• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Angel (RWBY: 30 Days) vs Hork of the Black Gate (The Dreamer Gate) (0-2-1)

QrowBarr

They/Them
VS Battles
Content Moderator
To celebrate the new character profiles for The Dreamer Gate.

• Fight takes place in Babylon, cause why not
  • Speed is equalized
  • Both are 8-B
Hork: Ciruno Fortes, Jackythejack

Angel:

Incon: ThePerpetual

Madness hax actually and I think webs need to make contact with the opponent and takes time for it to kick in.

Yeah and terrakinesis is a pain to get through. But if Angel can pull off the spider webs she might be able to win. High diff voting for her is my likely vote but not voting yet.

Changing my vote to Hork. It seems like by scaling Hork is stronger. And madness may not always work effectively for the user.

Alright, so the battle seems to take place in Not-Hork's Tower, so he loses what probably could have been a nifty range advantage. They basically one-shot each other if the hit with their respective Semblances, having near-Low 7-C AP and madness inducement respectively, but physically are generally even... so, does this just boil down to who's more skilled?

I don't really have any reliable way to evaluate that then, tbh. I can clearly see what Angel does/can do since that's like, animated, but that doesn't necessitate that she's more skilled than Hork. At the same time, different canons portray characters as having different levels of skill... it was generally said that Weiss in Angel's cinematic was more skilled than in her own canon from what I could see, but also Hork was apparently scary enough to convince the entire squad they'd lose, trying to fight him, but... maybe that's just how powerful his Semblance is?

Hmmmm.

Maybe? When Yang fought him she didn't actually get to see the full extent of his Semblance. That was when she was able to escape then he gets mad and cause the place to rumble.

...if he doesn't have fine control over his Semblance, I'm pretty sure that Angel could tank indirect/partial hits then, since those only tend to be a decently small fraction of the full power of the blast, depending on distance... kinda makes me lean to Angel, but I'll wait for more clarification for now I suppose.

...I hate to be that guy, but I've come back to this some time later and I still have to vote Inconclusive. Wouldn't be in good conscience otherwise.

Well dang, didn't know a place like this existed, and didn't know that such talks were being held about one of my characters. While I feel as though I'm too biased either way to make an accurate vote, I'll state for the record here that I'm pleasantly surprised to see Hork in the lead. As I'm also more inclined to favor the abilities of a character I can actually see fighting through an animated medium, I'll admit I'd probably vote for Angel if their speeds weren't equalized.

Dang, of all the places I'd never expect to see you here (not that it's a bad thing).

I might make Naruk's profile and maybe even Belfor at some point. Also good work at that chapter.

Back