• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ionliosite said:
What exactly can Kakyoin do with prep time?
Set up tentacles like he did against DIO to prevent a sneak attack, set a trap similar to the one he used to defeat Tower of Grey, set up Emerald Splash tentacle turrets like he did against DIO, stuff like that

Batman isn't DIO and with prep time he's way more threatening.

JohnConquest1 said:
Batman isn't DIO and with prep time he's way more threatening.
I agree, DIO is good with or without prep, but his genius is better suited to help him figure out stuff on the spot. Batman's genius helps him stop problems he hasn't even come across yet

Kakyoin didnt even do the 20m splash with prep, he did it within a few minutes at most.

Chariot190 said:
Kakyoin didnt even do the 20m splash with prep, he did it within a few minutes at most.
I wouldn't even say minutes, but that was only one of hundreds of things he could do. He's no Joesph Joestar, but he DID figure out The World amongst other things. I'd say he's a pretty good match for Bats

I honestly cant think of anything he could do with a day that he cant do within a minute or two, maybe a several hundred meter emerald splash, he does have at like a 400 meter long range if i recall but that shouldnt take a day, maybe like ten minutes.

Chariot190 said:
I honestly cant think of anything he could do with a day that he cant do within a minute or two, maybe a several hundred meter emerald splash, he does have at like a 400 meter long range if i recall but that shouldnt take a day, maybe like ten minutes.
For Kak, I don't think it's about how much he can do, it's more so about what he can do with what he has, like he can only really do 3 things with the tentacles, but he could set tentacle spike traps, set up the sensory net, purposefully leave tiny openings in the tentacles only for those spots to be traps, set up ES turrets around the bleachers to fire inward when a sensory tentacle is set up. In all, the whole process would take about 30 minutes to an hour, but he has a day to perfect it

Kakyoin basically sets up countless invisible traps that Bats can't do jack shit about since NPI isn't something this version of Bats has gotten a hold of yet. Even Post-Crisis Bats, excluding 5D powernull, dosn't have anything that can counter Hierophant Green. The only thing he could do to win is just throw a batarang and hope to god that it actually hits Kakyoin and there are no tentacles in the way, but Kakyoin would no doubt have prepared for such a thing.

Kakyoin with relative ease.

It feels wrong saying Kak can beat Bats with prep, like, Bats with prep is a meme.

I dont know what exactly he can do with prep other then some very high end feats like defeating cosmics, I havent read his entire catalog of comics but it just feels wrong, I wanna see what someone who knows more about him can do before voting.

@Smashor

Vote noted

@Chariot

True, I mean, just look at his other key... with enough prep, THAT monster is possible...

BakiHanma18 said:
Will the potential update change this match? If so, how drastically?
The update thing is just me wishing would happen, since there seems to be way too many missing powers. And he's supposed to retain most of his Post-Crisis history after Rebirth, so Post-Flashpoint Batman now just feels weird.

Yeah I have to give this to Bats, he is actually likely to make better use of that time to study on Kakyoin. Even with 8-C equipment I think he'll find a proper way to make good of the situation.

Kakyoin is very battle smart so he could make good use of prep too. Hierophant Barrier is a problem as it can sense movements easily and then cast Emerald Splash, but Batman is also pretty damn intelligent

To be fair, is there anyway for Bats to avoid an emerald splash once tripped, that doesnt lead to another emerald splash? Especially given both it and the splash are invisible. Does he have any tech in this key that allows that visibility?

To speak on Batman's behalf, I don't think it's entirely impossible for him to invent a device that can help him see stands if he has prior knowledge and prep

Does Kakyoin have any resistance to Smoke pellets, knockout gas, tranquilizers, ice pellets, stun equipment, or chemical concoction that Batman whips up on a regular bases?

ElixirBlue said:
Does Kakyoin have any resistance to Smoke pellets, knockout gas, tranquilizers, ice pellets, stun equipment, or chemical concoction that Batman whips up on a regular bases?
No, no, no, no, no, and no

Back