• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ash Tier Buff

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Following the changes made to Ash's Pikachu, I figured that there should also be some changes made to Ash's profile. My idea for how this could go is that we make a separate key based on this.

My idea:

9-B | High 7-A | At least High 7-A, higher with Z-Moves. 4-B with Melmetal, Naganadel, and 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt

Key: By Himself | With Pokemon (Original Series-XY Series) | With Pokemon (Sun & Moon Series Onwards)

What do you guys think?

Instead of "certain pokemon", just write Naganadel and Melmetal.

Btw he should have his durability buffed as well, he's consistently taken attacks from pokemon to the point where mountain level is justified

Sounds fair. He has taken numerous Thunderbolts from Pikachu as well in Best Wishes, so Mountain level+ durability seems good

Edited my idea to write in Melmetal and Naganadel rather than "certain Pokemon"

I, obviously, agree. We discussed a fair bit in the Pikachu power scaling thread so I suggest people to take a quick skim there if curious.

So the tier placement seems fine? Plus adding the Mountain level+ durability as well, of course

Honestly there's a lot of trainers who could get massive tier upgrades.

Ash-Greninja should also be moved to Ash's profile and rated as Large Mountain level+ for fighting on par with Alain's Mega Charizard X and overwhelming Diantha's Mega Gardevoir.

I'm still unsure about moving it to Ash's profile, but I do agree that we should have a part on Ash's profile that gives Ash-Greninja a High 7-A+ rating for scaling to well-trained Megas, which are also High 7-A+

But then it becomes incredibly inconsistent since that depicts Naganadel and Melmetal as being vastly stronger than Ash-Greninja, which is a statement that has nothing but evidence against it

Methinks we should hurry and finish this up before the forum move happens. Problem is that we need additional input since Pokemon changes are pretty controversial

Back