• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anime Zamasu Immortality Question (Possible Mid Godly regen?)

That'd be a headcanon right there, chief.
You've got no proof Goku can erase souls with his botched Hakai.
Hakai can erase souls out of existence, Goku used the hakai but it wasn't perfected, it is YOUR head canon to assume that he couldn't erase souls simply because his hakai wasn't perfected when there could be other side effects to the hakai not being perfected other than not destroying souls, for example goku only destroyed one side of zamasu's body he didn't completely destroy his entire body, that could be the reason why his hakai isn't perfected. Edit: Thinking back, this isn't really a good example. But still you got no proof he wasn't erasing zamasu's soul. and that doesn't matter because zamasu could have been surprised or scared for a different reason other than hsi soul being destroyed like for example the hakai being different from a standard ki attack may have caught him off guard.

Last edited:
Goku used the hakai but it wasn't perfected
Correction: Goku admitted it was a failed attempt at mimicking the Hakai.
"I kinda messed up that time I tried copying it."
Hey, y'know what? Now that we know the effects of the Hakai (i.e., explody boom boom), I can just argue using that.

Hey, y'know what? Now that we know the effects of the Hakai (i.e., explody boom boom), I can just argue using that.
Beerus hakai didn't go "explody 💥" but still erased zamasu out of existence.

Yeah but he still used a hakai, and we don't know how he messed it up, claiming that he couldn't erase zamasu's soul is head canon.
Beerus hakai didn't go "explody 💥" but still erased zamasu out of existence.
Very good point, Zamasu got deleted soul and all.

How would Zamasu know his regens limit? Plus I would be scared as well if I was getting disintegrated slowly as well
I mean he always said "Im immortal" ,etc and he should now his limit since he is the one who want an Immortality (since he panic during get Hakai by Goku,this means zamasu know that his immortality cant make him survive this time),this more like Resistance to existence erasure due to beerus stated that Hakai is not working (but i think this is just beerus assumption),this case is like Frieza which he can hold Sindra Hakai which make him resist to it but cant Hold Toppo Hakai because Toppo Hakai in that time more superior than Sidra,so this more like Frieza cant hold Hakai power that higher than Sidra which the case is Zamasu resist to Hakai but does'nt resist to Higher degree Existence Erasure which this more make sense

I mean he always said "Im immortal" ,etc and he should now his limit since he is the one who want an Immortality (since he panic during get Hakai by Goku,this means zamasu know that his immortality cant make him survive this time)
Not really all he did was ask Zuno for the location of the super db and how to summon the dragon also how would he now the limit of his regen if he just wished for it's not like he wished to know his limit or anything and it's not like he's had it for millions of years actually he only recently got it
Ithis more like Resistance to existence erasure due to beerus stated that Hakai is not working (but i think this is just beerus assumption),this case is like Frieza which he can hold Sindra Hakai which make him resist to it but cant Hold Toppo Hakai because Toppo Hakai in that time more superior than Sidra,so this more like Frieza cant hold Hakai power that higher than Sidra which the case is Zamasu resist to Hakai but does'nt resist to Higher degree Existence Erasure which this more make sense
False equivalency Beerus explicitly said immortals Freeza is not immortal he just straight up resisted hakai with raw power but vs wiki doesn't accept that Also Beerus is unimaginably above Zamasu he would have no problem haka'ing Zamasu if it were not for his immortality also you're kinda cross scaling the anime with the manga when they are two different things since in the anime Hakai has no tiers so no. And as I said Zamasu's immortality is all about regen no wacky random resistances which you can only get by making a lot of assumptions and reaching.

Last edited:
Not really all he did was ask Zuno for the location of the super db and how to summon the dragon also how would he now the limit of his regen if he just wished for it's not like he wished to know his limit or anything and it's not like he's had it for millions of years actually he only recently got it
Well yeah but when in fight he always like calm down when the enemy such as Trunks,etc attack him because him sure none of them cant kill him but then Goku hakai him its shown us that he does'nt convince anymore About his Immortality will save him this time
False equivalency Beerus explicitly said immortals Freeza is not immortal he just straight up resisted hakai with raw power but vs wiki doesn't accept that Also Beerus is unimaginably above Zamasu he would have no problem haka'ing Zamasu if it were not for his immortality also you're kinda cross scaling the anime with the manga when they are two different things since in the anime Hakai has no tiers so no. And as I said Zamasu's immortality is all about regen no wacky random resistances which you can only get by making a lot of assumptions and reaching.
I mean Beerus say that i couldn't work but its contradict with Goku able to Hakai him and when that happened Zamasu does'nt convince anymore that his immortality can make him survive got Hakai by Goku,also if he does'nt know about limit of his Immortality then he Should just don't do anything and face it when get Hahai but what happened is he scared which he sure that his immortality became useless in this situation

Well yeah but when in fight he always like calm down when the enemy such as Trunks,etc attack him because him sure none of them cant kill him but then Goku hakai him its shown us that he does'nt convince anymore About his Immortality will save him this time
I reread the chapter where he gets hakai´d and actually, he looks more shocked than scared(because Goku caught him with an instant transmission sneak attack) and he straight up smiles moments later before reaching for Mai.

I mean Beerus say that i couldn't work but its contradict with Goku able to Hakai him and when that happened Zamasu does'nt convince anymore that his immortality can make him survive got Hakai by Goku,also if he does'nt know about limit of his Immortality then he Should just don't do anything and face it when get Hahai but what happened is he scared which he sure that his immortality became useless in this situation
Beerus said he can't destroy immortals also you're assuming Goku's hakai would have definitely erase him when even Goku only said it was only a "maybe"
Also getting erased is on a whole different level than say getting sliced or vaporized so It could still be said Zamasu doesn't know it's limits especially against The GoDs signature moves which erases everything including soul but enough about Zamasu's expressions since they aren't as reliable as Beerus's own words and even Whis backing it up.

Also Goku says this before Beerus makes his statement of not being able to erase immortals so basically, Beerus turned Goku's "maybe" into a no

Last edited:
I reread the chapter where he gets hakai´d and actually, he looks more shocked than scared(because Goku caught him with an instant transmission sneak attack) and he straight up smiles moments later before reaching for Mai
Yes he shock when Goku use Instant transmition but after that Goku use Hakai then he looks scared as like he say "ahhh"
Beerus said he can't destroy immortals also you're assuming Goku's hakai would have definitely erase him when even Goku only said it was only a "maybe"
Also getting erased is on a whole different level than say getting sliced or vaporized so It could still be said Zamasu doesn't know it's limits especially against The GoDs signature moves which erases everything including soul but enough about Zamasu's expressions since they aren't as reliable as Beerus's own words and even Whis backing it up.
Yes but then Goku Hakai still works on him even he need to use May as defense to protect him being Hakai by Goku which means Hakai still work on him even Goku Hakai which is weaker and not complete like Beerus has.Also if he does'nt know his limit then he Should just face it with his convince of Immortality but what happened is he not sure he will survive this time and need May to protect him so this means he know in that time Goku Hakai can make him in danger

Also if he does'nt know his limit then he Should just face it with his convince of Immortality but what happened is he not sure he will survive this time and need May to protect him so this means he know in that time Goku Hakai can make him in danger
He is probably afraid because his present self was hakai'd and he wasn't sure that he'd survive despite being immortal this time. Also this is merged Zamasu, not regular Zamasu, who is fused with Goku Black so he probably thought his Regen wasn't as good when fused.

He is probably afraid because his present self was hakai'd and he wasn't sure that he'd survive despite being immortal this time. Also this is merged Zamasu, not regular Zamasu, who is fused with Goku Black so he probably thought his Regen wasn't as good when fused.
Well thats mean he does'nt convince that his immortality can make him handle or face Hakai which means here Zamasu know in that time that his immortality will not effective

Yes he shock when Goku use Instant transmition but after that Goku use Hakai then he looks scared as like he say "ahhh"
So you're saying a simple "ahhh" >>>> Beerus's words?? (also it looks more like shock which is why his expressions shouldn't be used as they're unreliable and can mean anything)
Yes but then Goku Hakai still works on him even he need to use May as defense to protect him being Hakai by Goku which means Hakai still work on him even Goku Hakai which is weaker and not complete like Beerus has.Also if he does'nt know his limit then he Should just face it with his convince of Immortality but what happened is he not sure he will survive this time and need May to protect him so this means he know in that time Goku Hakai can make him in danger
Actually, he regenerates after being hakai'd halfway.
Also, you're going through way more loops holes to give Zamasu a resistance rather than regen that is way more likely as I explained for the reasons above
btw you contradicted yourself by saying "He was not sure he would survive this time" meaning he doesn't know his limits also again why would he know his limits like I said you're assuming he randomly gained everything he has to know about his immortality from his wish. And enough about Zamasu's expression since that's all this counter relies upon a vague expression which could mean many things which is way less reliable than BEERUS's own words with even WHIS backing him up unless you're trying to say neither Beerus nor Whis are credible. This is basically "vague emotions vs ACTUAL statements".

Edit: Anyways now onto Anime Zamasu who has no "contradictions" to his immortality being Mid-Godly

Last edited:
So you're saying a simple "ahhh" >>>> Beerus's words?? (also it looks more like shock which is why his expressions shouldn't be used as they're unreliable and can mean anything)
No,here the context he does'nt convince anymore that his immortality can make him survive this time and Beerus say that Hakai does'nt work to him get contradict by Goku who able to Hakai him
Actually, he regenerates after being hakai'd halfway.
Also, you're going through way more loops holes to give Zamasu a resistance rather than regen that is way more likely as I explained for the reasons above
btw you contradicted yourself by saying "He was not sure he would survive this time" meaning he doesn't know his limits also again why would he know his limits like I said you're assuming he randomly gained everything he has to know about his immortality from his wish. And enough about Zamasu's expression since that's all this counter relies upon a vague expression which could mean many things which is way less reliable than BEERUS's own words with even WHIS backing him up unless you're trying to say neither Beerus nor Whis are credible. This is basically "vague emotions vs ACTUAL statements".
Well Goku hakai is not Perfect and did Goku hakai also erase the soul? I guest no + its slow.No actuallly,if zamasu does'nt know his limit then why don't he just face it and then like "just try it,im immortal" but hway happened is he does'nt convince anymore that his immortality can save him when get Hakai by Goku which this contradict beerus Statement who say does'nt work by Goku who his Hakai able to work againts zamasu ans the problem is how Beerus can say that his Hakai does'nt work againts immortal when Goku Hakai who is weaker ia able to work??

No,here the context he does'nt convince anymore that his immortality can make him survive this time and Beerus say that Hakai does'nt work to him get contradict by Goku who able to Hakai him

Well Goku hakai is not Perfect and did Goku hakai also erase the soul? I guest no + its slow.No actuallly,if zamasu does'nt know his limit then why don't he just face it and then like "just try it,im immortal" but hway happened is he does'nt convince anymore that his immortality can save him when get Hakai by Goku which this contradict beerus Statement who say does'nt work by Goku who his Hakai able to work againts zamasu ans the problem is how Beerus can say that his Hakai does'nt work againts immortal when Goku Hakai who is weaker ia able to work??
I agree Goku's Hakai probably can't erase souls but Zamasu has Mid-godly because of Beerus's statements and his hakai can erase souls.

Also If Zamasu actually had resistance to Hakai he wouldn't be affected by a shittier version of Hakai (not saying it could kill him since his regen) also please use actual statements instead of your extremely vague interpretations of Zamasu's actions and emotions which are extremely unreliable.

Last edited:
If Zamasu had resistance to Existence Erasure the hakai wouldn't have started erasing him in the first place. Beerus' statement is more reliable than Goku's imperfect hakai since he has mastered the technique.

Beerus' statement contradicts Goku's hakai but that doesn't matter since it comes from someone who has mastered the technique. The hakai affecting Zamasu is also no surprise since he cannot regenerate if it doesn't affect him in the first place.

I agree Goku's Hakai probably can't erase souls but Zamasu has Mid-godly because of Beerus's statements and his hakai can erase souls.

Also If Zamasu actually had resistance to Hakai he wouldn't be affected by a shittier version of Hakai (not saying it could kill him since his regen) also please use actual statements instead of your extremely vague interpretations of Zamasu's actions and emotions which are extremely unreliable.
Well at best why don't use Low Godly instead of Mid Godly? Goku hakai who not erase soul is still able to affect him while we does'nt has an actually feats to zamasu able to Regenerate if his soul + mind got erased,what we know of it just from Beerus Statement of cant affected him but what actuallly happened is Goku hakai able to work on him even make him use May as a defends instead of him Tank it which means zamasu cant survive if he does'nt pull may.You can ignore his expresion oh say ahh but what we Clearly see Zamasu action of pull may make a point' that zamasu cant survive if he does'nt pull may

If Zamasu had resistance to Existence Erasure the hakai wouldn't have started erasing him in the first place. Beerus' statement is more reliable than Goku's imperfect hakai since he has mastered the technique.

Beerus' statement contradicts Goku's hakai but that doesn't matter since it comes from someone who has mastered the technique. The hakai affecting Zamasu is also no surprise since he cannot regenerate if it doesn't affect him in the first place.
This is my view as well

Well at best why don't use Low Godly instead of Mid Godly? Goku hakai who not erase soul is still able to affect him while we does'nt has an actually feats to zamasu able to Regenerate if his soul + mind got erased,what we know of it just from Beerus Statement of cant affected him but what actuallly happened is Goku hakai able to work on him even make him use May as a defends instead of him Tank it which means zamasu cant survive if he does'nt pull may.You can ignore his expresion oh say ahh but what we Clearly see Zamasu action of pull may make a point' that zamasu cant survive if he does'nt pull may
It's Mid Godly because Beerus' hakai can erase the soul. Goku's hakai isn't the thing you should be using to give Zamasu Mid Godly, instead you should use Beerus' statement that the hakai cannot destroy immortals and the hakai can erase the soul.

Zamasu pulling Mai in front of him is also contradicted by Beerus' statement. Like @JirensMom said Zamasu probably didn't know the limits of his immortality/regeneration. He most definitely wouldn't take the risk of possibly getting erased by Goku's hakai, when his present self was erased by the mastered version of the hakai, which is most likely why he pulled Mai in front of him.

Also you're basically using two people who know absolutely nothing about how the hakai works, except that it can erase someone, for your argument.

Why are we using zamasu's expression? He doesn't know if goku perfected hakai or not, nor does he know the limits of his ability. Yet he still managed to survive the hakai, and beerus, the one who uses it knows that it won't work. It's not resistance because he was effected, so regeneration is the most likely.
So we have beerus saying that hakai won't work, zamasu regenerating from a hakai.
Against gokus hakai working but we actually don't know for sure it erases souls, yet if it did, zamasu regenerated from it.

Mid Godly is more likely in my opinion since Goku didn't finish the hakai also I think Goku's hakai isn't erasure but deconstruction instead. Anyways I think Beerus's statement is solid enough proof to let Zamasu keep his regen

Why are we using zamasu's expression? He doesn't know if goku perfected hakai or not, nor does he know the limits of his ability. Yet he still managed to survive the hakai, and beerus, the one who uses it knows that it won't work. It's not resistance because he was effected, so regeneration is the most likely.
So we have beerus saying that hakai won't work, zamasu regenerating from a hakai.
Against gokus hakai working but we actually don't know for sure it erases souls, yet if it did, zamasu regenerated from it.
Exactly.

Zamasu Mid Godly, instead you should use Beerus' statement that the hakai cannot destroy immortals and the hakai can erase the soul.
Then why Zeno able to Erase him??this proof that Zamasu cant withstand a EE with his immortality and if zamasu pull may because does'nt know his limit then in that time Zamasu know that his immortality cant make him withstand of something weaker than G.O.D Hakai

Then why Zeno able to Erase him??this proof that Zamasu cant withstand a EE with his immortality
Have you ever heard of regeneration negation?

Edit: Wait, if Merged Zamasu (chou) already has Mid-Godly regen why are we still arguing about this? I just checked his profile.

Last edited:
Yes and i don't see zeno negate it,instead that Zamasu from the beginning does'nt has chance to withstand something like EE such as Hakai.
How would you erase a person's mind body and soul without them regenerating again if that person has Mid-Godly regen without regen negation? Even if you can a erase a person's mind body and soul that would be useless if that EE user can't negate Mid Godly regen since the person would just come back.

Hakai and Zeno's delete work completely different from one another. Hakai may not have regen negation while Zeno's delete does.

He did withstand the Hakai though, he literally regenerated half of his body in the manga. What DBS are you reading, man? And why should I trust your headcanon instead of Beerus statement, who perfected the Hakai and knew its limitations. And I don’t see why Zeno couldn’t erase him, more potent EE that can erase even 4D structures and objects.

Uhm why are we treating Zeno's EE like hakai, zeno is literally the strongest being in the multiverse. It's not an anti feat of zamasu, but a feat of zeno.
Remind you again An EE can be stronger than another ER. Plus zebo erased the timeline along with Zamasu

Back