• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

anti magic & true magic, can anti magic nullify true magic

Can asta's anti magic stop true magic, vor example if Gaja used a true magic attack on asta.
Would asta be able to negate the attack with his anti magic.

Maybe we should also make some speed revicions, we know now that true elemental magic is equal to actual real life elements.

Unless one of the abilite of true magic is that it can't be neutralized or stopped by anything or anything not true magic we would count it just the same as normal magic I think

I think it was stated by gaja that true lightning is the same as normal lightning so asta shouldn't be able to negate that.

Also asta wasn't able to negate real blades that zagred made with storm of blades so asta should not be able to negate true lightning with his anti magic.

In chapter 248
Gaja stated: The "true" is literal. That spell generates real lightning

Oh him, forgot his name, but from how he describes it and the magic he uses, it seems more like lightning in the Black Clover world is magic done by using the mana of nature more than anything else.

He talks of how he's using natural mana for the runes and the spell and such, not just that but in the scene in which he cast the very spell that luck asked about he once again spoke of how its using nature's mana.

So if that's to be believed I think Asta should still be able to counter it.

Right. I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to. There's a constant reference to the magnitude of the spell's Power and the amount of mana being comparable to that which is found in nature.

Also why would we need to revisit speed cal? Even if we play into such a perspective Noelle, Finral and Mimosa all reacted to Gaja's spell?

hmmmm....from what i understand of what he said, he uses ruines to make his magic stronger and true lightning is the same as real lightning.
Zagred was able to make real swords (and magic swords) with his magic that asta wasn't able to nagate.
So if asta isn't able to negate real swords so he should also not be able to negate real lightning.

So wat i mean is if some lightning cloud striked asta he should be electrocuted

true lightning = real lightning

In the latest chapter luck wasn't fast enough to blitz one of the dark disciples spells reaction speed, but with his true lightning he was able to blitz and pierce through him.

Not blitz per se since Svenkin lock the spell in place (And was still able to deduced what actually took place) but he did broke through his defense as you mentioned.

also i'm not asking about asta is able to block it, i'm asking if anti magic is able to nullify true lightning magic

I'd say yes. Wasn't it infer that such occurances (lightning, whirlpools, tornados) are just a by-product of the normal state of mana becoming chaotic and wild in nature?

Also... Luck magic can electrocute as well and decompose water (I'm not really seeing a shark difference in the propoerties), didn;t he do this in the glamour world?.

So... agian, I think it's more in regard to the power behind the spell compared than anything else.

All in all.... I don't think it changes much.

If that's the case asta would be able to nullify something like real lava with his aura, which is something i really doubt

also where was it stated that mana is the reason for things like tornadoes

1) I think is was back when Licht and Lumiel saved Tetia. 2) When the black bulls entered the underwater sea temple. 3) When they were training on that mountain with Mel. 4) When Julius asked them to retrieved the magic stone (?) Not sure about this one.

In all these case there wae some referrence to the state of the mana.

From what i remember asta was flying into the lava and sisgoleon had to save him, so even if real natural phenomenon were created by chaotic mana it stil would be able to hurt asta

Otherwise sisgoleon didn't need to save him

Back