• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

are the wiki staff above the rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my thread was closed even though the person who closed it admitted it broke no rules, instead fabricating a reason because he didnt like the thread

thanks but i dont want the staff member punished

i just want my thread that doesnt violate any rules for fun and games unlocked

Stomp threads that cause chaotic arguments should generally be closed on principle.

It depends on if they are actually connected to the concept of being funny, or are just going to provoke people.

The thread in question is a Naruto vs Bleach match, featuring Soul King vs a team of Naruto characters, like others said it was however under F&Gs so take that as you will.

As someone who saw bit and pieces that thread, I'd like to point out the Wok pointed out that, despite the thread being Fun and Games, spite was most definitely the intended goal, as OP started pitching a fit as soon as his character started losing.

This is coming from a third hand account, though. So take it as you will. However, I am going to point out that once the original thread was closed, OP opened a new ine called "Abusive staff will close this too". I don't know what happened to that thread, but I'm assuming it eventually got closed. From what I saw of it, several people, including non staff, were arguing with OP about it being open. Eventually, all that lead to OP making this thread.

So all of this may just be about trolling the staff by trying to incite people then?

I don't get that feeling so much as I get the feeling that he's just angry his favorite character was losing on the F&G board.

However, this only what I've gleamed from a glance. Wok was there, I believe, you should ask him.

Okay. There was a quick escalation process though, so I am not sure in either direction.

The Wright Way said:
As someone who saw bit and pieces that thread, I'd like to point out the Wok pointed out that, despite the thread being Fun and Games, spite was most definitely the intended goal, as OP started pitching a fit as soon as his character started losing.
This is coming from a third hand account, though. So take it as you will. However, I am going to point out that once the original thread was closed, OP opened a new ine called "Abusive staff will close this too". I don't know what happened to that thread, but I'm assuming it eventually got closed. From what I saw of it, several people, including non staff, were arguing with OP about it being open. Eventually, all that lead to OP making this thread.
why are you blatantly lying?

spite was never the goal. such a baseless accusation

i never "pitched" a fit when any character started losing. what are you even talking about. you clearly didnt even read the thread because if you did, you would see the thread was completely calm and i didnt attack anybody saying any side won. my qualms were it being closed for no justifiable reason, meaning no reason that was a breach of the rules

no. i created this thread after messaging wokistan on his profile since he said on the thread that it didnt break any rules but he closed it because "it might have turned hostile" and his reason was "bleach vs naruto threads usually turn out that way". seriously what is that justification, its so stupid beyond belief, are you going to close all naruto vs bleach threads now on the premise that they might turn hostile on the future?

just as many people that were agreeing it should be closed, agreed it shouldnt have been closed. pls read the thread before you make such ridiculous and biased accusations

i dont even want to be here but seeing you spout complete lies is just painful

The Wright Way said:
I don't get that feeling so much as I get the feeling that he's just angry his favorite character was losing on the F&G board.
However, this only what I've gleamed from a glance. Wok was there, I believe, you should ask him.
again like seriously

where was i mad about any character losing?

show me harassing anybody over which side they chose to win

you clearly didnt read the threads, so dont comment on them with such false information

so you admit you have no idea what your talking about and instead just tried tarnishing my credibility by fabricating reasons for why i shouldnt be taken seriously?

i cant even believe what im reading right now. its amazing

next time dont comment on something you yourself dont understand, all youve done is make me look like the person who is in the wrong simply because your trying to protect a fellow staff member

Dude, I'm doing my job. I'm not tarnishing anything. I'm commenting on the situation using what little I know and have gone out of my way to reiterate that I do not know all the details in every comment. Like I said from the beginning, "this is a third hand account". Chill.

The Wright Way said:
Dude, I'm doing my job. I'm not tarnishing anything. I'm commenting on the situation using what little I know and have gone out of my way to reiterate that I do not know all the details in every comment. Like I said from the beginning, "this is a third hand account". Chill.
okay but do you agree that by making arguments against me that are completely false is wrong? your a staff member, people will usually believe what you say with no hesitation

this is why you shouldnt comment on something you havent read or understand.

heres the original threads btw

notice how hostile everybody is? the death threats and cursing. no wonder it was locked

the first thread was justifiably closed because it included madara and kaguya. i didnt know that at the time so i didnt complain i just removed them and added different characters in a new thread

first thread

second thread

okay but do you agree that by making arguments against me that are completely false is wrong? your a staff member, people will usually believe what you say with no hesitation

this is why you shouldnt comment on something you havent read or understand.

"People will believe staff without hesitation". I can tell you from first hand experience that is not true. And, frankly, we're all the better for it.

id like to believe that but unfortunately having authority generally means people will accept what you say with no questioning or research of their own

im just saying that people reading your prior posts may take what you said as fact without actually reading the threads

How long have you been on the wiki? Staff get questioned and called out all the time.

Planck69 said:
How long have you been on the wiki? Staff get questioned and called out all the time.
they can be called out

im calling one out in a sense in this thread

but its basic psychology that people who have any amount of authority are generally accepted as speaking the truth or fact

to be honest though

as i said i dont really want to be on this site anymore

i just dont want people spreading misinformation even if its not with malice

if you really want to you can close this thread and all the relating ones

one thing i will suggest as my hopefully last post though

is that rules are made for fun and games or there is specific wording that says the versus thread rules apply to fun and games

the rules could also be worded a bit better

After create a fun & games board about Naruto vs Bleach where Bleach character definitely Stomp naruto's you post that on Naruto Discussion thread

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4301903?useskin=oasis#33

As if it wasnt obvious enough that you just want to incite flame wars with Naruto's fans, and using F&G boards as a shield to protect your thread from being taken down.

Not to mention in previous thread you also count vote and treat like VS boards.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4312442?useskin=oasis#4

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4312442?useskin=oasis#9

GLHF22 said:
After create a fun & games board about Naruto vs Bleach where Bleach character definitely Stomp naruto's you post that on Naruto Discussion thread

As if it wasnt obvious enough that you just want to incite flame wars with Naruto's fans, and using F&G boards as a shield to protect your thread from being taken down.

Not to mention in previous thread you also count vote and treat like VS boards.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4312442?useskin=oasis#4

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4312442?useskin=oasis#9
sigh that was suppose to be my last post

again as i said. i didnt see it as a stomp and neither did somebody in the thread because they said the taem wins

i already told you i posted it there because i didnt want to have to wait 10 hours to bump which is a stupid rule in my opinion

no. i wasnt counting votes. i asked "who do you vote for" or "you vote for ' ' "

thats not counting votes thats me asking who they think wins

it was in fun and games because it wasnt meant to be as serious as a versus thread and considering threads that are battles are in fun and games all the time

i see no issue

The issue is even if flame war isnt your purpose, thread like that are just gonna incite flame wars, not to mention when you trying to count vote, treat it like VSboards or invite Naruto's fans to come to the thread, rather than cure a disease, it's better to prevent it.

A staff seeing history and getting tired of something like flame wars between HST.

Why are you bothering something like this? Why are you so persistent on creating F&G with Bleach vs Naruto? Try Monarch of Pointland vs Haju and see what happen, thats what we called "F&G".

im not bothered about the thread

im bothered about it being closed when wokistan (the person that closed it) said it didnt break any rules and was technically allowed

what are the point of rules if something can just be closed that doesnt violate them, which is why i thought it was abuse

i didnt post it in the naruto thread to incite hate i did it to get people to comment on my thread...

I'm just going to point out that OP's very first post was a legitimate attempt at a match that he himself request get closed as soon as he realised it was a stomp.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4306729?useskin=oasis

Honestly, the more I read about this situation, the more I realize this was just a paranoia induced witch hunt. Let me explain.

Okay, so at first, OP decides to have a fun team battle between two verses he likes.

However, he wanted to not have to deal with the ten hour bump rule as stated above, so he posted it in Fun and Games (That wouldn't have worked, but a new member couldn't have known that.)

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4312442?useskin=oasis

His attempt to gauge opinions here proves nothing. I myself have attempted to use the F@G Board to have serious yet unorthodox vs discussions.

In order to get the thread more attention, he goes to a thread with lots of knowledgable members.

Wok closes it for being a forbidden match up. OP decides "fair enough" and recreates it without the restricted characters involved.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4312633?useskin=oasis

Wok closes it dismissively abd OP demands an explanation, only to be belittled and told off.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4312643?useskin=oasis

OP is clearly pissed, so this thread and the one we're in get made.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4312716?useskin=oasis

Frankly, this whole thing is just a misunderstanding spurred by an overreaction from Wok.

Okay. Wokistan was just trying to do his job though, and I think that Ilovefairytail seems to be taken something ultimately trivial too seriously.

thank you for looking at it objectively

i dont blame or hate wokistan or any staff members that closed my threads

if the thread broke some rules or i genuinly thought it was a stomp then i would want it closed

i just thought it was going to be a fun match wehn i made it but when it was locked for no justifiable reason i was annoyed.

as i said at the start of this thread. i dont want wokistan punished or anything, i just originally wanted the thread unlocked. but i dont really have any interest in it any more due to the controversy it caused and i dont really want to be here. so this discussion is kinda pointless since i dont desire any retribution or outcome, i was just annoyed when i made this thread

Given how many people ganged up on Fairy on his third thread and on Wok's board, I can't blame him for being pissed. Even if it did escalate really quickly.

I personally apologize for this oversight. Even if Wok did have perfectly valid reasons for his actions, that does not minimize OP's right to feel robbed. Especially with how he was treated on Wok's wall, which was frankly unprofessional. It should always be considered in ambigious cases like this that OP might just genuinely not know better, especially where a new user and a semi-obsceure/specific rule are concerned.

Anyways, it's late where I am. If anything else needs to be addressed here, let me know and I'll try to handle it tomorrow.

Okay. I suppose that we should have been more considerate towards Ilovefairytail then. My apologies about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back