out yet as I type, not even ZED's full image is out yet
6. There are over 150 Images pulses, and 66 of them are "Active" image pulses, while other Passive ones do give notable effects. The Image Pulse system is unfortunately Gacha, so it will take me a long time to create Kirin's profile in terms of gifs.
7. The possibility of Dengeki Profiles is intriguing, the Final Boss's SP Skill (same with the duo bosses) is also lacking in explanation, so I want to wait instead of guess what it even is.
8. A lot of Kirin's abilities are quite varied, as they power null, but not all the way, capture Image Pulses like pokemon, stop people from going berserk I guess, build up concessive force, lower defenses, all of these not really being... connected....

With these in mind, would you rather just have profiles out fast, but with no gifs and a substantial drop in the usual quality (let's ignore the Paradise Lost gif for Zonda, I need to deal with that at some point, but I do have suitable footage fortunately) or, would you guys like to wait for me to get everything set and have every gif ready at the beginning?

Last edited:
It'd be best to at least get accepted tiering and hax stuff, so that when the gifs are done the stuff can be quickly indexed.

Oh, and also, there's the fact that I am not completely devoted to this at the moment- there's summer school going on, and I really want to work on my own game before I get a mid-life crisis about not ever accomplishing anything in my life, so I won't be utterly grinding Gunvolt 3 (because I did grind iX2 for a bit and that was exhausting)- so if you want gifs don't be expecting it to come out in less than a month, there is a lot of new stuff for this game especially- although a non-gif version is much more manageable. just that it'll erk me.

According to Sidier:
Confirmed that Tsuda said extra modes, extra boss(es) and extra scenario as things planned to be added in the future (Announced in GV Info Station #49, 8/10/22). Part of the update(s) will be showcased at TGS (9/15-9/18) and will be playable
Looks like we'll have to wait till then. I was planning on just sucking things up and at least getting some profiles done, but I want to wait until this stuff is out so we don't need to pass so many unneeded CRTs

However, I did decide to suck things up and do some gifs for GV, you can look at it in my Sandbox.

I decided to suck it up. Gunvolt is done. Unless you count Moebius-GV. The only things to add would be showcasing that GV can prevade like, everything

Am planning to get Kirin (which is even more stuff), BB, Moebius, and Zed done before I do the CRT

Looks good to me, though I'd add that Zed's Rexcalibur Image Pulse is explicitly stated to be able to raze countries, as extra justification for that AP rating. I don't disagree with it but it's better than the justification that's currently there.

Don't worry I got it, Zed also has the feat where he turned a stormy nighttime into morning with his mini sun thing, so I can calc a small sun feat (that's the H6-B)

It is done. Finally.

This thread isn't dead is it? I just wanted to mention that Moebius' 2-A Astral Order has to be called into question due to a recent downgrade on branching timelines

Ask @Duedate8898 for more details on the downgrade

The justifications don’t just stem from that, Copen in iX2 states that there are probably infinite other universes currently existing in the cosmology- in the game where he gets visited by people from other universes while being isekai’d into one. So it should be okay

Besides, that thing merely talks about branches that re-merge again back into a single timeline (making those timelines finite and therefore infintesimal compared to an infinite one), which isn't confirmed to happen with Damnatio Memorie (sometimes called Astral Order when they get BFRd) being the best evidence (bring that it "attracts other universes" and BFRs GV into it (or not at all based on the Image Pulses equipped), in which they are implied to return to the main timeline with no changes at all from what a merging would really do- create impossibilities like Zonda being alive in GV3, GV says "kirin we gotta find a way back" and crap), which in itself would be a 2-A ability for taking a structure that wasn't going to merge back into one (a 2-A structure) and turning it into one timeline (L2C). Even then, Astral Order STILL sees multiple possibilities that cannot be assumed to merge again into one timeline without Damnatio Memorie, and while GV destroyed the world in every one GV says that its multiple futures not just one single timeline. In addition, these alternate universe actually exists since we go into those universes in the DLC, as well, as the iX and iX2 universes existing

Last edited:
Our current pages already cover it as we list Damnatio as EE, no need. I guess I can put the clarifications for this particular situation in the Astral Order Blog

Again, there's gotta be definitive proof that the timelines merge together, and there's pretty much no way to do that at the current moment, especially since one of the timelines is Asimov living until GV3 instead of GV1 with his longevity, which is impossible to actually happen naturally to even merge them into one identical timeline

besides these alternative futures actually do exist as separate universes (see iX, iX2 / Kirin DLC, and the many possible worlds that u can get BFR’d into refered to as Possible Futures Moebius Attracted)

Last edited:
Mountain level+ (Comparable to Blade, as her Septima was taken directly from him. Considered to be the strongest Adept by Sumeragi), far higher with Skills (Septimal Surge doubles his damage),

Shouldn't Gunvolt be large mountain level with skills if it doubles his damage?

mathmatically the damage done is indeed doubled in game, but apparently according to VS Battles rules, multipliers have to at least be stated by a source other than game mechanics, which- doesn't exist.

"“Gunvolt Information Bureau 75th episode” will be held from 9pm on Thursday, April 4th, with MC IKKAN and “X of White Steel” series “Electronic Song Spirit (Cyber Diva)” RoRo Mayu Mineta, who plays the role, will be broadcasting a special extended episode! Is there something to announce?" - YouTube description

looks like iX3 is on its way, I guess this moves up my schedule more instead of waiting for the new Drama CD, I have a big CRT planned but I do need to actually get started on it

But considering that it's a lot, not only am I gonna have to split it into parts, but I'll also just have to leave out the big boy things that require massive blogs like Layers, Crossover Scaling, etc. for another time. At least, depending on the release date of iX3- because along with all of that I actually have to finish the GV3 profiles, along with fixing up pages like Asimov who doesn't have all the gifs in there

Last edited:
Back