• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another Gunvolt match (Isola vs Gar Shatterkeel)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Celebrity : 0
Mutant Pirate : 7
Incon : 0

Low 7-B versions used
Fight takes place in the Temple of the Crushing Wave, 30 meters apart

Gunvolt's SoL reactions makes making matches a pain until I realized, DnD has a large amount of slightly FTL characters. Lets do this (And if Gar is too haxed, there's probably an alternative somewhere...)

Last edited:
Alright there is a lack of information on this man's profile so imma wait for the DnD side to tell me what this guy's deal is. Keep in mind that Water isn't exactly GV's weakness, rather that it would disperse his Flashfield easily. As well, Prevasion may not work here if DnD chars can touch Elemental Intangible people

Alright, fine, I'll go first.

In stage one, Isola is typically a ranged fighter, attacking with simple energy projectiles that can orbit around her like a barrier, which is quite effective as a defense, she also rains down (like a lot of GV bosses) danmaku-esque projectiles from the air.

In her Arena Mode, when Gar gets past that (plz make an argument against that first thx), she's very hit and run, it's very hard to hit her with anything substantial while she's attacking with even more unique attacks with unexpected angles, again, almost danmaku-esque.

Alright, now we wait for the DnD supporters to show up because I can't use commonsense to vouch for existent characters

So Olhydra is an insta win button when he's pressed. And his main attac is a lightning strike from above, perfect against Isola's flight

So Olhydra is an insta win button when he's pressed. And his main attac is a lightning strike from above, perfect against Isola's flight
Yeah though as explained, the fight is happening in his lair so summoning a giant elemental dragon is probably a last resort move, especially when he has a pain manip attack that he will use if Isola keeps abusing her forcefield

Alright I should give a better argument than "Uh Gar win" so, I'll just summarize it up.

Isola has a hit and run tactic that involves moving around and letting her EXSIA bits do the work, and sometimes she just gets close to the enemy just to place em, making them not even the best projectiles in the world

Gar meanwhile has Pain Manip, something that can't be avoided from a far distance with hit and run tactics. As well Isola is used to being above opponents so she would likely not look above herself to dodge Call Lightning. Once she starts doing she has to deal with Gar's water attacks from below and his Lightning from above, all while powering through pain manip and getting somewhat close to lay out her EXISA

And just to get this concluded

Mutant Pirate FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back