• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asta vs. Natsu (Black Bull vs. Fairy Tail Member) (Voting Completed)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
Ever since it came out, I constantly hear people saying that Black Clover is just a carbon clone of Fairy Tail, and maybe Naruto. So what better way to test this than to put the protagonists of both of these series together in a battle to the death? So, who truly is the greatest wizard around? Today, we find out!

In the blue corner, we have Asta from Black Clover, and in the red corner, we have Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail.

Asta transformation colored
Fairy tail 477 natsu thanks 500 watchers by ichigovizard96-da21fci
-This is a battle to the death. No holds barred.
-Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.

-Neither character are allowed outside help.

-The battle takes place just outside of the Fairy Tail guild, giving Natsu the clear home advantage.

-This is a fight between "Post-Second Origin Base" Natsu and Base Asta, though Asta can switch to his Demon Form if needed. Also, Natsu's Power of Friendship is also restricted unless needed.

-Speed is equalized.

With all this being said, let the debate begin!

Asta: 7 (Theglassman12, Hizack123, ZackMoon1234, Unforgiven0815, Kilofiercevids11, Veloxt1r0kore, DodoNova2)

Natsu: 3 (DemonGodMitchAubin, 101bijou, Captain Torch)

Inconclusive: 1 (Hst master)

Well Asta seems to have the edge here via being able to absorb Natsu's magic, which Natsu is unable to do since he's fighting someone that doesn't use fire.

Question. Does giving Natsu his Power of Friendship change anything?

Inconclusive

Natsu actually has the experience here and along with being more likely to go CQC then stay and be long range like the type of mages Asta is used to fighting. Asta's Swords still give him an advantage, as he becomes resistance to Natsu's strikes in his demon form and can shave Natsu's magic. Although Natsu has the ap advantage to even this out ultimately. I see them knocking each other out then going to get something to eat from Mira inside the guild.

If they're bloodlusted and it's to the death, then honestly Natsu's Rage Power and experience is gonna come in and burn away Asta, because Natsu, has been shown with skills, to easily take care of TWO somewhat equal opponents, by reading their exact movements and where their, strikes would be, plus he has the AP advantage which would, even out that Anti-Magic, plus with his Rage power, he's been shown to burn away magic, so I don't know if hat could work, but it might, honestly I give this to Natsu, but only if it's to the death

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
If they're bloodlusted and it's to the death, then honestly Natsu's Rage Power and experience is gonna come in and burn away Asta, because Natsu, has been shown with skills, to easily take care of TWO somewhat equal opponents, by reading their exact movements and where their, strikes would be, plus he has the AP advantage which would, even out that Anti-Magic, plus with his Rage power, he's been shown to burn away magic, so I don't know if hat could work, but it might, honestly I give this to Natsu, but only if it's to the death
First off, I'm not making them bloodlusted, and they're in character for the fight. Second, isn't Asta's whole schtick the fact that he has no magic to burn? Because I'm not sure his sword really counts as a spell.

Still, I'll go ahead and add that as a vote for Natsu.

If its to the death, And Natsu is in Character, than he would be bloodlusted, for him to want to kill someone, unless you want to change the conditions of the battle

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Also natsu have a experience against sword user(erza) once natsu sees his magic is not working he can use other attack like(throwing stones or something like that) and if he able to seperate asta from his sword then ....

throwing stones isn't going to do anything. Not to mention there's a difference from having experience with a sword user, and experience against someone who can absorb and reflect magical attacks.

Theglassman12 said:
throwing stones isn't going to do anything. Not to mention there's a difference from having experience with a sword user, and experience against someone who can absorb and reflect magical attacks.
Absorb magical attack is like nullify it, like i says erza was doing it for many times against natsu( using her flame empress armor) once he see him deflecting or absorbing his attack , he will stop doing it, and try to use h2h, also i don't remember if asta is a trained fighter like natsu, its not the 1st time he is fighting people who can nullify magic attacks like franmelth,yuka, ultear etc

Asta is pretty good in hand to hand combat too But natsu is more skilled, however Asta got blade that extend his melee range.

I'd say Natsu because he has more experiance in fights and he has fought against sword users (Erza) as well as nulifiers (Yuka) before so it'll give him an idea of how to fight Asta. Even without using his magic, he's still pretty tough.

Asta because he have FTL Combat speed (idk if Speed eqalized means combat speed equalized to tho) and he can just cut Natsu Attacks or Deflect it back to natsu.

Isn't for the 1st time natsu fighting someone who can neglect magic or reflect it, if elemental magic is not working natsu can do that by h2h

9TailAcno said:
Isn't for the 1st time natsu fighting someone who can neglect magic or reflect it, if elemental magic is not working natsu can do that by h2h
Even worse, in H2H, Asta still has his two sword to cut and nullified his fire attack in H2H and Asta can also protect himself with his blade and also add Black Meteor Form and this is worse for natsu

DodoNova2 said:
9TailAcno said:
Even worse, in H2H, Asta still has his two sword to cut and nullified his fire attack in H2H and Asta can also protect himself with his blade and also add Black Meteor Form and this is worse for natsu
I mean as long as natsu see magic is not effected on him he can use h2h(and use fire to boost is attack(like against yuka, where he use fire indirectly))

Also black clover people can't use magic if you close thier book or something like that?

Can't Asta only deflect/null mid and long range magic? Natsu is mainly a physical fighter. Also absorption is only in the Demon Dweller, the Demon Slayer reflects attacks and nulls long range magic attacks

Also Natsu has shown proficiency in fighting without flame enhanced attacks (sting and rouge are the perfect example)

I'm still inonclusive tho

Alright, so the vote tally is 7-2-1 in Asta's favor. I'm enacting grace period now, and I'll give Team Natsu 24 hours from this post to try to convince everyone that Natsu would be able to win, or that this match is inconclusive. So, have at it!

Useless at this point, but I also vote for Natsu. This match is pretty clear cut - even if Natsu might have the CQC advantage, the fact that Asta can nullify his magic gives Asta a pretty solid win.

Back