• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Does it make any sense for Ash Williams from "Ash vs Evil Dead" to be tier 9-B in "VSBattles"? In the history of Evil Dead, in Ash Williams' book "Necronomicon" was written a prophecy, which said that Ash Williams was the savior of the world, and that he could defeat any and all evil existing. Doesn't that information make Ash Williams a multiversally strong character? A character that can defeat literally any evil in existence as long as it is truly evil should at least be categorized as "minor" ranks like 1-A 1-B 1-C, 2-A 2-B 2-C, etc. It would be very interesting if the moderators of the page "fix" the true power shown by Ash Williams in the fandom. What do you think?

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................No.

To elaborate, this is typically considered a "No Limits Fallacy", since as I understand it's not known that evils of such strength exist in the Ash vs Evil Dead universe, and even if they did it's not known how he would defeat them.

By this logic, any protagonist that can defeat their antagonist would be as strong as what the OP says

By this logic, any protagonist that can defeat their antagonist would be as strong as what the OP says
I don't think it's the same thing, like, it's literally a prophecy (which in the Evil Dead universe is completely real and true) that says that regardless of the force of evil, "El Jefe" will always stop it. It makes perfect sense to me that he's a character worthy of a higher rank. Think about it.

To elaborate, this is typically considered a "No Limits Fallacy", since as I understand it's not known that evils of such strength exist in the Ash vs Evil Dead universe, and even if they did it's not known how he would defeat them.
Okay, okay, it may seem a lot like what you said, even similar to the case of Saitama, but Ash has already had very important victories to remember, such as the one in the comic called "Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash" in which Ash faces Freddy Krueger (7-C) and Jason Voorhees (7-A), and in this comic he finds a way to defeat them both, and he does. Now stop to think: how Ash Williams, a simple human being with a shotgun, a chainsaw and some "Street Level" spells managed to defeat such powerful names capable of reaching "better" ranks like rank 7 for example? Does that make Ash Williams a god? Certainly not! However, it shows that he has acquired enough strength to defeat two incredibly "stronger than him" characters completely alone (is it because he can defeat any existing evil?). The least that should be done, in my opinion, is to match his levels in the fandom.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................No.
check my new comment please

Okay, okay, it may seem a lot like what you said, even similar to the case of Saitama, but Ash has already had very important victories to remember, such as the one in the comic called "Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash" in which Ash faces Freddy Krueger (7-C) and Jason Voorhees (7-A), and in this comic he finds a way to defeat them both, and he does. Now stop to think: how Ash Williams, a simple human being with a shotgun, a chainsaw and some "Street Level" spells managed to defeat such powerful names capable of reaching "better" ranks like rank 7 for example? Does that make Ash Williams a god? Certainly not! However, it shows that he has acquired enough strength to defeat two incredibly "stronger than him" characters completely alone (is it because he can defeat any existing evil?). The least that should be done, in my opinion, is to match his levels in the fandom.
That simply could be just based off his knowledge on either Jason or Freddy given that he probably used their weaknesses against them by assuming what you mean by "finding a way" to beat them. But either way, that would just be tier 7 for Ash. And I don't really see how just because you beat Jason and Freddy instantly means that you can just simply beat all evil, it just doesn't work that way.

Last edited:
He simply transcends all “evil” characters in terms of strength. Overtime obv

I don't think it's the same thing, like, it's literally a prophecy (which in the Evil Dead universe is completely real and true) that says that regardless of the force of evil, "El Jefe" will always stop it. It makes perfect sense to me that he's a character worthy of a higher rank. Think about it.
That’s a no limit fallacy, you are assuming his ability to defeat evil has no true limit. Which is strange, considering you are also capping him at very arbitrary tiers, like 2 or 1.

That simply could be just based off his knowledge on either Jason or Freddy given that he probably used their weaknesses against them by assuming what you mean by "finding a way" to beat them. But either way, that would just be tier 7 for Ash. And I don't really see how just because you beat Jason and Freddy instantly means that you can just simply beat all evil, it just doesn't work that way.
Ash briefly "banished" Freddy from the world with Necronomicon spells (and managed to make it practically impossible for Freddy to harm him in the dream world, as his mind is so powerful), while with Jason, he froze him under a lake. I'm not saying that's why he is an omnipotent being, but that already shows that he is SURELY not as small a tier as he appears in the fandom.

That’s a no limit fallacy, you are assuming his ability to defeat evil has no true limit. Which is strange, considering you are also capping him at very arbitrary tiers, like 2 or 1.
If you interpret my text correctly you will know that I am not saying that he is an omnipotent being, in fact it is a very debatable subject.

Ash briefly "banished" Freddy from the world with Necronomicon spells (and managed to make it practically impossible for Freddy to harm him in the dream world, as his mind is so powerful), while with Jason, he froze him under a lake.
So basically, he didn’t need to hit them, and thus his tier wouldn’t increase.

Also, this is more of a question than an actual CRT

A blatantly incorrect take that hinges on a massive no limits fallacy that assumes without any particular reason that Ash's chosen one status counts for anything outside his multiverse, and also that his chosen one status serves as a reactive empowerment amp instead of giving him canon plot armor (the latter is the correct one)

A multiversal Ash Williams would be pretty ******* based tho ngl

The profile covers the mainline canon Ash Williams. The Evil Dead canon consists of The Evil Dead, The Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, and Ash Vs. The Evil Dead. From what I can tell, the profile is correct with the 9-B rating. There may some calc-worthy scenes that could get to 9-A, maybe even 8-C though.

The comics, the games, and the 2013 requel are all considered extended universe material by Reimi, the creator of the series. Scaling the mainline canon Ash to these (Such as Ash Vs. Jason and Freddy) doesn't work out.

The comics, the games, and the 2013 requel are all considered extended universe material by Reimi, the creator of the series. Scaling the mainline canon Ash to these (Such as Ash Vs. Jason and Freddy) doesn't work out.
I mean, he could have an extended universe key like the SCPs do, which could in theory work.

Due to having at least three different timelines, it'd be more like three keys...

Could do what the FNaF profiles do, split the continuities between profiles. I think this is the preferred method iirc.

Wait i had a thought. If Ash is using the Necronomicon, then he should scale to all the evil cthulhu mythos characters who also have the Necronomicon. Which'd mean he would scale to Nyarlethotep right guys? Maybe Azathoth aswell if u view him as "evil".

Back