• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

And His Revisions Were Electric: Risk of Rain Profile Creation/Feat Gathering

Risk of Rain’s current profiles are, well, mostly nonexistent, and the one we do have is pretty outdated. Since I had this very old CRT laying around, I figured it'd be good to open a general thread to gather feats and scans in order to give the verse the makeover it needs. I'm not super familiar with the Void DLC, so I'll just add stuff as I find it. I also have a somewhat outdated sandbox covering some profiles (ignore the Touhou stuff at the bottom), so take a look at that if you feel like it I guess. For speed, I'm scaling everyone to Kur'skan's feat of dodging electricity, gunfire, and fireballs, backed up by Providence blitizing her.

Items Explanation

This will just explain some of the item abilities that I think bear elaboration.

If you’re wondering why I didn’t separate items by game, it’s because all items (with the exception of lunar items, Halcyon Seed, and Shared Design) are confirmed to have been on the UES Contact Light when it crashed, or otherwise have no lore justifications for why they are inaccessible (elite aspects), so while some items may be inaccessible in gameplay between RoR1 and RoR2, they should all be equally accessible in lore. For this reason, I’m only leaving out lunar items, Shared Design, and Halcyon Seed from RoR1 exclusive survivors, since they have no way to access them.

Hyper-Threader: Stated to generate energy from the surrounding air.

Colossal Knurl: Stated to attract nearby earth and dirt to form armor.

Leeching Seed: Its RoR2 item log heavily implies it drains the life out of nearby living things for sustenance.

Alien Head: Described as being able to ward off diseases, and can boost strength and agility.

Chronobauble: Its item description says it slows down time.

Death Mark: Item description heavily implies it inevitably kills anyone who comes into contact with the holder, though it doesn’t seem combat applicable.

Ghor’s Tome: Item log mentions that through intense bloodletting, you could turn iron to gold.

H3AD-5T v2: Stated to convert kinetic energy to light, heat, and sound.

Shattering Justice: Secretes a nano toxin on striking a target which eats away at armor.

Defiant Gouge: Petrification from this. I’m not really sure about the exact mechanics or whether or not it’s combat applicable.

Focused Convergence: Gravity manip as described here.

Feel free to ask me for any other needed explanations.

Things That Should Be Looked At

Here are a few things I’m not 100% sure about, or are just interesting.

-Captain’s beacons can go from his ship to ground level in a matter of seconds (3 seconds for orbital bombardment and supply beacons, 20 seconds for the OGM-72 'DIABLO' Strike). Considering his ship is shown to be in outer orbit of Petrichor V, this would net some pretty impressive speeds that could scale to the cast given that characters can dodge them. Additionally, the KE of these attacks could arguably get higher than the feat we’re currently using (Providence’s ship feat).

-Possible relativistic speeds? Stone golem attacks are described as lasers on multiple occasions, and the Laser Turbine item shoots, well, lasers, and is described as a laser turbine for a photon power plant, so we know genuine light is involved here.

-Mithrix’s death seemingly causes the moon to start to fall apart. Additionally, a large number of Void Reavers show up and are implied to teleport/deconstruct the entire moon, though this was a collective effort of an unknown number of them. No idea if this can even be calced or should just be given a “possibly 5-C/far higher” justification, even ignoring the vague nature of the feats in question. Another issue with the moon stuff is that, based on its depiction in the ending sequence, it appears to be mostly hollow, so I’m not sure how that would affect any possible AP ratings.

-A possible pocket dimension creation feat. According to the Halcyon Seed’s item log, Mithrix sealed Aurelionite away. Then, in the Gilded Coast’s monster log, it mentions a jailer fashioning a prison for the prisoner, quite obviously referring to Mithrix and Aurelionite respectively. This means Mithrix is the creator of the Gilded Coast, which is shown to have a starry sky. Probably too vague to be used, but whatever.

-The primordial cube item seemingly creates a black hole, but it deals no damage so I can’t confidently say it could be scaled to AP/durability. Maybe the standards on black holes are loose enough to let this be calced anyways, but for now I’m more comfortable leaving it as gravity manipulation.

-Not technically important, but for the sake of establishing some sort of cosmology, Transcendence confirms that there are other universes. Providence also mentions ‘an adjacent reality’ in the logbook entry for Bulwark’s Ambry. So 2-C cosmology if that ever becomes relevant, though I doubt it will.

I'm a fan of the game and had thought about making updates regarding abilities gor the current pages and making more pages.

The black hole thing is just game mechanics as it is uses to trap the enemies, while the unstable black hole does the same but also damages them.

I'm a fan of the game and had thought about making updates regarding abilities gor the current pages and making more pages.

The black hole thing is just game mechanics as it is uses to trap the enemies, while the unstable black hole does the same but also damages them.
I wouldn't say it's game mechanics, but it probably doesn't fit our black hole standards.

This all seems pretty good, about the more weird stuff:

The laser turbine log also says "keep it away from electromagnetic sources" so that could be more evidence, idk about the golem lasers, pretty sure you need to aim dodge those anyway.

Mithrix's death always seemed like a 5-C feat to me, idk how our standards for "i die, it explodes" feats, and i think the void reapsers being unknown burtchers the feat.

Thiugh the moon being whole probably would still make it a tier 6 feat via the size of it.

Not sure on the creation feat.

Yeah i think we can't calc, the stabdards are effective here.

I don't think the Void Reavers should be unknown. Yes, they use hax to imprison people, but those hax only trigger on death, and they're dangerous late game threats for the survivors. They also apparently imprisoned Acrid at one point but that bit is a little vague.

I have the Gilded Coast creation as an "at most" rating which probably wouldn't scale to survivors. It may even be exclusive to Mithrix, since Providence is considered pretty bad at creating things according to his brother.

I also think for speed and AP, Captain's beacons are worth calcing. The KE should be pretty high, arguably higher than the feat we use now (which was done casually anyways), and the speed is definitely way higher than subsonic scaling off of Magma Worms.

Survivors should also get at most 4-A for beating Mithrix as his creating the gilded Coast through his power. Also the the survivors should be stright up 7-B on the low-end for being the void devastator which is stated to drown cities and create earthquakes. The Void Devastator also attacks with black holes and white holes. So the rating shoiuld be something like.

At least 7-B (Killed the Void Devastator which can easily drown entire cities, cause earth quakes and casually up-roots skyscrapers) 5-B, at most 4-A (Beat Mithrix who was sustaining the moon. Mithrix also created the gilded Coast, a pocket diemsnion with a stary sky. The Void Devastator uses black holes and white holes to attack. Additionally the some survivors items create black holes too and attack monsters).

I'm not sure if we can scale environmental destruction like that, same goes for creation feats. Also, while I'm not familiar with anything from the void DLC, how legitimate are the black holes from the Void Devastator? Because they could definitely support a cosmic scale for the cast alongside Mithrix's moon feat if we get them calced.

I'm not sure if we can scale environmental destruction like that, same goes for creation feats. Also, while I'm not familiar with anything from the void DLC, how legitimate are the black holes from the Void Devastator? Because they could definitely support a cosmic scale for the cast alongside Mithrix's moon feat if we get them calced.
I mean the description of flooding cities and earthquakes is made in reference to its power as it's a giant alien crab that can shoot a giant laser. It's more so due to it massive size it casually does these things. I've have to play it again to double check it.

I mean the description of flooding cities and earthquakes is made in reference to its power as it's a giant alien crab that can shoot a giant laser. It's more so due to it massive size it casually does these things. I've have to play it again to double check it.
Idk, reading the monster log, it says the Void Devastator "commands the waves" and specifically creates earthquakes. It sounds more like it's spontaneously causing these events to occur through some kind of ability, not that it's so big or powerful that it physically causes them.

Was talking about their numbers in the moon feat
Ah, yeah that makes sense then.

okay let me talk in parts:

1) "There's old stories of an deity who commanded the waves. Not just the kind that lap at the shore on a sunny day, no, I'm talking the kind that brings cliffsides down. The kind of current that could effortlessly bat ten-ton cars aside, uproot skyscrapers, and drown entire cities. There's more, too. They say he also had the power to create earthquakes. Can you imagine that kind of power? Natural disasters are still a plague to this day, even in the advent of space travel. Could you imagine what it would be like to be in the presence of someone who was the master of such power? Who could call down a tidal wave, and smother your life away, with a snap of their fingers?

yeah like mad dog said, this is all enviromental desrtuction via abilities, not AP directly, unless something points towards a UES.

2) yeah i don't think any of the black and white holes in the game qualify for AP, however the singularity band might have a chance, let me go over the examples:

primodial cube:

+is called a black hole
+Called "singularity containment lattice"
-doesn't damage anyone
-no mention of spacetime warping
-no mention of light suck

Singularity band:

+creates "unstable black holes"
+literally called "singularity band"
+connected to the void and corruption, which warps time and reality and brings darkness
+Lore implies that it makes "light fade" and "space buckle", "drawing things near until they are one"
+/- it damages enemies with the explosion rather than overtime

the wiki also mentions that the explosion is it collapsing but idk if that's in the game

void devastator:

-white holes act like sticky bombs
-black hole is also a bomb
-no mention of spacetime and light warping
-no sucking, going off the wiki

so yeah, only the band could work

3) creation feats also need evidence or UES to scale to AP

4) the beacons are definitely worth calcing

5) why would mithrix sustaining the moon be 5-B?

3) creation feats also need evidence or UES to scale to AP
Real quick, you don't technically need a UES to scale creation feats to AP. You need one to scale your physical stats to a creation feat, so Mithrix would get a "(whatever tier he ends up at), 4-A with creation" for his AP, and his non-creation stats for durability and striking strength (which is where everyone else would likely scale as well).

Look I made these pages months ago and left them to rot, I plan to clean them up once there's a consensus on what the stats should be.

Ah, no wonder then
The cosmology would be flat 2-B given Transcendence + Planetarium logs, so basically, At least 2 space-times per universe (not including spaces outside of time) x (MWI + each new run being its Permutations which each have timelines which split off them)
There is an argument for 2-A given mentions of there being an infinite amount of total cycles but idk
The only thing that could scale to it is the Void at its peak, given that they are the entire reason behind this all, and it would only scale to their hax if it does scale at all.

Pretty much a necro, but I can't let RoR wither away. RoR deserves more love 😞

Also, if we consider Mithrix to be tier 5-4, shouldn't providence be that tier as well (Or is it just outdated)? Since iirc he's pretty even (maybe even stronger, iirc) according to the lore.

Back