• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asta (Pre-Timeskip) Vs. Monkey D. Luffy (Pre-Timeskip) (9-L-0) (Concluded)

Asta (Pre-Timeskip) Vs. Monkey D. Luffy (Pre-Timeskip)

• Fight Location: Burger King
  • Battle Music
  • Starting Distance: 10 Meters
  • Eye of the Midnight Sun Arc Asta will be used
  • Water 7 Arc Luffy will be used
  • Win by death
  • Speed Equal
  • Both in Character
Asta: @Kazuma_kuwabara @SuperStar @Arnoldstone18 @XDragnoir @Greatsage13th @Popted2 @Acer__ @GoldExPoints @DemonicDude
giphy.gif

Luffy:
200w.webp

Inconclusive:
200.webp

Last edited:
I think the One Piece supporters are busy with revisions, so that means we call the black clover supporters and spam fra

Last edited:
Welp, let's see here.
Asta can consistently hurt Luffy here because he's a swordsman, check. He can't null Luffy's Devil Fruit though, since Devil Fruits don't operate the same way Magic does. That's kinda like expecting Eraserhead to null Goku. They both have RPL but it only really matters for Asta here since he has the initial disadvantage, but it should disappear pretty quick with how small the gap is. Ki + Kiato's Swordsmanship also gives Asta an edge.
Luffy definitely takes skill, Asta's by no means stupid (in a fight) but Luffy's skill feats just in East Blue are ridiculous. He has the range to keep Asta at bay, and he could probably use Absorptive Power to copy Ki and match Asta there.

Oh wait no, Asta may not be able to cut Luffy since I just remembered Anti-Magic only becomes sharp when cutting magic and is dull everywhere else. Devil Fruits aren't magic so yeah, this just became a lot harder for Asta.

Oh wait no, Asta may not be able to cut Luffy since I just remembered Anti-Magic only becomes sharp when cutting magic and is dull everywhere else. Devil Fruits aren't magic so yeah, this just became a lot harder for Asta.
Isn't Demon Dweller sharp by itself?

Anyways Damage Reduction + Accelerated Development and Precognition for Asta
What's the AP gap
Cause I think a prolonged fight won't favour Luffy

Even without anti magic they are still swords they can still cut and stab without the powers

Anyways Damage Reduction + Accelerated Development and Precognition for Asta
Luffy has all of that too y'know, and the advantages are literally at the top of the thread. Anyway, I think I'm leaning towards Luffy with his superior creativity and skill + range + stamina.

Not during Water 7, no sorry mb. But I feel like he could just as easily copy ki off of Asta anyway
How So?
BC Chapter 17, despite Asta hitting Mars' body directly and hurting him, there are no cuts or bleeding. I remember there was a statement too, but I can't seem to find it
Well, his first sword is more for blunt damage and reflecting attacks.

His second sword is better suited for this fight, it can slash and stab and attacks with this sword is faster than the original

His second sword is better suited for this fight, it can slash and stab and attacks with this sword is faster than the original
It is indeed faster. Welp, I couldn't find any evidence and I don't wanna watch everything again so I concede to that point

I have read Luffy combat inteligence (again) and while he is very good, I think Asta has a combination of traits that could give him the victory

Luffy for example found ways to defeat Enel even with his early Haki advantage, problem is that Enel needed to predict his attacks and Luffy found ways to capitalize that, but with Asta, who is not predicting attacks but rather is sensing a energy made by movement, emotions etc, there is no way Luffy can throw off him

Luffy initial and probably superior for the rest of the fight because both could grow up during this fight Ap advantage, would not be super useful because Asta can decrease the potency of attacks he recieves, meanwhile, Asta is exploiting his weakness and while no one had the ******* idea of attacking Luffy limbs while he is streching (except Mihawk for what I remember, because he is a chad), Asta with Ki, could counter him

Luffy however, could just overpower Asta with his superior LS and could BFR, Asta then must return to the battlefield and can perfecly do that with his stamina, he run from the Black Bull base to his village in less than a day, if he lands of water then is gg for him, this depends of luck to be honest

Both can mimic, but because I think their entire combat kit is different and Luffy has never mimic a swordman, while Asta has never mimic a brawler, this is useless or both mimic eachother and is pointless

So, because Luffy with Haki clearly would just be a better Asta, he would just win, but here without Haki, Asta is basically an Enel that is at least 75% as skillful as Luffy, and is using his weakness rather than being the one countered

Even worse, Luffy trying to predict Asta could end in him recieving a free hit because Asta has movements that are unable to be read, this is different from Kuro who is attacking randomly

I think Asta wins with high difficult, 5.5 out of 10, both almost has the same powers but Asta having Ki while this Luffy is not using Haki yet is the main difference of why Asta can win more often

PD: And I thought about "But what if Luffy mimics Ki"

Why did Luffy not mimic early kenbushoku Haki from Enel then? Luffy would need to learn how to sense movement energy and read emotions, the funny thing is that he can already "read" emotions with the voice of all things, but that works more like he can just "understand" animals and is extremely rare when he use it

Finally: Luffy has good stamina, but Asta fought zombies for hours and can fight even while at the brink of death, so both are extremely similar, with Luffy having an edge if anything (I am not counting Impel down+ marineford, with that, Luffy is superior by far, but this is Water 7 Luffy and we don´t scale Zoro's stamina from Thiller bark to his earlier keys for example)

Last edited:
Back