• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

At least 6-C Ash or...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
So... Paul is at least 6-C, while Ash is High 7-A, despite Ash beating Paul... what?

My best guess for this is because of how Paul easily mowed down half of Ash's team with Drapion, but I disagree with this because:

1) Staraptor and Buizel were already damaged/tired from previous battles (aka Gastrodon) while Torterra had a type disadvantage (doesn't mean much in the anime, but Drapion was packing Poison Fang so...)

2) The main reason they were worn down was because of Toxic Spikes, which gradually damaged them. Ash even realizes that it's because of Toxic Spikes that his Pokemon are going down so quickly, as shown when he switches to Infernape and uses a Dig/Flare Blitz combo to eliminate Toxic Spikes.

Conclusion: Ash and trainers comparable to him should be at least 6-C alongside Paul (this may also apply to Pokemon on their teams, such as Ash-Greninja going up to at least 6-C, but I'm not 100% sure), or Paul gets nerfed to High 7-A.

I might be wrong but I think Paul's At least 6-C rating is grossly outdated and can be traced back to when final state mons were tier 6, they were downgraded to At least 7-A and most likely someone forgot to update Paul's profile.

If that's the case, that needs to be addressed, because it throws the entire scaling out of wack

Paul should probably be At least 7-A for having the advantage against Ash's team and with his Electivire even holding its own against the blaze Infernape. One could make the argument that Ash at this stage was "At least High 7-A" for defeating two of Tobias' Pokemon, though he only beat Volkner because of his Infernape's blaze amp and it's unknown how much stronger he got. Ash's profile (and a lot of trainer profiles in general) could do with a lot more work. Imo Ash should have keys for each generation's season.

I think Paul going down to simply High 7-A should be fine for now, since it matches him up with other end-of-series rivals like Gary and Alain

You should ask Cal to comment here. He will probably know.

Sounds like a good idea. I'd asked Cal for help on another page as well, and from my very little experience on this wiki, I can tell that he's very helpful in the Pokemon department

Yes. He knows much about Pokemon.

the 6-C is outdated.

i would like someone to give ash 4-B because of him using melmetal who is 4-B

Oh lord that's a debate for another time. I brought this sort of thing to attention previously in a thread about buffing Ash's Pikachu, and basically, the scaling for some Pokemon can be incredibly flawed, such as the UBs being 4-B just because "Zygarde came to Alola because of them" (which doesn't even reflect their AP to begin with), which led to Silvally getting buffed for fighting UBs, Zeraora getting buffed for fighting Guzzlord in the anime, and Melmetal getting buffed for fighting Gladion's Silvally in the Alola League.

DragonGamerZ913 said:
Oh lord that's a debate for another time. I brought this sort of thing to attention previously in a thread about buffing Ash's Pikachu, and basically, the scaling for some Pokemon can be incredibly flawed, such as the UBs being 4-B just because "Zygarde came to Alola because of them" (which doesn't even reflect their AP to begin with), which led to Silvally getting buffed for fighting UBs, Zeraora getting buffed for fighting Guzzlord in the anime, and Melmetal getting buffed for fighting Gladion's Silvally in the Alola League.
The UBs clashed with the tapus and the tapus are compared to solgaleo and lunala who hold over 50% of Ultra-Necrozma's power. Zygarde is 4-B for fighting UN in both the 50% form and the full form. The scaling makes sense to a point.

The Axiom of Virgo said:
I might be wrong but I think Paul's At least 6-C rating is grossly outdated and can be traced back to when final state mons were tier 6, they were downgraded to At least 7-A and most likely someone forgot to update Paul's profile.
^

This

@Cal

Okay. Thanks. That is probably fine to change then.

So do we change Paul to High 7-A to match the other end-of-series rivals?

Hey, just wanted to draw attention to this again since it kinda faded out, but is it okay for me to go ahead and change Paul to High 7-A in place of his original At least 6-C?

I made the changes, so I think it's fine to close this thread. I don't think anything else needs to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back